Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread *Warning, here there be

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- The "Official" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    nobody dies....come on, these are kids books. Harry Potter isnt mature enough reading for kids to die.

Read the Lost Years of Merlin if you want swords and sorcery with a more mature tint to it. In that book, kids actually do die.
    I can see you never seen a swedish children movie

Ever one of them is about death ( exept Pippi ).

Harry will die im quite sure of that

what does a swedish children's movie have to do with harry potter?

Now, I read the first 3 books when I was younger and I stopped after that, correct me if I'm wrong but its definetly not the type of book where they'll kill off children. Its way too lighthearted for that.

Indefinitely Banned

what does a swedish children's movie have to do with harry potter?

Now, I read the first 3 books when I was younger and I stopped after that, correct me if I'm wrong but its definetly not the type of book where they'll kill off children. Its way too lighthearted for that.
    You think that for precisely this reason. You stopped after the third book. It got a lot darker starting with the fourth one, in which, in fact, a child is murdered.

I see...so maybe there is yet a chance for a Harry death. (Hairy...Harry...get it?! Its a pun!)

I just saw a commercial for a harry potter movie, somthing something and the something phoenix. Is that the movie for the last harry potter book? If so, just watch the movie, then youll know if Harry dies a hairy death.

It depends on what you mean by 'child'. Remember that Harry and his posse are 17 years-old in the final book. That's hardly child-murder. And who says he has to be murdered to die, anyway? He could nobly sacrifice his life of his own accord.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I just saw a commercial for a harry potter movie, somthing something and the something phoenix. Is that the movie for the last harry potter book? If so, just watch the movie, then youll know if Harry dies a hairy death.
    The Order of the Phoenix was the 5th book, the one coming out will be the 7th.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

crap, by the time they get to the 7th movie harry potter will be 40 years old.

Actors in their early 20s are frequently cast as late-teens in movies all the time anyway. It's no big deal.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

well, you guys go ahead and have fun reading harry potter. Make sure you tell us all how it ends, if he does indeed die. I'm gonna finish reading The Clash of Nations, followed by Hagakure, followed by Rashomon, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    Actors in their early 20s are frequently cast as late-teens in movies all the time anyway. It's no big deal.

I hate when they do that, a good sign of a bad movie/TV show imo, when a 22 year old is cast to play a 16 year old...its definitely noticable.

but in harry potters case itll be more like a 21 year old cast to play a 17 year old...still bad, still noticable, but *shrug* good luck with that whole suspension of disbelief thing...I hear thats important in the movies.

Director: "come on guys! lets wrap up the next two movies before this kid sprouts pubic hairs"
    Last edited by RZZZA; June 24, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

nobody dies....come on, these are kids books. Harry Potter isnt mature enough reading for kids to die.
    already disproved, because people have already died in the books.

(ive read one - the latest one.. im not much of a harry potter fan but the movies are alright (the last few anyway)

well i disagree, the books are alright but the movies are complete fantasy diarhea.

the books are fantasy diarhea also but at least with books, you get kids to read....

well i disagree, the books are alright but the movies are complete fantasy diarhea.

the books are fantasy diarhea also but at least with books, you get kids to read....
    considering the absolute shite hollywood has spewed out the last few years, harry potter has been one of the best garentueed movies..

of course i do look forward to rocky balboa 99999993 and RAMBO 4!

this year (and the next) seem to be a year for fillers and 'comebacks' - die hard, rambo, rocky, god how many more?

you get where im going with this?

well, I'm sorry but 7 harry potter films seems completely unneeded to me as well. I'm pretty sick of hollywood looking to other media for film ideas, actually. Video game, book adaptations, comic book movies.....its all destined for complete movie garbage imo.

The Harry Potter movies were my only source of Harry Potter entertainment.. and I kind of liked them. Not the main actors, of course, but that guy who plays Voldemort is really freaky.

Indefinitely Banned

I found Voldemort very unbelievable in the fourth movie. I could see Ralph Fiennes' eyes and hear his voice too clearly; I simply couldn't fully believe the character. I kept thinking of his character from The Chumscrubber, when he's all out of sorts thinking about dolphins, because of the movements he was making.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace View Post
    the WWII period (with that other evil wizard, whatever his name is)
    Heinrich Himmler? I-I mean, Grindelwald?
    Really, though, that would be friggin' cool. Squadrons of German wizards on Messerschmitt-built brooms, the Ministry of Magic fighting das Reichszaubereiministerium.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace View Post
    I found Voldemort very unbelievable in the fourth movie. I could see Ralph Fiennes' eyes and hear his voice too clearly; I simply couldn't fully believe the character. I kept thinking of his character from The Chumscrubber, when he's all out of sorts thinking about dolphins, because of the movements he was making.
    meh, he's a good actor though and tbh i dont think anyone can take other actors seriously anymore either in certain roles - the hobbits of lord of the rings for one..

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Wasnt a digital copy of the last book stolen by a hacker? I saw that on the TV.

*googling*

There you go...
    - There is no spoiler in this quote so you may read it, however there is a link that leads to the site containing the spoilers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yes, we did it.
    We did it by following the precious words of the great Pope Benedict XVI when he still was Cardinal Josepth Ratzinger.
    He explained why Harry Potter bring the youngs of our earth to Neo Paganism faith.

So we make this spoiler to make reading of the upcoming book useless and boring.

The attack strategy was the easiest one.
    The usual milw0rm downloaded exploit delivered by email/click-on-the-link/open-browser/click-on-this-animated-icon/back-connect to some employee of Bloomsbury Publishing, the company that's behind the Harry crap.

It's amazing to see how much people inside the company have copies and drafts of this book.
    Curiosity killed the cat.

Who kill curiosity?

To protect you and your families

God bless you

Gabriel

Link containing the spoilers:

http://seclists.org/misc/harrypotterspoilers.html
    Last edited by Hattori; June 25, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...t_harry_potter

This happens, lol. Already has been posted quite a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori View Post
    Wasnt a digital copy of the last book stolen by a hacker? I saw that on the TV.

*googling*

There you go...
    - There is no spoiler in this quote so you may read it, however there is a link that leads to the site containing the spoilers.

Link containing the spoilers:

http://seclists.org/misc/harrypotterspoilers.html
    what in the hell is all that ********.. americans by any chance?