Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs and issues

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Bugs and issues - patch 10

p.s. how many generals does it take to win a battle?
    lol, I ended up with too many generals while trying out that General recruitment system, plus I was low on cav that turn. Btw one of them died in the battle xD.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Do not know if this has allready been pointed out but the Roman light infantry fights like hoplites. With that cind of shields and all looks very very stupid.

Then something strange happened too. Don't knof if it's TRW bug or the mods bug but when I attacked against Aleria owned by Carthago the Lipy-Phoenician early infantry came to the gates to block me of and did not fight. They where just standing there while my Roman light infantry units stapped them to death with only one casualty on my side. I think he died of the laugh.

Another proplemconserning the Roman light infantry. They seem to be too powerfull. I originally took them along with my legions on the campaign against Garthago to be so to speek Cannon food. To die so others should'nt. I ended up using the RLI as the most killing unit in the legions on that campaign.

Another interesting thing about that campaign. I whas allied with Syracuse and we captured Caralis together. As expected Chyracuse attacked Caralis after I had it. They now have theyr main force there and I can attack undefended against Sicily.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

Oh, and also in Tarentum I can recruit Hoplites of Tarentum with Romans. Is this intensional? I like the hoplites but if I can recruit the Spartans with Romans after I've taken Sparta I'll scream.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Roman Light Infantry: Oops, I'll fix that

Lily_phoeni boys not fighting: RTW bug.

Roman Light Inf too powerful? Not really. Their stats are pretty low.

The ONLY Hoplite Rome can recruit is the Tarentum one. It is intentional.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

why though? also, you might want to have a look at Free Heavy Infantry (the ones with the nearly orange skin, and the red shields, designed to be like legionaires) -they have the unlocalised placement text error.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Patrician

Why though what?

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

why let the romans recruit tarentine hoplites?

Patrician

Why not? It's a neat unit. I know, I know...not historical and all that. But once Rome takes Tarentum, you'd never see it again, so this gives the player a choice to recruit it, or (as I would play) not. It disappears from their cue there after the reforms.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

ah right, integrated into the auxilia, i presume

lol i made a tarentum hoplite army in my roman campaign

Well, my game just CTD for the first time. im in the year 232 bc and when I try to end the turn, the game just crash. I push the "next turn button" and the game CTD without any error windoes. and yes, AUTO_SAVE is FALSE. what should I do?

I have seem a strange thing... donīt know if itīs a bug, but the Free People Siege Themselves! If anyone teach me how to post images Iīll gladly send one.

By the Way, great mod.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by talc View Post
    Well, my game just CTD for the first time. im in the year 232 bc and when I try to end the turn, the game just crash. I push the "next turn button" and the game CTD without any error windoes. and yes, AUTO_SAVE is FALSE. what should I do?
    It's probably a corrupt saved game, which is the 'baine' of a long time campaigner. Rare, but a problem with RTW itself, not mods. The only thing you can do is save often, and go back to a previous save.

And, Conradgeneral...isn't that something? The Free People seige themselves!!
    Just one of RS's tricky innovations. The Free People are actually composed of two factions, and they don't like each other any more than they like you.
    Last edited by dvk901; May 16, 2007 at 03:23 PM.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The free people seiging themselves is a feature not a bug. Read the free people thread for an explanation. The short explanation is there are two free people factions (both displaying the same name) so when the free people "attack themselves" its really one free people faction attacking the other.

EDIT: damn dvk you're way too fast or I'm way too slow!
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Neat!

When i click od portrait of some general it causes CTD ,or if i click on the building menu or even in sometimes if i want to recruit some mercenaries. Always the same problem - klicking on some buttons lef or right. Does anybody have the same problem?

Deus ret.'s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SquidSK View Post
    Install:

RTW
    BI (this patches RTW to 1.3)
    Patch v1.6 (this patches RTW to 1.5)

NOTE: If you have Gold edition or Eras, the game is already patched so skip the steps before the mod installation.

RomaSurrectumver1.exe
    Full_Patch10.exe

Ran new_ui.bat

AUTO_SAVE:FALSE
    This is EXACTLY what I did. I even uninstalled and re-installed RTW:BI (no eras or gold package) and re-downloaded RS, both v1.0 and patch 10. Still I get the very same error message, which reads:

"script error in data/descr_mount.txt line 184 column 1
    could not find battle model for half armoured horse"

I should maybe add that I had to alter new_ui.bat because of a strange error on my system (all command windows invariably start on path E:, so I inserted the respective commands -'d:', 'cd rome'- myself and the .bat file works fine.... 'press any key' and 'overwrite files?' two times each), but I guess this isn't the error source?

arghh!

Deus ret. Just a tought but it starts to sound like a virus of some short. Maybe you should check that out. I had a virus long time ago distroying my files one by one and it started similar.

Patrician

Gentlemen, your installations are corrupt. This is not an issue with the mod. Every time someone has had this problem, it's been a bad RTW install. The mod has nothing to do with clicking on Character pictures or buildings, that's an issue with the game itself. AND, the mere fact that one of you had to alter the batch file says something is wrong. Because the batch file runs from INSIDE the directory where it is doing the work, it doesn't need to know a drive letter. If it needs one, then it's having trouble even finding your RTW install. Very bad.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'm getting CTD's when I was attacking a Macedonian army on a bridge and a couple random towns. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks.