Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I HATE SCARY MOVIES......

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default I HATE SCARY MOVIES......

Not because they are scary- but because THEY MAKE ME ANGRY

Its always 1 person who is in a perfectly good hiding place with police on the way who doesn't need to leave and decides to anyway- then when they do they don't turn on the lights or anything

Also it always seems when the victims have guns all the people with the large assualt rifles take a wide open corridor that is brightly lite and 1 person with a pistol goes down a hallway and kills many things with very bad odds- comes back to find those iditos with the assualt rifles dead- not to mention people that are going after the victim are horrible marksmen and despite there are 20 of them with machine guns they cant hit the victim whose running without cover.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: I HATE SCARY MOVIES......

It's Hollywood.

Goudvinger's Avatar Semisalis

I think you have been watching the same movie over and over again

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

I enjoy a good slasher now and then, especially when the annoying characters die.

My problem with slasher-type movies is that my sympathies always seem to fall a bit off what is intended by the creators, so frequently my favourite character dies and the ones I dislike survive.

Slightly randomly, this thread reminded me that during the last horror movie I saw in the cinema (28 Weeks Later) the guy in front of me was reciting the Litany Against Fear (from Dune) more-or-less non-stop throughout. Weird.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by mocker View Post
    I enjoy a good slasher now and then, especially when the annoying characters die.
    Yeah, man I hate Jaws 2, that stupid chick in the end who yells louder than Pavarotti never dies .
    I actually got pissed of when the movie ended and she was still alive .

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_Bavaria View Post
    Yeah, man I hate Jaws 2, that stupid chick in the end who yells louder than Pavarotti never dies .
    I actually got pissed of when the movie ended and she was still alive .
    Have you seen the movie Cold Prey (original title: Fritt vilt)?

Warning: grumpy old people might ***** about the following picture!
    Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't run away from the psycho pickaxeman!

It's a great movie if you've got a solid tv/cinema, preferrably with surround.

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

I like 'em to be psychological or at least have a twist. SAW any?

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by mocker View Post
    Have you seen the movie Cold Prey (original title: Fritt vilt)?

Warning: grumpy old people might ***** about the following picture!
    Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't run away from the psycho pickaxeman!

It's a great movie if you've got a solid tv/cinema, preferrably with surround.
    Haven't seen it, I take it that alot of annoying people die ?

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I usually dislike them also.

Not because they are scary, and also not because they make me angry. It's because they are not entertaining. Most of them don't scare me anyway, and even if one were to be scary, I don't really want to pay $8 to be scared when I can see a perfectly good comedy or action flick that will entertain me much more.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    I like 'em to be psychological or at least have a twist. SAW any?
    'Saw' is just a gore-fest. There isn't anything psychological there. 'The Shining' on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_Bavaria View Post
    Haven't seen it, I take it that alot of annoying people die ?
    Amen, brother.

Juggernawt's Avatar Semisalis

Personally I find myself cheering for the killer/murderer/psycho. Slashers are so shoddy that the only way of getting some enjoyment out of the whole deal is to view it as a very bad comedy.

Icon7 Re: I HATE SCARY MOVIES......

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Not because they are scary- but because THEY MAKE ME ANGRY

Its always 1 person who is in a perfectly good hiding place with police on the way who doesn't need to leave and decides to anyway- then when they do they don't turn on the lights or anything

Also it always seems when the victims have guns all the people with the large assualt rifles take a wide open corridor that is brightly lite and 1 person with a pistol goes down a hallway and kills many things with very bad odds- comes back to find those iditos with the assualt rifles dead- not to mention people that are going after the victim are horrible marksmen and despite there are 20 of them with machine guns they cant hit the victim whose running without cover.
    It is all very well for YOU to say that - you have a crucial advantage over the victims in these movies, i.e. that you know it is a horror film. These characters think it's real - if you were in a real situation of this kind you would panic and behave oddly too.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Moved to the Arts. ~ Lord Gruffles
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernawt View Post
    Personally I find myself cheering for the killer/murderer/psycho. Slashers are so shoddy that the only way of getting some enjoyment out of the whole deal is to view it as a very bad comedy.
    Your right, Scream 2 anyone?

Not because they are scary, and also not because they make me angry. It's because they are not entertaining. Most of them don't scare me anyway, and even if one were to be scary, I don't really want to pay $8 to be scared when I can see a perfectly good comedy or action flick that will entertain me much more.
    Ah, but Scary Movies aren't made to entertain at all. They're made so guys like me can ask a girl to go to the theaters with me to such a movie, and she'll be scared clinging to my arm.

It's the entire point of these movies, let's just hope the women never catch on.

...and when Hitler received his Luftwaffles, he said "where is mein kampflimentary coffee?"

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffels View Post
    Ah, but Scary Movies aren't made to entertain at all. They're made so guys like me can ask a girl to go to the theaters with me to such a movie, and she'll be scared clinging to my arm.

It's the entire point of these movies, let's just hope the women never catch on.
    yeah, except the entire problem with that theory is that its inevitably the girl who ends up picking the movie, so the guy is more likely to end up sitting through some boring romantic comedy or some melodramatic tear-party than the girl is likely to sit through some slasher gore fest.

I see your point. Well then, perhaps my theory only works on Halloween when the girls are actually in the mood to crap their pants.

...and when Hitler received his Luftwaffles, he said "where is mein kampflimentary coffee?"

crap....I just swallowed a cherry pit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast