Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fare thee well... (the goodbye thread)

deRougemont's Avatar Yeoman

Default Fare thee well... (the goodbye thread)

Fare thee well, TWC....

This thread is intended to be a companion to the the "new citizens" thread. Here any citizen who will be away from the site for an extended period of time or (God forbid) permanently, can publicly announce their departure, what they are moving on to, and when we might expect to see them back. This will keep the rest of us from wondering (in suspenseful agony) what has happened to X person and whether they intend to visit us in the future. This will also serve as a final chance for everyone to fawn, grovel, worship and fall into a general state of obsequious adoration for those citizens who are sadly departing us...
    Last edited by deRougemont; June 28, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

Default Re: Fare thee well... (the goodbye thread)

Quote Originally Posted by deRougemont View Post
    ...or (God forbid) permanently
    TWC = Total War Crack. They check in but they never check out (for good anyway!)

Well, let's hope that stands true for some of our lost brothers and sisters anyway.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You made my heart twinge. When I saw this thread I thought you were leaving us!
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

He is, but not permanently, See you in a few months dR!

psst. I'm not gone yet, though you're right, this is evidence that I will soon be gone for quite a while... I don't want to say goodbye just yet though...

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Didn't we have one of these a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Banned's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Civitate

My installed devices indicate that Captain arrgh still visits TWC. For more info, check his profile.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Gruffles is right. Even though i'm working, i still take an hour off every 2-3 days to write something and check the scene out. Once you go twc...

Evariste's Avatar We are one, we are many

When I make one of these, it gets closed, but when DeRougement does it, everyone's suddenly in love.

Just kidding DR, great idea, this.

EDIT: Shouldn't Narses' thread be merged here?

Quote Originally Posted by Evariste View Post
    When I make one of these, it gets closed, but when DeRougement does it, everyone's suddenly in love.

Just kidding DR, great idea, this.

EDIT: Shouldn't Narses' thread be merged here?
    No it shouldnt. Mine was just to state my particular reasons for leaving because I dont think people view this thread any were regurly.

This post doesnt mean I am comming back its just to say that I want my leaving thread left as it is.

If anyone is interested I will probably start posting in the curia again in september and I am still posting regurly in other parts of the site.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

So now you're only displaying yourself as a regular member?

Good .

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by R.I View Post
    My installed devices indicate that Captain arrgh still visits TWC. For more info, check his profile.
    Farts an' double Farts!!!!!
    Blast yer hoity toity technologicimal whirly gigs! A Captain can't skulk aboot in dar shadows nowdays!!!
    Anyhoo, Oi be back fer goode tha noo. DeRooogmunt, is ye's going fer long? Oi hope's ye's come back soon. Da Captain always appreciamatates yer brand o' wit an intelligence.

Well, it's time for me to say my goodbyes. In a few weeks' time I'll be going into the U.S. Army, and for all practical purposes I will be absent for TWC for at least 8 months, if not longer due to training. My intention is to become an infantry officer and serve in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Serving in the military and winning wars is a family tradition which I can no longer personally put off. So there you go...

There are tons of people I'd like to say goodbye to, but I will limit myself and inevitably leave out many. Firstly, thanks to Perikles and Ozy, who were immensely fun to argue with. Your abilities to hold the course on sinking ships will assure that you will make fine politicians some day! Also, I will miss Odovacar, Black Francis & Giorgos with whom I've had many interesting conversations with during my time here. You are folks which I think if I had met in RL, would have become fast friends indeed. Many, many thanks to finneys13, who took over the CNP and did a better job finishing it up than I ever could have. I'd like to apologize to Staff for being hard on them sometimes. On any other forum I would've been banned, which says a lot about what a great place TWC really is. In particular I'd like to thank Halie for his patronization when I was a wee member holed-up in the Hosted Modifications, shivering and unfed. I have been more than you bargained for; thus, as a recompense, you will be receiving a free one-year's subscription to a certain club that will remedy the ill-effects caused by my actions. Also, thanks to Imb39, who has been equally patient. For all the times you have gritted your teeth during one of my episodes, I will be sending you a gift certificate for an apparently popular company that will repair any damage that may have occurred due to moi. You have proven to be a worthy leader. Lastly, I say goodbye to the dozens of other TWC citizens and members whom I've run across at TWC; all of you have helped make TWC a cyber-home for me over the past year...

I look forward to visiting again when I can after my training is done. At that time I hope and expect to see that TWC has grown exponentially during my absence. I'm happy to have played a role here, however minor, and hope I may play one again in the future. Time will tell. Until then, adieu TWC, adieu!

Ryan (aka, dR), logging out.......

TWC Stats at the time of my departure:

Threads: 72,486
    Members: 29,567
    Active Members: 3,696

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I'm going to miss you mate...Look after yourself.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Goodbye dR. I wish you luck mate.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Bye dR. Ill miss you. You were a great member
    At least you will be back one day, so no big drama

I said goodbye to dR and the post got lost, so one again I say: Good Luck!

For the second time, Good luck, look after yourself and stay safe, you will be missed.

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Have fun in the military dR, I know I'm having a blast.

On a different note, during my long years here at twc, I don't think I've ever made a goodbye thread. Unless someone can correct me, but I doubt they can. Its very rare that I'm corrected, you see.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Cheers lads.

Quote Originally Posted by wilpuri View Post
    Have fun in the military dR, I know I'm having a blast.
    I can only hope.

On a different note, during my long years here at twc, I don't think I've ever made a goodbye thread. Unless someone can correct me, but I doubt they can. Its very rare that I'm corrected, you see.
    Hmmm, there have been a few (Cpn Arghhh comes to mind); and they inspired this one. Do I get a little reppy-rep for correcting you!?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast