Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Metro Naval mod for RTRPE 1.9

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Metro Naval mod for RTRPE 1.8

@Galloper
    Thx for findding that ...When i was removing senate from RTRPE18 ,i rename senate to kralstvo_dvorovi and after that i moddifed RTRPE and i renamed senate again in slavs and i forget that the public realise of RTRPE18 still use kralstvo_dvorovi . MNM use slavs and it copy many files from main RTRPE ,that export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt is directly coppied from RTRPE files.....
    Thanks again

@Darth Stalin
    Right now i dont have access to my home computer ,byt tonight when i get home i will give you full instructions how to add RTR 6.2 music mod or CC music in MNM...and for punic music mod i dont know i dont have that file and i newer have used.

OK, so what should I do to remove that bug by myself?
    I've DL-ed and i9nstalled the MNM 1.9 - so I'll probably have to DL again the reworked version without the bug... yet should I edit some files or what?

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

When I upload the game, then:
    1) "Fail to open sound database!"
    2) "Script Error in MNM/data/export_descr_sounds prebattle.txt, at line 668, column 38. Wrong faction type: 'kralstvo_dvorov'"
    What can be done?
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

@AbrahamShalom ,Darth Stalin
    there is something writen in the end of the post that will fix the bug ,byt since many people will miss that i make new installer fixsing that bug....

OK Darth Stalin
    Here is what you need to install RomeTotalRealism_6.2_Music_Addon
    Point the installer to your MNM folder (assuming this is your path for MNM) .It will look something like this
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\MNM\
    than add THIS file in \MNM\DATA folder and when it will ask overwrite say YES

Than run MNM and there you go u have new music.....

In case u cant heard music you have probably disabled, in that case open \MNM\preferences\preferences.txt and change ENABLE_MUSIC:FALSE to ENABLE_MUSIC:TRUE

This should work fine becouse i test on my PC.....

I will wait for the new installer.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions

Download links are updated with correct installer

@Macedon
    I noticed that your mod integrated for playing with Alexander.exe, right? I think that it's brilliant idea I'm prefer to play with alex.exe because I think AI is better. My question is how you solve problem of immortal characters? I dislike when my characters like "highlander" can die only in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper View Post
    @Macedon
    I noticed that your mod integrated for playing with Alexander.exe, right? I think that it's brilliant idea I'm prefer to play with alex.exe because I think AI is better. My question is how you solve problem of immortal characters? I dislike when my characters like "highlander" can die only in battle
    No i didn make playble MNM with Alexander.exe , if u like to make it playble copy chat_filter.san to MNM\DATA folder and make shortcut from alex.exe with -mod:mnm.
    I newer mod ALEX byt much as i know if u like to have immortal generals u have to add "Trait Immortal" (to export_descr_character_traits,export_descr_VnVs_enums,export_VnVs,descr_strat) im interesting will you be eable to make immortal generals if it is like i think it is than its easy it only need 5min modding .. if u have any trouble adding traits...im here to help you

It works. Great mod. This has been a great week for mods.
    Thanks.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions

im interesting will you be eable to make immortal generals if it is like i think it is than its easy it only need 5min modding .
    In fact if you play any mod with alex.exe all generals immortal by default. You don't need give them apropriate trait. They simply don't die. They can live till 120 years old and then reboot to zero
    I am looking for solution to fix it

I didnt know that all generals are immortal in Aleksandar, i was thinking only he is immortall becouse only he have Immortal trait and that trait dont have trigers which means none else can get that Immortal trait.
    Probably i was wrong beccouse i newer play full ALX campaign

I think that there may be a missing texture. When I try playing the Roman rebels in custom battle, I get a CTD with an error message saying that the game could not find the texture for "bouis_proper_legionary".

Hi, I love this mod and think it really improves the whole game. However, one issue I am having now that I've updated to the latest version is that now no music is being played anywhere in the game: that includes battles, the map screen and the main menu. Did I install something incorrectly?

Hi, I love this mod and think it really improves the whole game. However, one issue I am having now that I've updated to the latest version is that now no music is being played anywhere in the game: that includes battles, the map screen and the main menu. Did I install something incorrectly?
    Sometimes music dont work on some computers to fix that try some of this
    reinstall mod ,if that dont help delete this files
    ...\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds\events.dat
    ...\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds\events.idx
    and if that didnt help maybe you disable music in perfences file, to see that open
    ...\MNM\preferences\preferences.txt
    this is which lines are for music and how they should be
    Code:
    MASTER_VOL:100
    SPEECH_VOL:100
    SFX_VOL:100
    MUSIC_VOL:70
    ENABLE_AUDIO:TRUE
    ENABLE_MUSIC:TRUE
    ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
    I think that there may be a missing texture. When I try playing the Roman rebels in custom battle, I get a CTD with an error message saying that the game could not find the texture for "bouis_proper_legionary".
    Thanks for info..
    You probably use "RTW-BI Unified Skeletons & Animations Pack",I was forget to update roman rebels enteries in that addon here is correct file ,yust put him in ..MNM/data and overwrite old one
    Last edited by Maced0n; March 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maced0n View Post
    Sometimes music dont work on some computers to fix that try some of this
    reinstall mod ,if that dont help delete this files
    ...\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds\events.dat
    ...\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds\events.idx
    and if that didnt help maybe you disable music in perfences file, to see that open
    ...\MNM\preferences\preferences.txt
    this is which lines are for music and how they should be
    Code:
    MASTER_VOL:100
    SPEECH_VOL:100
    SFX_VOL:100
    MUSIC_VOL:70
    ENABLE_AUDIO:TRUE
    ENABLE_MUSIC:TRUE
    ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:TRUE
    I tried all of that, still don't have any music playing. Not sounds, not voices...just no music.

Interestingly enough, when I attempted to view the credits for the game from the main menu, the credits music was able to play.

Does this mod or RTR alter the music files in any way? When I attempted to play vanilla RTW and BI with the original exe. files, the music was able to play once again.

Foederatus
    They call it Earth, though 3/4th of the surface is ocean.

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else experiences the same problem, but the diplomacy has gone berserk in the mod. Every turn I have several alliances formed and broken, over and over again. No factions really respect trade rights or alliances, and just go about being as opportunistic as can be. This wasn't really the case in my previous version of the game (Platinum 7), is it supposed to be this way in the mod? If so, can it be changed for a more "reliable/steadier" diplomacy?
    Last edited by Renamed User; June 03, 2007 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon bon View Post
    I tried all of that, still don't have any music playing. Not sounds, not voices...just no music.

Interestingly enough, when I attempted to view the credits for the game from the main menu, the credits music was able to play.

Does this mod or RTR alter the music files in any way? When I attempted to play vanilla RTW and BI with the original exe. files, the music was able to play once again.

Hm... i really dont know others dont have that problem ,maybe u have disabled music.....

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else experiences the same problem, but the diplomacy has gone berserk in the mod. Every turn I have several alliances formed and broken, over and over again. No factions really respect trade rights or alliances, and just go about being as opportunistic as can be. This wasn't really the case in my previous version of the game (Platinum 7), is it supposed to be this way in the mod? If so, can it be changed for a more "reliable/steadier" diplomacy?

Hi , i didnt change anything about diplomacy its same like in RTRPE, try to play on easyer level...

Never mind, found the answer to my problem in the RTR Platinum v1.8 mod switch version thread. The long and short of it is that, after installing the mod switch version, there are no files in the Rome - Total War/RTWPE/Data/sounds folder by default for some strange reason, so I simply copy and pasted over from the vanilla files. Problem solved. Now I can finally get along to playing the game again!

Foederatus
    They call it Earth, though 3/4th of the surface is ocean.

I've played other mods on the "very hard" level, and I've seen nothing like this before. It's really odd. I've never seen such sudden changes and new alliances take place before... About the difficulty level: I like that the way it is.

Anyway, if nothing can be changed about it I'll just play it the way it is. I guess a berserk diplomacy may prove more challenging, hopefully, instead of annoying.