Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: XGM - Diadochi : Bugs & Issues

Default Re: XGM - Diadochi : Bugs & Issues

How ? Do they not kick in at all ? Anything I can mod in the script ?

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

It's got to do with the hidden_resources, I moved the italy hidden_resource to a distant region, but never got around to actually finishing it.
    Pre Marian is good too though, but this bug will definitely get fixed in the next hotfix, besides, legionaries are pretty much just Principes with slightly more defense...

Indefinitely Banned

Further to my reply on your other thread, I re-fought the Macedonian and Athenian "Rebel" battle and didn't encounter the "cavalry piercing phalanx" phenomena experienced the first time round, so it looks like it might have been a one-off.

I do have two things though, that you'd probably be interested in. During the battle, I noticed "shadows" following behind the Athenian battle line. Zooming in, light grey shadow-outlines of Cretan/Hellenic archers appeared (see attached file below). It looks like something is awry!

I'm not that far into the new campaign but everything else seems to be working OK, apart from a CTD on exiting the game back to windows, which has no effect on the game (see file with error message below).
    Last edited by Tony83; October 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

Must have forgot a file or two while packing the stuff...

You can check the announcement topic for the next update. It fixes a lot of bugs and Marian Reforms are now triggered, if you want the reforms to kick in earlier, just spam Croton by disbanding peasants there. Otherwise it will take quite some time for it to reach Marius.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi to everybody.
    first time I post here in XGM thread and installed XGM Diadochi in a clean RTW Gold Edition (only XGM is present); by first looks on this mod I am a little bit confused. I didn't play any campaign, just few turns while navigating through all factions, so it's early for sure to say something about, but on Faction Choice Menu I found:
    * Attalids: located in Italy on the map, and then on Pergamum as it have to be once campaign is charged
    * Arverni: located in Africa on the map, and then in Gallia as it have to be once campaign is charged (just a question why 2 Gauls factions?)
    * Dacians: in the faction story menu, there is written non playable yet
    * Macedon: the map change completely showing what they would have to conquer as victory conditions
    * an autosave already existing
    Then playing very few turns with quite all factions:
    * levy hoplites for Independent Greek Cities have Peasant icon
    * roman units looks like vanilla units
    I have made something wrong during installation (the xgmd directory exist) or is due to the beta release to be patched?
    Furthermore once installed the icon on desktop have the path to the original game directory (C:\programmi\...) and not to my own directory (C:\RTW BI\...) where I installed the game.
    Hope that what said could help and be useful, and not due to mistakes made by me.
    ayeaye Sirs
    Last edited by margio; July 19, 2007 at 10:33 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Margio,

As RedFox pointed out in the first post of this thread, this mod is a "Public Beta", so it's a "work in progress" and you are going to find some inconsistancies along the way.

Our "task", should we decide to accept it, is to play the game and help point them out as we find them.

This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds!

(Sorry - but I've always wanted to do the Mission Impossible thing. :laughing: )

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Tony83,

as you, and RedFox, pointed out it is a Public Beta, with all what that does it means. Your team had a very big heart to make XGM Diadochi public at this stage, that is not common. If on one side that allow an higher number of players to find eventual bugs and issues, on the other side could dishearten many others to play. As you said it's a choice and have to be accepted ...

Your message didn't self-destruct... I know the secret code ...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi Tony83,

as you, and RedFox, pointed out it is a Public Beta, with all what that does it means. Your team had a very big heart to make XGM Diadochi public at this stage, that is not common. If on one side that allow an higher number of players to find eventual bugs and issues, on the other side could dishearten many others to play. As you said it's a choice and have to be accepted ...

Your message didn't self-destruct... I know the secret code ...
    Hehe - somebody must have poured water on the fuse.

I'm flattered that you think so, but I'm not part of RedFox' team. Just a fan of the mod who's enjoying playing it.

>> Hi to everybody.
    Hi
    >>* Attalids: located in Italy on the map, and then on Pergamum as it have to be once campaign is charged
    * Arverni: located in Africa on the map, and then in Gallia as it have to be once campaign is charged (just a question why 2 Gauls factions?)

I haven't yet had the time to update the maps, but once you start the campaign, it should look alright.

>>* Dacians: in the faction story menu, there is written non playable yet
    Made them playable slightly before releasing the Beta, so I guess I forgot that little detail.

>>* Macedon: the map change completely showing what they would have to conquer as victory conditions
    Yes, don't you like it? Gives a good overview of what you have to achieve and how long the campaign will be...

>>* levy hoplites for Independent Greek Cities have Peasant icon
    * roman units looks like vanilla units

Yes, I haven't had the time to update those.

>>I have made something wrong during installation
    You have done nothing wrong, I assure you.

>>Furthermore once installed the icon on desktop have the path to the original game directory
    Ah, yes I gave it a default location, so that I didn't have to mess with the shortcut stuff in the installer script. But I hope you were able to change the path in the shortcut properties to the correct one.

----

Just a fan of the mod who's enjoying playing it.
    Glad to have at least one fan who truly enjoys the mod...

Has anyone tried out some of the more nomadic factions yet? I'm not sure that those climate ground types have been tested yet, might give a CTD...
    Last edited by RedFox; July 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

I`m a fan too. It has the best phalanx-on-phalanx action i have seen. Real messy. The maps are amazing and I like the way you implemented the wonders. The aegean needs tweaked economy though. I have to dole out at least 30 000 per turn to the ptolemees to keep my leadership sane.

No fan of smileys

Athenogoras: Could you please send me the savegame where you are making too much money. You shouldn't be making that much money at all, but it's possibly due to closely packed settlements with good farming income.
    It would still be nice to take a look at some of the player savegames, as I usually only have time to test 10 years into the game and so, barely reaching proper income, compared to the army size.

Redfox: I am a peasant. How do i send you my saved game?
    BTW its medium difficulty and large setting and playing Macedon

Figured it out. Here`s a link
    http://files.filefront.com//;8159577;;/

There is a problem with the phalanx getting in formation. Sometimes they stop before they reach their designated target. When I order attack they attack but if i just want to reorient the formation they sometimes just stop a couple of meters off.
    Tony83 also wrote something about the phalanx being "drawn out"". This happens when you have it in guard mode for me too. You must have it offguard.

Redfox:
    None of my macedonian generals has ever had the trait "hellene". Its 240 bc in the campaign. Is this intentional? I see it often on roman and independent greece generals.

That's odd, all greco-romans should have that culture trait... I'll see what I can find out.

It´s now 186BC in my macedonian campaign and the game is running smoothly. No CTD:s. One thing though. The marian reforms just triggered and I couldn´t make any more generals bodyguard. It seems you forgot to include macedon in the EDU for this unit.
    Your new hotfix also tweaked my empires economy pretty good.(it was compatible so I continued the campaign). Its now much better.

The Ai is fielding decent armies but at least the seleucids use to much peasants.

Good to know the tests are going well, I don't have much time these days, barely had the time to log on today, so I don't see myself releasing an update anytime soon.

Oh and about the marian reform stuff - it's kinda untouched at the moment, so there should be quite a lot of bugs after the reforms kick in...

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Can't get this to work...
    I have XGM 5.4.1. using RTW 1.5 in a seperate folder in my The Creative... folder. XGM runs fine. I created an additional folder with BI 1.6. I install, 8.0 plus the two updates and get an error message ("...cannot find specified path...") when I try to start the game, What am I doing wrong. I have several mods using BI 1.6 What am I doing wrong here. Is there a readme file I can use?