Thread: How can a mod about the most brilliant ancient general NOT exist?

Default How can a mod about the most brilliant ancient general NOT exist?

Hey MA team,

How can I help?

I can research for you. Besides I'm Greek!

DO NOT let this mod die!

hellas1

Default Re: How can a mod about the most brilliant ancient general NOT exist?

Being greek dont mean nothing Alexander was Macedonian teknickly he was a Barbarian.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Of course not, Alexander in his own words declared that he was Greek.

Macedonians at the time thought they were Greeks thought he was a barbarian I on the other hand think he was the greatest man to ever live other than jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos View Post
    Of course not, Alexander in his own words declared that he was Greek.
    So if I declare myself a Roman, does it make me so? :hmmm:

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

yes
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Lol lets stop spamming this place it makes it look like Attila was through here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta1233 View Post
    Being greek dont mean nothing Alexander was Macedonian teknickly he was a Barbarian.
    Macedonians where "northern" Greeks at the time, modern Macedonians might be called barbarians by Ancient Greeks because they aren't the real Macedonians (they are Slavs) but Ancient Macedonians considered themselves as Greek, spoke Greek and worshiped Greek Gods and sought to unite Greece and not conquer it as a non-Greek would do.

PS. Long live Greece !
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; November 23, 2007 at 09:15 AM.

True but the Athenians and the Spartans thought of the macedonians as barbarians(do not quote me heard it on History channel).

macedonians participated in the olympic games where only greeks were allowed. Alexander's father was olympic winner. Wake up!

Only after they conquered greece.

Companion Cavalry's Avatar Ducenarius

Oh no even before Philip conquered Greece were the Makedonians participants in the olympics, read a few books on this time all of them mention this
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil's Sergeant View Post
    Europeans have for centuries been the world's most accomplished racists
    Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Says the American?

Well im in america and americans dont like to read.

Im an american and I like to read sometimes mostly ancient history

Yes thats history, but im one of the dont like to read about it like to live it people.

why do you have an opinion then if you don't know? It's funny how americans want to teach us history. When europeans had civilization americans were at the stone age. No offence

Icon3 Re: How can a mod about the most brilliant ancient general NOT exist?

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgioIII View Post
    why do you have an opinion then if you don't know? It's funny how americans want to teach us history. When europeans had civilization americans were at the stone age. No offence
    :Sigh: Just saying "no offense" doesn't make anything less offensive. The vast majority of Americans today is descendent of Europeans so your argument does not hold much water. Also, although we nowadays think of Indians as hunter-gatherers that lived on the plains, there were several extensive agricultural civilizations in the south of USA when European colonists appeared there. The reason we don't know as much about them is that they were decimated by European diseases before any serious contact was made.

Guys, please keep it on topic.

When europeans had civilization americans were at the stone age.
    But, as Moderator of this board, I'm going to have the last say and say that is utter bullocks. Before you start critisicing Sparta, I'd suggest you learn something about pre-european civilisations in North and South America.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Guys ive been gone a while, and man did I not mean to take this thing off topic.

As soon as this comes out im going to but Alexander and download it.

Thats good to hear.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.