Thread: Are the Caucasus in the Mod?

Default Are the Caucasus in the Mod?

I was just wondering if they were in. If they are then how come the Khazars and Arabs arent a faction?

Default Re: Are the Caucasus in the Mod?

No, they are not a faction.
    Co-leader and Historian for the Picts, Moravians, and Scots in Viking: Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by DeZzErX
    So I type in Tartan in google. This is what i get.

No they are not. The reason is that the conceptual scale of WotN was to the Norse world what Broken Crescent is to the medieval Middle East. But unfortunately a lack of "editorial control" and effective administration in the mod's early stages led effectively to a "everywhere the Vikings went should be in, and nowhere else" policy, and the exhaustive work of constructing the camp-map was done with this in mind. This leads to some awkward situations such as having Byzantium in, but not having or even having on the map the eastern shore of the Mediterranean, the Levant and the Caucasus etc. or North Africa and so on. It's unlikely the mod will ever attempt to depict these regions (as it would make the extent of focus on Northern Europe necessary for a "Viking mod" untenable) but we are looking at what we can do to make things more interesting in the southern and Eastern areas, and the possibility of at least some Islamic factions. The faction list has changed since the one in the FAQ but is not finalised yet.

Antagonist
    Last edited by Antagonist; July 08, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Thanks for answering! This mod looks really good!

Thanks. Just bear in mind that it's still being "renovated" to a degree and some things are still being worked out. We hope to release our first preview in the near future.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II