Thread: RTW & M2TW Soundtrack Submod for EBII v. 2.4

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Icon6 RTW & M2TW Soundtrack Submod for EBII v. 2.4

Party on, Wayne! Party on, Garth!
    Welcome all righteous dudes and dudettes to my official EBII music submod for version 2.4 (that's "Europa Barbarorum II" for the uninitiated bogus nerds who don't know how to catch a wave with their surfboard or rock out to some serious metal at a Steel Panther show by stagediving into the pit).

This bodacious and most excellent music submod has it all, bro. It's got totally radical, karate face kicking, bone crushing riffs on the battle map from Rome Total War (RTW), Medieval II Total War (M2TW), some film scores (Alexander), and even songs from the soundtrack companies Audiomachine and X-Ray Dog! Awesome! On the campaign map you'll hear a heady mixture of EBII tracks and RTW ones to mellow out while relaxing and, if you're lucky, lighting up a fat one with your bikini babe at your side after the beach party.

Alright, bro, put down that beer for like a second, dude, and listen to these instructions very carefully, okay man? Perform them wisely, my young disciple, and then take as many keg stands as you want afterwards, cuz this has to followed precisely or else you're gonna wipeout, man. You don't want to have a total bummer like that, dude, trust me. Also make a backup of the original EBII "sounds" folder and "descr_sounds_music" file in the "data" folder just in case you botch it like a total loser, by doing something totally lame that I told you not to do! Now pay attention, you nark!

Installation Guide
    Click here for the ModDB download page!!!

(1) After downloading the mod, go to like your downloads folder (you know where that is, come on, bro), and you'll find a "data.rar" WinRAR file folder.

(2) Then you gotta right click on that bad boy to pull up the dropdown menu, and select the extract option.

(3) Then you gotta extract all this cool stuff directly to your "EBII" folder, aiming it there, which should be located in the "mods" folder of wherever it is you have Medieval II Total War on your computer.

(4) Your total nerd computer will ask you some BS condescending question like "do you really wanna paste over all this stuff that's already here, bro?" And you gotta say YES! That's exactly what you're trying to do. Like, duh!

(5) If your lame nerd computer didn't ask you this question, that means you screwed up royally and did something totally bogus, extracting the files into the wrong location! Come on, dude, you don't even need to be sober to do this, it's so simple my pet dog Chaz could do it in his sleep after passing out from eating all my cereal. So easy a caveman could do it, bro, seriously.

Don't be square, and don't be a spaz, that's all I'm saying. Now enjoy the mod, that's an order, bro!

Disclaimer:
    This submod contains music for those who already technically own Rome Total War and Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. It is assumed that you own these games or these soundtracks prior to downloading this submod! If you don't, you can support the author and original composer Jeff Van Dyck by following this link here.

Previous versions:
    Version 2.35a
    Version 2.2 (b, c, d, etc.)

Default Re: RTW & M2TW Soundtrack Submod for EBII v. 2.4

Would be amazing to have version without Audiomachine and other soulless corporate 'music' stuff. Putting in together with Vangelis and Jeff is a war crime, IMHO. Sorry for being salty, I admire titanic work of EB team, the audio quality inconsistency in the mod is the only thing that bugs me.