Thread: Behold! New Units!

Default Re: Behold! New Units!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades of Athens View Post
    Lame excuse

Maybe I find some better pics still.

P.S.

Pic ist taken from Osprey's Macedonian Warrior

P.P.S.

Thanks btw I really appreciate your efforts.

Okay, okay, I give in. But from this point on I don't do requests.

Is this what you're looking for?

BTW, the model you showed me in your first post. Is that yours? Because if it is, I could use those cheekguards you've put on. That'll save me a lot of time. Or even the texture would be good, probably better. Just upload it here.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sleighr View Post
    Well, the latter helmet is more historical for 2nd to 1st century BCE, as it was more common then. The Thracian is more Early Successor. But I did it to give Macedon a more posteric image.

As for uniformity in tone, might I remind you that I did say the texture was half-assed? Change it as you like it. Be my guest.

To tell the truth, I really suck at metal textures. The shields took a month to get looking like they do

The metal textures are ok....
    it was just the lighting on crest ridge didn't correspond with the adjacent bits of helmet. Although it looks fine in the above render.
    The new helmet above is coming along very nicely btw.
    Last edited by KALI; April 06, 2007 at 05:17 AM.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

im impressed, learn how to make clothing patterns and youll be a top noch skinniner in this comunity.

Quote Originally Posted by sleighr
    Is this what you're looking for?
    Yeah, that's great, although, mabe a few more polys wouldn't hurt...me at least, but it's really a promising beginning so far.

BTW, the model you showed me in your first post. Is that yours? Because if it is, I could use those cheekguards you've put on. That'll save me a lot of time. Or even the texture would be good, probably better. Just upload it here.
    Yes,but I used the normal cheek-piece texture..and no, unfortunately I can't send him, the pic (and the memory *sniff*) is all I have left, the guy is now wrestling with Leonidas for a good seat in Hades' only bar, after he was KIA in one of my great computer crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by KALI View Post
    The metal textures are ok....
    it was just the lighting on crest ridge didn't correspond with the adjacent bits of helmet. Although it looks fine in the above render.
    The new helmet above is coming along very nicely btw.
    Well, the crest is a completely separate piece, and the metal texture for the crest ridge is from the crest on the texture file. I'm working on that, but so far using the same metal as on the helmet doesn't look good. Drab. Very drab. That and it matches worse than my original. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochus epiphanes View Post
    im impressed, learn how to make clothing patterns and youll be a top noch skinniner in this comunity.
    Appreciated. What do you mean by patterns, however? Fabric weaves? Or designs?

Thank you King Louise Assurbanipal, for those pics. They'll be a help. Got the full pics?

I'm definitely going to have to work on that visor, too.

Oh. Has anyone noticed a problem with the area beneath the tunic? As in great big open spaces? There might be a problem with the Alpha Channel in the texture, but then it might be just me. I don't see it in Max. My comp has got ghosts in the graphics card, I swear.

What do you mean by big spaces?
    By the way in max, do you set the alpha to be invisible?...open materials editor, click on opacity, click on scene on left of the box that comes up, then select the texture you're currently using, etc, etc.
    If not, I'll point you in the right direction..... here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51457

I think AE means folds in clothing and so on as well as patterns. Folds are the hardest thing to get right.
    Last edited by tone; April 07, 2007 at 02:33 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Here, if you still need them, I modelled some cheek pieces, I think I used part of a texture from Dark Fenrir, but I am not sure.

Here, if you still need them, I modelled some cheek pieces, I think I used part of a texture from Dark Fenrir, but I am not sure.
    Hee hee! Looks like you're going to have to upload it again, Alcibiades. The file's corrupted. It won't open.

Don't mind me. Been having a hard time today. It's just how my luck seems to be going right now. I feel like Jim Carrey in "Liar, Liar"

"I'm kicking my ass! OKAYYYY!?"

I always forget to say, it's a re-named .rar-file, not a zip.
    http://www.rarlab.com/

Don't mind me. Been having a hard time today. It's just how my luck seems to be going right now.
    I know that feeling.

I know that feeling.

Hee hee! They still don't work. Max says they're missing DLL files.

I know that feeling.
    Here's an idea. How about I send you the model and you do the cheekguards?

M'kay, do.

The very special request. 12 hours for this model.
    Hope this is what you want.

It is now 4:30 AM here. I'm going to bed

sleighr, I find very good picture with this helmet.
    http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpos.../original.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    sleighr, I find very good picture with this helmet.
    http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpos.../original.aspx
    Thank you for the pic. That'll be a big help.

Hope everybody had a good Easter. I took the day off. But I'm back in the saddle now.

A of A. Haven't heard from you. Is that the model you want or what? It's sitting waiting to go into full production.

A of A. Haven't heard from you.
    Didn't want to wake you.

Is that the model you want or what? It's sitting waiting to go into full production.
    I'd say it is, minus the cheekpieces.

Thanks (in advance)

Didn't want to wake you.

I'd say it is, minus the cheekpieces.

Thanks (in advance)
    Ha. Okay, I've got a rehersal in about half an hour, so I gotta go (Oh. Never told you guys I was an actor, did I? Well, that's my reputation gone. ).

But I'll send you the High beta model either later tonight or tomorrow. How would you prefer it? Email or PM? If the former, PM me the address. That's if it isn't on your profile.

Sorry it took so long but I had last minute technical issues with the model, and I've been waiting for Alcibiades to answer my last post.

Since he's obviously busy, I guess I'll just post it here.

This is just a beta mind you. But pretty much what you ordered for. Try it out. If it works, I'll do the lower rezzes.

I also added a crest I've been working on for my other pike models. Just remove it from the alpha channel if you just want the bare ridge.

I even took a shot at the cheekguards. I'm sure they suck.

Texture file included.
    Last edited by sleighr; April 13, 2007 at 07:05 PM.

Man, dude (<-use of colloquial american english signaling distress and excitement),these are great...even your 2d-cheek pieces are better than mine...

A big:Thank you !...now I won't even throw rotten things at you for being an actor (old family tradition, nothing personal).
    I hope your rehearsal went well.

If you want, I could make UI, probably not before end of this week but better late than never.

Cheers

P.S.

For you other guys, that's what the unit looks like:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast