Thread: Standard vs Bigmap

Default Standard vs Bigmap

sb2ean,
    I have a quick question. As you know, I am using a modified version of your 2.1 Standard map in my mod and was wondering how much of a difference there is between the number & names of provinces, between the two versions (standard 2.1 vs early bigmap 1.2) ?

I am thinking the RPBM version before you added factions.

I have been thinking of creating a bigmap version, if the amount of work isn't that great, and if you corrected the blocky coastline in BM?

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: Standard vs Bigmap

The latest Standard version has the Eastern areas redone to resemble the BigMap more , the BigMap version has a few extra regions
    Malta , Majorca ,
    1 extra Irish region Tara ,
    3 more for England/Scotland Berwick , Cumbria & Hereford
    Gotland (island) , Schleswig-Holstein
    Pisa , Badajoz , Cologne ,
    Cumania & Ukak
    Kronstadt
    excuse my hap hazerd list , but I was checking the map as I wrote them down.
    I hadnt realized it was that many - 14 regions extra for BigMap ver'
    The BigMap version has had more refinements for the roads ports and other mountain forest changes , it also has a river added to Ireland.
    I dont play Standard Map games anymore so a BigMap version of your mod sounds good to me..
    I havnt had time to try your mod much yet but my brother uses your mod , he prefers to start in late era with the gunpwder : ) . We need more good era mods I think , because most people dont want to start in 1080 all the time .

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Creator of
    Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You have any eras mod for your
    big map?

Quote Originally Posted by sb2ean View Post
    The latest Standard version has the Eastern areas redone to resemble the BigMap more , the BigMap version has a few extra regions
    Malta , Majorca ,
    1 extra Irish region Tara ,
    3 more for England/Scotland Berwick , Cumbria & Hereford
    Gotland (island) , Schleswig-Holstein
    Pisa , Badajoz , Cologne ,
    Cumania & Ukak
    Kronstadt
    excuse my hap hazerd list , but I was checking the map as I wrote them down.
    I hadnt realized it was that many - 14 regions extra for BigMap ver'
    The BigMap version has had more refinements for the roads ports and other mountain forest changes , it also has a river added to Ireland.
    I dont play Standard Map games anymore so a BigMap version of your mod sounds good to me..
    I havnt had time to try your mod much yet but my brother uses your mod , he prefers to start in late era with the gunpwder : ) . We need more good era mods I think , because most people dont want to start in 1080 all the time .
    Thanks, it would probably be an easy conversion. I could just add the new province to my standard edition (+ a few regions) descr_strat.

Did you manage to smooth out the coast line, or is it still blocky as in regular BigMap? The reason I didn't use BigMap was the coast line.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

try this map and see what you can do with it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78188

I didnt touch the coastlines so its the same as it was in the spurius original.
    Really I dont notice it anymore , I got used to it .
    I think I tagged most of the garrisons , so it would be easy to find the correct x,y coordinates to add to your file , then like you say just add the extra regions

@lordyu
    I like that that map has more to the north , but from the radar it looks like the Caspian sea has gone, and the Americas as well its a good map and it was all done from scratch as well

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Creator of
    Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3

Quote Originally Posted by sb2ean View Post
    I didnt touch the coastlines so its the same as it was in the spurius original.
    Really I dont notice it anymore , I got used to it .
    I think I tagged most of the garrisons , so it would be easy to find the correct x,y coordinates to add to your file , then like you say just add the extra regions

@lordyu
    I like that that map has more to the north , but from the radar it looks like the Caspian sea has gone, and the Americas as well its a good map and it was all done from scratch as well
    Very good, I think I may do a bigmap add-on after I release 2.0