View Poll Results: Is Israel in Military aspect a giant?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Israel?For Giants they have a noob(or bad) army

27 38.03%
  • Israel?of course they are really strong

44 61.97%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Strongest army (except the giants: France, US, UK, Russia, China and India)

Default Re: Strongest army (except the giants: France, US, UK, Russia, China, India and Israel)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerxes View Post
    Don´t underestimate the army of the Vatican City State: the mighty Swiss Guard whose soldiers are armed with an awsom halberd pole weapon and also wearing a good quality long sword... /Cerxes.
    And extensive small arms. For all the snazzy pants, the Swiss Guard is the military force of 1 billion Catholics. Thats right, 1 billion humans are protected by 100 swissmen with balloon pants.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Default Re: Strongest army (except the giants: France, US, UK, Russia, China, India and Israel)

Since when and how can one count Israel a "giant " ?
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

3000 MBTs and Nukes ?

Default Has Israel a really strong army? Are they a Giant in the World with their armies?

Is israel a giant with his army?
    what do you think?
    i would say no
    and you?

Busy!!!

Default Re: Is Israel a giant with his Army?

wtf is the meaning of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    BTW, ferrets54, you are a pedophile.

Has israel a so strong army that we can call them one of the giants
    i mean giants:USA,maybe UK and France,China,Russia,India

Busy!!!

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Default Re: Has Israel a really strong army? Are they a Giant in the World with their armies?

What's with the sudden influx of political threads in the normal Thema Devia.

As far as the question goes, they're not strong enough to be a 'giant' but they're up there, probably on the same level as Australia (if not higher).

What I'm saying is they could most likely beat many of the countries around them, Egypt, Turkey, Lebanon ... etc.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerxes View Post
    Don´t underestimate the army of the Vatican City State: the mighty Swiss Guard whose soldiers are armed with an awesome halberd pole weapon and also wearing a good quality long sword.

Advantages: highly disciplined and no dependence of any mumbo-jumbo technology stuff that can break

Disadvantages: their colorful renaissance uniform can stick out a bit making them easy targets for coward enemy snipers...

/Cerxes.
    Well, they're all very religious swiss infantrymen, the kind of people you don't make fun of. They carry the same small arms equipment as the swiss army.

3000 MBTs and Nukes ?
    They don't project power beyond their immediate neighbours and the middle east though, so I'd only call them a giant as far their own yard is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Has israel a so strong army that we can call them one of the giants
    i mean giants:USA,maybe UK and France,China,Russia,India
    They dont have the numbers to compete with the giants. Id also disagree with India and China on the list..anytime a country has to equip itself pretty much soley from another country they arent a "giant" imo. Also you need force projection if you are to be considered a "giant" something really only the big 4 have to various degrees. If you took equal number/makeup of Israelis and put them against equal number/makeup of USA/UK/France/Russia then Id think they would do well but they arent a giant. The Australian example above is a good one though Id rank the Israelis higher if only because they produce their own hardware as well...even if it IS paid for by my tax dollars.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Threads merged. They are far too similar in scope. - imb39

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    That is something I would change in the US army. While our technology obviously has it's advantages, it also has the drawback of our troops relying too much on it. I personally have not gone through US basic, but from little I have heard, it seems relatively "easy" (my dad says his football practices were harder) From what you are describing, if it were up to me, I would have something more like that.
    to expand on farnan's. 1) youve never done it, 2) your dad who sounds a sporty guy, found it 'easy' - maybe thats because he was actually fit? If you make it too hard you wont ge tthe numbers you need.
    Last edited by Carach; March 31, 2007 at 06:18 AM.

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Strongest army (except the giants: France, US, UK, Russia, China and India)

I'd say Norway.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default Re: Strongest army (except the giants: France, US, UK, Russia, China and India)

Well the Aussies have a decent military and also the SAS.

Then there is iceland, a sovereign nation with access to the US military.

But personally I say SK. israel is far too strong and experienced to be counted among the other said nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

TAG's Avatar Campidoctor

IDF seems overrated in this tread
    hmm I need to be patriotic.... IDF ftw !!!

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    If you make it too hard you wont get the numbers you need.
    true enough.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Italy now, have one of the best armies in the world

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

What do you guys think is the best MBT in the world at the moment? I'll be stubborn and say leo2 a6 with the shineeyyy L55 RHEINMETALL gun :german:

But challeger 2s are getting the same shiny new gun system too... I suppose it has slightly better armouring than leo, but its kinda more expensive too...:hmmm:
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Quote Originally Posted by dragases1453 View Post
    Italy now, have one of the best armies in the world
    I think you're the first actually mentioning italy.

This kind of posts are useless. I smell to much Nationalism and not enough reality. And most people don't even know what they are talking about. Example did you people know Turkey has the secondest strongest army in the NATO? And in the NATO nations like Britian France America occure.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.

i know...and it's only because everyone thinks to italian army as to the worst one who lost the WW2...but we cheanged it a lot and we have some of the best weapons and regiments...as the Folgore, the Battaglione Monte Cervino and the Incursori...and Delta Force soldiers come to italy and are trained by italian Incursori