Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Practice Amongst Animals

Default Re: Sexual Practice Amongst Animals

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin View Post

Again, this is why god has given us self restraint and intellect. To differentiate us from animals.

Salaam bros and sistas,
    Adnan
    Again what was the purpose of that act intercourse? If not reproduction then how can you say the purpose of sex is recreation.

You must accept that it is merely one purpose.

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Animals do use sexual behavior as a means to show others their higher standing among the herd. That is why more than often there are also homosexual behaviour with animals.

I'm not against homosexuals or anything like that but one could argue that animals are animals and that cind of behaviour belongs to them and humanbeing as a higher species shoud not do so.
    In anycase the argument: animals do it so why can't we? Is not wery good argument.

Defending sexual differences should come from different sourses. Like humanity.
    I'm talking about for example every humans right to have sex as a basick need and that does not include pervetities.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Well, I have slept with my wife for reasons other than for reproduction

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Rochester View Post
    Again what was the purpose of that act intercourse? If not reproduction then how can you say the purpose of sex is recreation.

You must accept that it is merely one purpose.
    Recreation? You mean for enjoyment and pleasure correct? If this is the case then I turn to a quote from Imam Ali(pbuh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imam Ali(pbuh)
    Inability is a disaster; patience is bravery; abstinence is a treasure, self-restraint a shield; and the best companion is submission to Divine Will.
    From this we can gather that one should try, notice try, to abstain from sexual intercourse for pleasure. Self restraint should also be practiced and one should again, try to abstain from sexual intercourse as it should only be meant for reproduction, and not recreation. All this according to religion.

Salaam bros,
    Adnan

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

I don't understand why a God would give us pleasure from sex if we are only to use it within marriage. It seems like it would be a much wiser decision to make humans act much like dogs and other mammals do. They primarily have sex only when the female is fertile, and thus can procreate. You would think if homosexuality was unhealthy, that people would be scared or wouldn't be happy from performing said acts.

However, if homosexuality and heterosexuality is biological, and not a choice, then is it really sinful/forbidden? I am not a homosexual, but many animals are, including humans. I have little reason to believe any of the animals I've mentioned in my original post chose to practice homosexuality "just because". It would make much more sense that it was a gene they inherited that makes pheromones from men more attractive. I could have posted about the sea horses, and how they're exceedingly flamboiyant and gay.

"Seahorses, long upheld as monogamous and mating for life, are identified as "promiscuous, flightly, and more than a little bit gay," according to research published in 2007 TIME Magazine says

Out of 3168 sexual encounters recorded, 37% of the acts were same-sex. Bisexuality was widespread and considered "both a great surprise and shock" by the scientist observers. 1986 sexual encounters were male-female, 836 female-female, 346 were male-male.

Why are humans supposed to abstain from homosexuality and sexual perversions when other species of the same evolutionary family (hominids) have a mind-numbing amount of sexual encounters? Why can't we use our intelligence to make us happy? If a human is happy having sex with both females and males, how is that harmful to the purpose for which sex was made? It's not like a penis will fall off after it enters a male anus, or that the uterus will implode from a woman having sex with another woman. If the species is about to die out and you have one homosexual male and one homosexual female, I'm sure they'd have sex in order to save the species. I don't think we as humans should be given so little faith that we will damn ourselves for coupling with another of the same sex. We won't go blind from homosexual acts as we would, as a species, reproduce if our numbers fell to dangerous lows.

From this we can gather that one should try, notice try, to abstain from sexual intercourse for pleasure.
    It says abstinence. Which clearly means no sex at all. I don't see anything in there about sex only being for reproduction.

And if it did say something about sex only being for reproduction that is inane because it is merely ignorant of reality.

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

This goes again to the age when bible whas greated. When the bible whas greated many things where altered from the original texts based on what the current church tought to be sin. Now that again whas based basically on what all the people outside the church did. After that the bible has been alterd again and again based on the same thing.

Forexample Romans had orgias where it whas common for men to have sex with men too besides the women. In those days Romans where baaad baad people so orgias and everything related to them where considered sin. Even the Roman god of pleasure whas made to be the picture of Devil.
    (I'm not sure what the status of the two horned guy with the tail and horsfeet whas in Roman culture. God, spirit, angel, messenger, just an image of the sexual pleasure?)
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

kev-o's Avatar Primicerius

Sex is for procreation. Thus homosexuality is a flaw in biology. It has no purpose, it is a chemical imbalence of the brain.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    (I'm not sure what the status of the two horned guy with the tail and horsfeet whas in Roman culture. God, spirit, angel, messenger, just an image of the sexual pleasure?)
    This is a "favn " or a "satire " -gods of fields and forests who were living free of civilisation enjoying what behaviour they liked . I do not know why they were chosen to depict the devil,but they were not as well that immoral as others .

Anyway,Kasemacher,nobody stops you to be happy . Even religion has made so much compromises that you can freely be gay and religious -confess,absolve and so on .
    The question should be more rather -WHAT CAN MEN FIND IN MEN ? And I will not agree it is mere sex .Most of them are attracted by beauty . Perhaps they mistake an inherent image of sexuality for a similar one . I mean a certain beauty misleads the brain to detect a same sex body as the one that is typical .And when he starts thinking-wait ,this is a man and there can be nothing-it is too late bacause the chemical reaction is already going and he is in love . Besides love is not only chemicals even more it is spiritual . And once in love he says -I can not (for obvious reasons) get rid of this -so let's take use of the situation to get some pleasure .And at this moment he becomes what is known as gay .

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I'm not against homosexuals or anything like that but one could argue that animals are animals and that cind of behaviour belongs to them and humanbeing as a higher species shoud not do so.
    Define higher being.... naked apes with baseball caps and automatic weapons? (to loosely quote george Carlim)
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by kev-o View Post
    Sex is for procreation. Thus homosexuality is a flaw in biology. It has no purpose, it is a chemical imbalence of the brain.
    Kev, let's, for the sake of argument, say that you are right. Homosexuality is caused by some sort of chemical imbalance. Now, considering how relatively common homosexuality is in humans it would not be outrageous to suggest that there is a genetic component at work.

Now the massive mistake you have made is saying it has no purpose. What if the same thing that makes men homosexual increases fertility in females? And vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Kev, let's, for the sake of argument, say that you are right. Homosexuality is caused by some sort of chemical imbalance. Now, considering how relatively common homosexuality is in humans it would not be outrageous to suggest that there is a genetic component at work.

Depression is a chemical imbalence of the brain. And it is quite common. Genetics could be a factor as well.

What if the same thing that makes men homosexual increases fertility in females? And vice versa?
    What? Explain more.

Depression is a chemical imbalence of the brain. And it is quite common. Genetics could be a factor as well.

What? Explain more.
    Well, it's simple. Homosexuality is relatively common in humans and has been observed with a similiar occurance in other species. Now, were this to serve no purpose or even be counter-productive to the survival and success of a species then it would have simply not have survived in our genetic make-up or the genetic make-up of other species. Yet it has, and with a relatively large proportion of people being homosexual.

Obviously at face value it seems to be a hinderance to the propogation of the species. But there are other factors, utterly open for debate. You have to consider the value of it in social species such as primates or if it increases the fertility of the opposite sex rather than causing homosexuality.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../13/wgay13.xml

All humans begin as female in the womb. At a certain developmental stage the foetus may or may not receive a burst of testosterone from the mother. If this occurs the clitoris and ovaries extend outward from the body and become penile glans and testicles respectively. Sometimes things do not work perfectly and you can end up with hermaphrodites etc., with vaginas and penises or whatever. There are shades of grey in every natural developmental event. The physical component to homosexuality to me is that the brain is more female than what is generally considered a male brain, even though the body may appear male outwardly.

Ever heard of the soldier who shocked his mates by saying "I am a woman inside"? When he went for the sex-change, they found a non-functional uterus inside the man. How would he know it was there? He wouldn't. How did he know he felt like a woman? His brain.

Studies have shown that gay men's brains share structural similarities to the brains of females.

It is easy for a heterosexual religious nutter (who has never had sex) to proclaim that homosexuals must be "restrained". And yet he, in his heterosexuality, can indulge. It is equivalent to telling a heterosexual male virgin that he must be celibate for the rest of his life, even though he hurts nobody by expressing his affection for his loved one in this private manner.

The variables in nature, if you believe in God, are God-created. Differences in human physical appearance, stature, personality, demeanour, mood, tendency, psychology and sexuality are all a part of this world, and there for a reason. Not for bigots to smother, but for the humane ones to respect and celebrate. We are not talking crime here. We are talking private, personal preference.

How rude to think otherwise. How inhumane. How unmerciful. How ungodly. How arrogant. How medieval. How ridiculous. How stupid. How deserving of utter destruction are such attitudes.

In fact how dare anybody on this earth tell another what they can do or should do with a consenting beloved partner in the privacy of their own home, (especially if they are married). The arrogance is beyond belief.

May I also suggest that it is completely inconsistent with human rights legislation, philosophy, logic, understanding, and more consistent with Saudi and Talibani medieval intolerant dogmas.
    Last edited by boofhead; August 01, 2007 at 06:08 AM.

@ Ferrets

That is the most absurd claim I have heared about homosexuality.

Aside the fact that gays choose to be gay, was stupid as well.

kev-o, are you gay? If not, how would you know how they choose to be gay.

Now who sounds absurd?

Penguins can raise chicks.

Two homosexual Black Swans defend the nest better than two heterosexual swans.

Male lions often lead their social groups jointly with one or more of their brothers. To ensure loyalty, the male co-leaders will "strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other."

Janet Mann, a professor of biology and psychology at Georgetown University, argues that the common same-sex behavior among male dolphin calves is about bond formation and benefits the species evolutionarily. They cite studies that have shown the dolphins later in life are bisexual and the male bonds forged from homosexuality work for protection as well as locating females to reproduce with.

If it is a defect, it isn't a harmful one. Heterosexuality might be the dominant trait in humans, but so is hexadactyly -- having six fingers. Does that mean having five fingers is a mutation and we should shun the five-fingered people?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And I never said gays choose to be gay.

I said that was a stupid assumption.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And I never said gays choose to be gay.

I said that was a stupid assumption.
    And it would be. Most behavioural tendencies have a genetic predisposition and an experiential trigger.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were using it as a comparison. Anyway, what makes it a flaw in biology? It has proven to be beneficial to many species, and I don't think it should be considered wrong for humans to engage in it as long as they are happy.

EDIT: What do you guys think about animals and :wub:? I know many consider it to be a dirty act, or sinful. Is it sinful for an ape to :wub: while thinking of a sexual experience? Do they get let off the hook because they have a small amount of different chromosomes? Orangutans with dildos seem to be somewhat deviant to me, if we're speaking about religion.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; August 01, 2007 at 06:43 AM.

Sex is for procreation. That is what it is intended for. A guy and a guy doesn't equal baby. A woman and a woman doesn't equal baby.

And to say two gay men or gay women living together can raise a child is rediculous. How is the child supposed to get the best of both parents, when he is missing a motherly mom, or a fatherly dad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast