Thread: My Napoleon: Total War cannot save

Battleroar's Avatar Libertus

Default My Napoleon: Total War cannot save

Hi guys, long time since i posted here.

I recently re-installed Napoleon total war to replay it, mostly due to renewed interest because i have started reading the amazing Hornblower series. But when my game finishes installing on steam, and i have installed DarthMod Napoleon, it starts up perfectly, but after a couple of turns of the campaign, i realize, that the game wouldnt save. When i clicked the quicksave keys or manually saved in the menu, the curser changes to the watch for an instant, but no loading times, and no saves. Ie: No quicksaves, no campaign saves and no autosaves.

First i thought it was a problem with the mod, but this does'nt seem to be the case. I have tested with and without and have been reinstalling to find out if i could fix it or not, but alas, no solutions.
    I searched the internet for an answer but i couldnt find anything.

I have some information, of which i have no idea if its relevant or not, but here goes.
    -I have the peninsular campaign addon
    -It tells me the version is 1.3
    -In my C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon folder i have no folder named save_games, but a save_game file without a .xxx behind it.
    -The rest of the game runs perfectly
    -The game is a retail copy registered with steam, not the imperial edition i could get in the store there.

Thank you for your patience and your answers, and excuse me my imperfect english.

Thanks for a lot of cool stoff to enlongen my gametime with this amazing series guys, you're the best.

Sincerely
    -Battleroar

Default Re: My Napoleon: Total War cannot save

Have you checked the file permissions for the save games folder? Make sure that the profile under which the game is running has permission to write to that folder.

Yes and everything has every access to the file. ¨
    But thanks for the suggestion!

hi i just wanna say that im currently experiencing the same problem with my ntw. I actually did install it yesterday, v1.3, installed darthmod and bam ...after 15 turns i realized that i couldnt save.

So i have uinstalled/reinstalled the mod
    uinstalled ntw/reinstalled it (both from add/removoge program to steams bulit in feature)
    ive also tried to verify the ntw installation and both times it says that one file isnt ok

I dont know what to do either, and funny is, even thought i have unistalled the game and the mod twice, when i start up a ordinary vanilla campaign the line units are 320 men per unit..ing strange

Quote Originally Posted by meme_engine View Post
    Have you checked the file permissions for the save games folder? Make sure that the profile under which the game is running has permission to write to that folder.
    how do you check this out? Cause i dont understand the whole way... =(

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by dafuu View Post
    how do you check this out? Cause i dont understand the whole way... =(
    Right-click your saves folder, click the security tab and see if there are checkmarks under allowed for read and write.

like Battleroar wrote: In my C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon folder i have no folder named save_games, but a save_game file without a .xxx behind it. Its the same for me, no save_games folder but just a save game file in about 30 mb large. But i can maybe check out the file!

edit: i took a look at my save_games file (like i said i got no save_games map, not in appdata anyway) and yes it has full access
    Last edited by dafuu; February 08, 2012 at 01:38 AM.

The last time I saw this was after Vista was released and player not logged in as Administrator.

Have you tried it with the UAC disabled/turned off?

Yes i have tried this with UAC turned off and i have given all users all permissions, i dont think its that :/

See if it's set to Read-only. The last resort.

im getting this exact same problem. The game looks like its saved but when i go back to check theres nothing there.. what can be done here??
    For King And Country

Creator of *Whites Of Their Eyes* Closer Range Mod For The Darthmod Series

Napoleon: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=570195

Empire: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=568914

Quote Originally Posted by flexter View Post
    im getting this exact same problem. The game looks like its saved but when i go back to check theres nothing there.. what can be done here??
    Do everything I hav already posted in this thread?

same problem here tried everything and still not working

Quote Originally Posted by lurtri View Post
    same problem here tried everything and still not working
    Did you try it before installing DarthMod?

I've found the solution to the darthmod problem...it's a pretty easy one too. All you have to do is create a "saves" folder in your C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon directory. Then just move the "save_games" file into that folder and you should be good. It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by StillRapids View Post
    I've found the solution to the darthmod problem...it's a pretty easy one too. All you have to do is create a "saves" folder in your C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon directory. Then just move the "save_games" file into that folder and you should be good. It worked for me.
    No dice for me....

EDIT: NVM, it works. Just be sure to actually delete the save_games file if you copy it. I left the old one in the main directory and it messed up the fix.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; May 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Here is what works on Windows 10 Home in 2022 if you cannot save games.
    My UAC setting is one notch below the top, so it does not affect the issue.

Solution:

Step 1. Create a folder called "save_games" (without quotation marks) under this path:

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon
    where XXXXX is your Windows username.

You have to turn on "View hidden folders" or tick "Hidden Items" to be able to see the AppData folder.

Step 2. Start a new vanilla campaign

Step 3. Click end turn. Check if you can see the autosave if you go to "Load Game"

Step 4. Quit the game, follow the DMN procedure to create 40 army campaign saves, then launch the game and load the DMN campaign save file.

always fast like napoleone bonaparte yes

This is Good Work for me.
    Very easy to solve the problem.
    Even passed too many years, still without fixing this problem.

Try if you have NOTHING HAVE SAVE FILE.
    Say again, Thank you