Thread: Star Wars

oscarreeve's Avatar Getafix Loyal Companion

Default Star Wars

Hi
    I am going to start work on a new star wars mod , at the moment i am leading nania total war as well so i am going to be very busy , so my hope is to find somone suitable to take over this star wars mod but for the time being u have only got me

we are very desprately needing somone to export some models as cas.

we are also looking for 2d artits, coders, scripters ect.....

Baba fett

Dath Vader ( needs a clock doing )

genrael Grevious

please note that i did not make the models
    Last edited by oscarreeve; June 08, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

My Army ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Default Re: Star Wars

Do you have permission to use them?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

All of those models are free to use, however using the Star Wars theme as a mod is a different story.

Not mention those units will probably crash your game, unless you had them as general units, maybe...

It's basically the same story with the Castle Complex you posted before - very nice looking, and I'm sure it would look amazing if you put it in game, but between your fps lag and the huge contrast it is going to create against your other units/buildings as far as quality and detail, it is just not very practical.

Personally I'd suggest working more on the RTW level of detail, as that is what the engine is optimized to handle.

Still, your more than welcome to try - perhaps you'll prove me wrong!

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

If you want to use the star wars theme don't you have to ask lucas arts.
    BTW anyone know what happened to the old star wars mod it looked promising they had a website and every thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Ok, thanks for all your advise.

What i am planning to do is to have just two factions.

and make a very basic mod. ( as i am going to work on my narnia mod more )

Personally I'd suggest working more on the RTW level of detail, as that is what the engine is optimized to handle
    I will try my best at this as i agree with that,

P.S Once i have all the models less detailed though i am having real trouble exporting as cas. so i really need somone i caould pass the models onto to do this aslo if anyone could hive me advise on how to make the models less detail please say

Quote Originally Posted by oscarreeve View Post
    Hi
    I am going to start work on a new star wars mod , at the moment i am leading nania total war as well so i am going to be very busy , so my hope is to find somone suitable to take over this star wars mod but for the time being u have only got me
    and esp that:
    we are also looking for 2d artits, coders, scripters ect.....

I could excpect such post from a noob with less then 5 post here - it would be still funny though, but not from you Oscar - 1. you are a quite experienced modder, 2. you know how hard it's to make a new mod - you have so much dificulties with you first mod - Narnia TW - you have only few own unit models (i don't count Laca's and Warspite's Numidians) and you want to start a new one - even harder to mod.

As for the "how to make less detailed models" (and most of you questions) - simply use search option on TWC (a tip best is Professor420's Video Modelling Tutorial Part 7 - but watch all parts of the tutorial - Prof did a great job).

I could excpect such post from a noob with less then 5 post here - it would be still funny though, but not from you Oscar - 1. you are a quite experienced modder, 2. you know how hard it's to make a new mod - you have so much dificulties with you first mod - Narnia TW - you have only few own unit models (i don't count Laca's and Warspite's Numidians) and you want to start a new one - even harder to mod.

As for the "how to make less detailed models" (and most of you questions) - simply use search option on TWC (a tip best is Professor420's Video Modelling Tutorial Part 7 - but watch all parts of the tutorial - Prof did a great job).
    Ok, thanks.

At the moment i might put this mod on hold as thinking about it i need to concentrait on narnia total war as much as i can an i am starting to get the hang of modeling so i can do plenty of models.

and i can not lead two mods ( i think i was having a crazy day when i was thinking about doing two mods)

But prehaps one day i might give this mod a try.
    Last edited by oscarreeve; June 09, 2007 at 01:35 PM.

Awesome !!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

1. You do not have to ask Lucas Arts for anything. Trust me, I was a republic commando and Empire at War modder.

2. Models from that Sci-Fi 3d site are not meant to be put in games.

3. The Eaw Community was lent some models from another mod team. If you go to filefront ask around for " the warlord models".