Thread: small question

Default small question

hi it is my first look on this mod and it looks very good just a small quistion i see there are 2 believes like pegan and cristian perhaps it is fun to split pegan like the pegans who support to scandinavian gods like thor and the main land pegan country's.

Cause there was a big difference between pegans believes. Also having 3 believs is better than having 2. Cause religion is a very fun part of mtw

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: small quistion

All the Pagan European religions were so much alike eachother that making three separate beliefs would be too much of a pain to be worth it.

There Pagan religious structures however, will differ according to the faction.

Although some of our pagan factions had very different religions, they are better represented as one, because there was very little conflict between "pagan" religions. Slavs, Norsemen, Finns, Balts, Magyars et cetera all were usually quite tolerant about different religious beliefs, and while the popular New Age image of "pagans" as some kind of egalitarian tree-huggers is obviously horsecrap, it would be strange to have religion cause friction between pagan factions.
    юмолануолиїнимижи
    ноулисѣханолиомобоу
    юмоласоудьнииохови

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Yes, and although f.e. the Nordic and the Bulgar mythology are rather different, they're both still generally Pagan, while they will, of course, have a distinct line of religious buildings etc.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    hi it is my first look on this mod and it looks very good just a small quistion i see there are 2 believes like pegan and cristian perhaps it is fun to split pegan like the pegans who support to scandinavian gods like thor and the main land pegan country's.

Cause there was a big difference between pegans believes. Also having 3 believs is better than having 2. Cause religion is a very fun part of mtw
    Yeah, bvt in M2TW it was mainly so you are able to convert other people etc.
    Pagans do not try to convert other people, so religion cavsing vnrest etc. (too mvch) would be wrong, imho.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: small question

I guess that's all well and good. Polydeists aren't likely to be all upset about additional, new gods being introduced to their society.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Probably been asked before but...

Will Pagans have the option to convert? If so, will they get any bonuses or penalties?

BTW good luck on the mod guys.

It would be an interesting possibility, but unfortunately there is no mechanism to do this in the game ATM. There are some possibilities using batch files and external coding, and also this feature may be introduced in Kingdoms, but we haven't fixed on anything definite yet.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

I'm pretty sure it'll come with Kingdoms.
    I remember reading that Lithuania had the option to do so.

The question remains whether we'll be able work with it, though.

Yea, its going to be in the Kingdoms expansion pack and is probably going to be modable considering Caliban said almost all the new features will be modable.
    Team Member of Wrath of the Norsemen M2TW Mod (3D Modeller)
    Economic Left/Right: 8.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74