Thread: I conquered all 106 European regions in 7 turns (New Medieval II Blitz Record)

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Default I conquered all 106 European regions in 7 turns (New Medieval II Blitz Record)

Hello everyone. I've returned from the dead to announce that I have reclaimed the record for the fastest Medieval II blitz campaign from Legend of Total War after 9 years (to the day!). The goal is to take all 106 regions on the European side of the Atlantic (American regions are excluded) in as few turns as possible. I was originally made aware of this challenge in 2013 with Legend's 14 turn run.

Proof:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On January 27, 2015, I posted that I had completed the blitz in 11 turns only to have Legend do it in 8 turns just a few hours later. This time, I'm relatively confident that 6 turns is NOT possible, but who knows if a new glitch of some kind will emerge.

The long-held rules of this challenge:
    • VH/VH difficulty
    • no mods
    • no console commands
    • all bugs, glitches, and exploits are allowed

I've always loved this challenge because I appreciated that it required a robust understanding both the mechanics of the game AND its exploits. It's not just taking advantage of glitches, but also knowing how to maximize every movement point of every unit and using agents or units in ways that people haven't considered doing before.

I certainly don't expect anyone to watch all the way through, but I have taken the liberty of compiling my whole run into a YouTube video if anyone wants to skip through the chapters and see how it was done.

EDIT: Having trouble getting the embedded video to work. Here's a link.

Last edited by King William the Conqueror; January 28, 2024 at 10:50 AM.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: I conquered all 106 European regions in 7 turns (New Medieval II Blitz Record)

Wow...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.