• Colonization Total War

91 7.70%
  • Fantasy Total War

57 4.82%
  • World War Total War

91 7.70%
  • Others

88 7.45%
Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3964798081828384858687888990919293949596979899114 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2283

Thread: What may the next Total War game be?

Default Re: What may the next Total War game be?

We just had Rome so it cant be it. Maybe China or Japan or combined. Napoleon era would require much more detailed strategy element, supply and such. Also Napoleon era would be end of Castles and I dont think developers want that.

What ever it is, I hope they slow down the production phase in order to polish the product better.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Definitely Renaissance and Reformation TW, ending in the 1871, with the defeat of France by the Prussians. It can be supported by the current engine.

Battlefields should be 10x bigger, even for the current game. Think of all the maneuvering possibilities. CA/SEGA needs to think bigger. Those who complain of insufficient computers will just have to upgrade. It is the purpose of work to allow us all to entertain ourselves.

Yeah very entertaing seeing a whole lot of guys playing ping pong with muskets all the time. Every single battle. Oh my God.
    Die ist ein Kinnerhunder und zwei Mackel über und der Bitteschön ist den Wunderhaus sprechensie!
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Laetus

I duno what I would like next... I dont no any American history so I wouldnt understand the game if it was about that. Someone said ages ago that they would love to play the battle of the Boyne as King James. lol Id love to kick Williams ass. I presume your Irish like me? Obviously I have nothing against Protestants as a few of my friends are Protestant but it would be fun to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Francebunkerer View Post
    Yeah very entertaing seeing a whole lot of guys playing ping pong with muskets all the time. Every single battle. Oh my God.
    And guys bashing each other with wood and iron crowbars is.......? How original. Personally, for me the game is very linear. Seldom are battle 2D. Two opposing forces go at each, they bash each other, one retreats, eventually. The game isn't even exciting unless each side has a variety of missile units. Might as well just watch the UFC.
    Last edited by Condottiere SOG; July 26, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    And guys bashing each other with wood and iron crowbars is.......? How original. Personally, for me the game is very linear. Seldom are battle 2D. Two opposing forces go at each, they bash each other, one retreats, eventually. The game isn't even exciting unless each side has a variety of missile units. Might as well just watch the UFC.
    which game are we talkin about again?
    Persian Empire Mod

"[...] portraying Iranians as monsters, troglodytes, degenerates, and demons is “artistic entertainment”, but other nationalities are exempt from this “art form” as this would be “tasteless and politically incorrect” and would be regarded as a “hate crime”."

The one we all play, right? Maybe? Hmmmm?

only one..better and good "Colonization Total War"
    spain/portugal in south america and great britain/france in north america!
    or Total War Center Forums in World..LOL
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    The one we all play, right? Maybe? Hmmmm?
    well, then what do you mean with "Seldom are battle 2D"? 2 dimensional? uh? furthermore, this game doesn't only sport "wood and iron crowbars". it has a variety of missile units, even your beloved gunpowder driven ones.

I fail to understand what you would like about a game that limits you to ONLY gunpowder units. how'd you like a game that limits you to one type of melee troops and one type of missile troops? kinda lame, right? that's how I feel about your idea.
    Persian Empire Mod

"[...] portraying Iranians as monsters, troglodytes, degenerates, and demons is “artistic entertainment”, but other nationalities are exempt from this “art form” as this would be “tasteless and politically incorrect” and would be regarded as a “hate crime”."

A conservative option is to just stick with Sword and Spear and code R2TW. This is fine.

Or maybe something on the lines of Renaissance: Total War. After the vast darkness and emptiness of the Middle Ages (sorry to all those who like it, but it's called the "Dark Ages" for a reason ) we would finally see a bit of culture emerging. And interesting wars too, with pike and musket arranged in tercios.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

cudakite's Avatar Centenarius

CLICKY

As a fan of the classical era and a bit of a Roman history buff - let me say that Rome Total 2 (I played RTW:BI, and Rome Total Realism to death) if that article is correct is a horrible choice.

The vast difference between the MTW I and MTW II engines made a sequel very palatible, and MTW II is an excellent game. RTW is much closer to the current MTW 2II engine than MTW I was to RTW though,, unless there is a drastic difference I would be very disappointed to see a RTW II so soon. There are so many interesting eras of warfare to touch upon,,,.

I suppose we could look forward to MTW III then after RTW II.

Wait and see though,,,wait and see.
    Last edited by Gabriel A; July 30, 2007 at 03:46 PM.

Is there really enough interest from the masses in a Napoleonic era game? I could be wrong but I always that pre gunpowder age's were more popular amongst more casual TW gamers, assuming that is correct i doubt that CA will bother making a game set in that era as it just wouldn't sell as well.
    Also any deviation from the sword and spear style may well alienate a large portion of TW's fan base. I for one would not even consider buying it, and truthfully i don't know anyone who would.
    I am hoping that the rumour's about Rome 2 are right and that this time CA will do it justice.

after MTW2 hasn't been such an sucess like RTW I'm quite sure that the next TW game will be RTW2, but I am still hoping that its gonna be Napoleonic TW or an ancient greece/persia TW

Am I the only one hoping for a World War II Total War?

I think this would be fantastic, and would give the strategic map more meaning because terrain was such a huge factor. Imagine controlling the Russian army on the eastern front or the American invasion of Normandy, picking your battles and then fighting them out. There's no WW2 RTS that does this right now.

I agree that there isn't enough of a crowd for Napoleonic TW. Unfortunately it's an era that gets over looked by wargamers but it is arguably one of the most interesting eras for wargaming.

If they do R2TW I would like to see htme expand farther into the east and cover a greater time period to include the Persian and Indian empires. Kind of like the expansions all in one.

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

An African one with those kingdoms would be nice, or one for America...or a Chinese one, they fought each other enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Is there really enough interest from the masses in a Napoleonic era game? I could be wrong but I always that pre gunpowder age's were more popular amongst more casual TW gamers, assuming that is correct i doubt that CA will bother making a game set in that era as it just wouldn't sell as well.
    Also any deviation from the sword and spear style may well alienate a large portion of TW's fan base. I for one would not even consider buying it, and truthfully i don't know anyone who would.
    I am hoping that the rumour's about Rome 2 are right and that this time CA will do it justice.
    Considering how Napoleon still had cavalry with swords and basically a rifle is used as a club or turns into a spear via bayonet in close-combat...

Best of both worlds

They pick off where M2TW left off, and play that date until Napoleons second downfall.

Also, Napoleon would be perfect to implement naval battles with cannons, and attrition(nappy's march to russia anyone?)

Napoleonic Total War is a gold mine waiting to be hit.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

i've been searching the web for registered trademarks for a bit of insight and found these titles.

EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR
    F-22 TOTAL WAR or F22 TOTAL AIR WAR
    LEGEND OF THE SPARTAN: TOTAL WAR
    LEGEND: TOTAL WAR

all registered to CA all are obviously serious possibilities.

i am not happy that Napoleonic Total War is missing...

r2tw I heard that CA plan it

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Where?