Thread: Where is caesar

Default Where is caesar

Why cant i play as caesar and why does he disappear at the start of all my campaigns except the spqr

Default Re: Where is caesar

In 77 BC Version 1.0 Caesar emerges as a faction in his own right in 58 BCE. The player is then given the opportunity of taking over the Caesariani and fighting the Bellum Gallicum and the Bellum Civile or retaining control of the SPQR faction.

Hardcoded diplomacy limitations however sometimes resulted in the AI SPQR launching pre-emptive attacks against the Caesariani.

77 BC Version 2.0 sticks to the same template i.e. Caesar is not designed to be adopted as a playable faction at the start of the Mod. The big difference is in how the Caesariani emerge in 58 BCE.

My advice is to play nice and slow because a yet to be released surprise add on is due shortly. This will allow fans of Caesar to truly experience the epic historical battles in Gaul, Greece, Africa, Egypt, Pontos and Spain....

As Bucellarii, our great historian has correctly summarized, there was no way to avoid that the SPQR attacked Caesar before the start of the Civil War. But, as he says, if beta-testing goes well, Gaius Iulius will come back soon to your computer screens .
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; July 12, 2007 at 01:13 PM.

Hey amigo we cross posted!

why does his faction just collapse unless i play as spqr

why does his faction just collapse unless i play as spqr
    sorry for double post

In fact, I have edited my post as you have -as usual- explained the issue much better than me.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

chapman, the caesariani are not supposed to be playable in 77BC. If you want to experience playing with Rome then use the SPQR faction icon.

Gaius will come and join us in few weeks probable.... stay tunned to a frontpage announcement next week.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE