Thread: a humble request

Icon1 a humble request

good morning guys,

i am a fan of spqr but i am not a vetrean player, because of low specs i play on large settings and this makes unit management a lot important because if two or more of your units take a heavy beating it makes their replacement a lot more problematic as u have to constantly replace your units.

i very much like the new mercenaries and fixes in v6.4 but i am being mowed down by hannibal i really did well in the previous versions of spqr because of invasions happening only from the north and i could hold them off and build italy.

so my request is that can u good guys out there help me and give me a campaign map similar to the previous versions with no hannibal for 6.4.

thanks a ton in advance

preston's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: a humble request

IMO the hannible is accurate infact lt is being nice because there are supposed to be alot more elephants there lol. when hannible came to italy even though he lost alot along the way he had thousands of elephants. besides i think its fun fighting them and i HIGHLY doubt that lt will adjust the mod for you tbh.
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

Hannibal had 37 elephants when he crossed the alps.

What I suggest Pullo, is to ask one of the players for a Saved game that already took Taras back, then it would be like playing earlier versions. ;-)
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

thanks again,

i would like to make another humble request to all u good guys out there who will be so kind enough so as to give me a savegame with large settings not huge and hannibal beaten.

Hi,

I play on large settings too. If I can work out how to do it I will send you the savegame. I took Taras a while ago and I think I am holding Gaul whilst building up my cities. ( had a few days off SPQR, been playing FIFA 07, can't quite remember)

I only have internet access at work at the moment so it will be a couple of days.

thanks a ton ricardo,

i will wait and try my level best to be patient.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Im not trying to be rude now, but with Hannibal removed from the game one of the biggest challenge is gone. What is the fun in that. You start with 3 legions which is enough for taking him out...

ok, heres how u can mod it yourself
    goto desc_strat file. [ right click on data file and use search ]
    open file, then press ctrl f, search for Hannibal, under his name is his army, just delete his units.
    Start a new campaign and its sorted.
    ps always save the file 1st in case u cock up, good luck Biggbudd.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    Hannibal had 37 elephants when he crossed the alps.

What I suggest Pullo, is to ask one of the players for a Saved game that already took Taras back, then it would be like playing earlier versions. ;-)
    37? i thought he had a lot more than that.
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

trust me, it wasnt thousands. logistics alone wouldve made thayt impossible

as far as i know, hannibal marched with 37-38 elephants and in that treacherous journey only 8 survived,but thoses 8 also caused massive harm to roman forces.

it was. i know i admit i was wrong but hid did have thousands of troops total to start.
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

yes he did really have thousands of troops but the journey by the alps greatly undermines his strength and therefore he had to rely on mercenaries to fill in the ranks.

he had around 32,000 troops, 8,000 cavalry and yes 37 elephants at the start of his journey.
    he lost a lot of troops due to desertion and ongoing battles with celtic tribes.

but as he reached into italy his numbers swelled 28,000 infantry and 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary_Pullo View Post
    as far as i know, hannibal marched with 37-38 elephants and in that treacherous journey only 8 survived,but thoses 8 also caused massive harm to roman forces.
    Actually the elephants only played a role in the battle at the river Trebia and they were only used as a fear device. The elephants infact hardly played a role in hanibals campaign exept for being one off the things that made him realy famous
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009