Thread: deleting the line between carthage and egypt

Default deleting the line between carthage and egypt

Hey I installed this option which keeps me and egypt from fighting each other. Is there a way I can get rid of this? I really want to invade egypt I need to boost my economy and egypt is wealthy but has weak armies.

Default Re: deleting the line between carthage and egypt

In that case just use your navy to pass around the line.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

You can't without a completely new map file AFAIK; some other mods have optional land-blocks, which are basically different complete map files - they aren't done in sections.

hey hey what s this line between carthage and the ptolemies? i have dowloaded RS BASE,then installed PATCH10 and the two hotfix,and i ve never seen nothing like that...

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

its just a series of low mountains on the campaign map to stop the annoying carthage ptolemy desert wars that waste time and resources for both factions when being played by the AI, cos they see the border they instinctively try and invade which is a waste of time.

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

hey...my is open with carthage and ptolemy ..because fun!! ..lol

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxon7 View Post
    hey...my is open with carthage and ptolemy ..because fun!! ..lol

how did you do that dude?

Yeah I could just pass my Navy around it. I really have no one else to fight. I killed the iberians(Great battles) and destroyed the nation on sicily. Now I have my allies the gauls to the north and they are my allies and I dont want to attack them there land is rubbish and not worth my time. I have Rome but they are not bothering me and I dont want to do a amp assault I want to march to there lands and do battles.

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

gaul is actually extremely fertile land, augustus made it one of his major priorities when consolidating his power that he was dealt out the control of three gallic provinces, and he set about consolidating and protecting them (i.e the elbe river border plan). Together, the three gallic provinces brought in as much money in surplus crops and other goods (slaves, items etc) as did the entire province of Aegyptus. so you cant say gaul's land is rubbish and not worth it. one of the main reasons caesar decided to take it was because of its fertility and resources.

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I should probably clear something up, the checkbox in the installer that talks about borders, has nothing to do with seperating Carthage and Egypt. That option in the installer simply effects whether or not you see region borders on your mini-map.

As has been noted you can ferry troops around the land block if you desire to attack the Ptolomies.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    how did you do that dude?
    read readme in pack how you can open this line open..

link here:

http://files.filefront.com/RSopen7z/.../fileinfo.html

1.delete all map.rwm.
    2.map.rwm and replacer map_ground_types (yes overwrite) in (your):\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    3.PLAY!!!

if not...so all map.rwm delete and all replacer map_ground_types(yes overwrite)..ok

PS:save this map_ground_types before replacer..if you will have this back again!
    Last edited by Baxon7; July 31, 2007 at 02:05 PM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

awesome dude, ill be definatly dgoin that i really want to see carthage against the poltomic's.

is that compatable with the new map btw?
    Last edited by Origin_Unknown; July 31, 2007 at 02:51 PM.

Yeah I could just pass my Navy around it. I really have no one else to fight. I killed the iberians(Great battles) and destroyed the nation on sicily. Now I have my allies the gauls to the north and they are my allies and I dont want to attack them there land is rubbish and not worth my time. I have Rome but they are not bothering me and I dont want to do a amp assault I want to march to there lands and do battles.
    Dude, what kind of Carthaginian are you?!? YOU MUST DESTROY ROME!!! IT IS YOUR ANCIENT ENEMY!

And anyways, the longer you wait, the stronger they'll become...

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Dude, what kind of Carthaginian are you?!? YOU MUST DESTROY ROME!!! IT IS YOUR ANCIENT ENEMY!

And anyways, the longer you wait, the stronger they'll become...
    YES!!!!And take care if you attack egypt..will you meet BIG military of selecid empire ....selecid quick destroyer parthia and egypt!!.. but a troop of elefant will stop selecid

Carthago vs War-manchine Rome and overpower Selecid empire... ..so LUUUUUCK TO
    with (hotfix114)
    Last edited by Baxon7; July 31, 2007 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxon7 View Post
    YES!!!!And take care if you attack egypt..will you meet BIG military of selecid empire ....selecid quick destroyer parthia and egypt!!.. but a troop of elefant will stop selecid

Carthago vs War-manchine Rome and overpower Selecid empire... ..so LUUUUUCK TO
    with (hotfix114)
    I am going to attack rome after all.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Remember also, that landblocks are always put in for a reason - it is so that the AI factions do not blitz and dominate the map too quickly in your campaign. It happens - you end up fighting the one faction that dominates half the world for 3/4 of your game - gets boring, and frankly sucks. It is a balancing implementation - so just keep this in mind

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The landblock had a number of good reasons for being added.

1. Egypt and Carthage never warred with each other.
    2. Egypt WAS at war constantly with Seleucid.
    3. Carthage was a 'naval power', so it would be nonsense to have them marching troops across the desert to invade anyone.
    4. Carthage has a hard enough time with Syracuse and Iberia, let alone adding Egypt to the mix.

In RS2, there will be a 'land-bridge' at Gibralter to help Carthage perform better against the enemies they really fought...the Spanish tribes and Rome.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

The Gibralter land-bridge is a very good idea! Salute!

I also thought that Carthage fighting Egypt is kinda unrealistic and unhistoric.. But I never checked it either

The Gibralter land-bridge is a very good idea! Salute!

I also thought that Carthage fighting Egypt is kinda unrealistic and unhistoric.. But I never checked it anyway