Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your First Gaming System?

Default Re: What Was Your First Gaming System?

Then quickly moved on to the PC where Dune II got me. Strategy games will keep me around PC forever.

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

Matt's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige Legioen View Post
    I then got my hands on the first C&C on my Mother's desktop, I have no idea what kind of PC it was. But I played the crap out of it. After awhile I eventually got more games for PC and then got my XBox and things took off from there.
    Great game. Do you remember the included trailer that featured a preview of what seemed at first view to be a FPS game based on the universe of Tiberium Sun ?

Indefinitely Banned

PS1
    PC
    Xbox
    Xbox 360

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default BEHOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Great game. Do you remember the included trailer that featured a preview of what seemed at first view to be a FPS game based on the universe of Tiberium Sun ?
    There is a FPS set in the Tiberium Sun world. It's called C&C Renegade if I remember well.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    There is a FPS set in the Tiberium Sun world. It's called C&C Renegade if I remember well.
    ya but whats hes talking about is a trailer that was shipped with the orignal C&C Tiberium sun , that was totaly different and was oozed cool unlike renegade.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

As much as people complain about "games these days," has anyone ever gone back to play your entire NES collection? Sure, there are some real gems, but most of the games you bought back then were terrible, offered 2-3 hours of gameplay, and were full of bugs and graphical glitches.

Games these days have huge budgets, are much longer and more fun, and usually less bugs than the average NES or SNES game. Plus games now are actually cheaper in "real dollars" than the old games. NES games that cost $35 to $40 in 1986 are actually more expensive than a game costing $60 today.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Sega MegaDrive (2) with Sonic 2 ****ing awesome
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Wow no one had Sega Saturn?? My favorite games were die hard, Jurassic park and some 2d version of sonic, still before it went 3d.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Games these days have huge budgets, are much longer and more fun, and usually less bugs than the average NES or SNES game.
    Yeah that is true yet game critics and the gaming public still seem to think that modern video games are not LONG enough...since when is 8/9 hours of total gameplay NOT long enough?

If games like Call of Duty 2, Halo 2, etc were any longer I would've died of boredom! Well....maybe not with COD2

Wow no one had Sega Saturn??
    I remember a friend of mine got a Sega Saturn a year or two after I got my Genesis...the only game I remember playing on it was this weird 3D game where it was basically colored outlines of squares, rectangles, cones, and other shapes on a black plane and the point was to run around in some sort of tank-like thing and shoot enemy shapes...weird stuff

For PC gamers out there what can you remember as being your first PC game? If I remember correctly my visit PC game experience was on a REAL old Mac computer where I played that "cannon fodder" game (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) and this super mario brothers inspired typing game (you know, the kind where you learn to type on the keyboard but in a "fun" and "game" style?)
    Last edited by VOP2288; July 17, 2007 at 04:27 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Sebdeas's Avatar Senator

I had a SNES, it was awesome especially Mario(ofcourse).
    I only had like 3-4 games for it but it was still great.

Here we go : Schneider/Amstrad CPC 464. First thing that I call computer. Later I have Amiga 500, PC 486 DX66, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, PC

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Good old fashioned Nintendo. Before that, we used to play a few games on the Atari and Commodore 64 owned by my uncle. My favorite was the game where swing from vines and jump over crocodiles. I can't remember the name of it.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

I also started on an Intellivision. You got a piece of thin plastic with each game that you inserted into the handheld-controller and it labelled all the buttons for you. The controllers had a dial on. Man, I must have been about 3 years old. Check out the revolutionary graphics on this ice hockey game - amazing.

Last edited by Cluny the Scourge; July 17, 2007 at 07:21 PM.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

My favorite was the game where swing from vines and jump over crocodiles. I can't remember the name of it.
    I think you're talking about the earliest version of the game series Pitfall
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Uhh first one i played my parents old PONG system

first one owned Playstation the gray one
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

First computer was a Commodore 64 and first console an atari 2600... they had some 'interesting' games !
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Stiros's Avatar Foederatus

The NES.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I think you're talking about the earliest version of the game series Pitfall
    Googled Pitfall. That looks like it but I could have sworn it was called "Swamp Adventure" or somesuch nonesense. Maybe a small-time knock-off of Pitfall?
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Amstrad cpc 6128.....a long time ago...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast