Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110135150151152153154155156157158159160
Results 3,181 to 3,197 of 3197

Thread: 2007-08 NFL Discussion

Default Re: 2007-08 NFL Discussion

It clearly did... or is it just from my angle?
    The ball doesn't touch the ground until he is already down which is a WHILE later, Harrison is under him for at least a few seconds.

At around 36 seconds you see him come down and the ball in both hands comes very close to the turf; but that happens after he has the ball pinned behind his head, by the time he lands on one foot he has both hands on the ball behind his head. Even if the ball DID touch the ground, the possession rule is that it can touch the ground if it is in your position which it clearly is. When he's finally downed by Harrison with his hip on the turf the ball is clearly in his possession. I don't see how it's a fishy catch -- amazing, incredible, unlucky ... not fishy.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

No, Eli would be NFC. As a Brit who only began following the NFL this year, I didn't know Peyton was in the Pro Bowl before (05, was it?)
    I was joking as i know that. Peyton as has been said is always in the pro bowl. I heard none of the pats are going too play so since the Giants only have 1 player going i thought it would be amusing to replace them with the Giants players.

The ball never touched the ground...
    Exactly and even if it had it still would have been good. The Giants earned this victory and deserve every bit of credit for it.
    I have nothing against the womens movement. Especially when Im walking behind it.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

That was a cool video, was like I was at the game. I wonder how all those Pat fans taunting Eli felt...

My British lack of knowledge on the NFL has been revealed. *cowers away*

And with the Pro Bowl, the 2007 NFL Season is alas, officially over. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times -- worst if you're a Pats fan, that is, but for us loyal followers of the Big Blue Wrecking Crew ...

Unpinned.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Sad day indeed, atleast the NFC won twice. Sad times ahead for the next 7 to 8 months... Football season ending is the worst time of the year.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Now commences what I as a multi-sport fan who hates basketball refers to as the 'Dark Times' -- glorious football is over, glorious baseball is only on the horizon, and ****** basketball is all that's here.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

By this point Im already tired of football. I too dislike Basketball in its current form. Spring training will be upon us very soon though.

Im watching a good bit of hockey again to fill in the gap.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

I love basketball, so I am good. I heard Peyton tossed two TDs today.

Manning was pretty good in the Pro Bowl. Anderson was dirt.

And for me, I shall wither into English sports... Cricket... oh...

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I didn't even watch the pro bowl.

I actually forgot about it completely.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I knew it all along...

Roger Goodell has confirmed that Bill Belichek told him that the Patriots have been spying since 2000. I don't even need to explain what this means, needless to say I think that all of the Patriots three championships should be taken away. There is no feasible way to award the championship to someone else, so there would just be no NFL champion for 2001, 2003, and 2004. The Patriots were once a great team, now I see why they were so great. How their teams of mediocre players always beat out teams with much more talent. Bill Belichek should also be banned for life from the NFL, and the Patriots organization fined money for their negligence in having a cheating coach. The NFL has to make an example of the Patriots, are else other teams will think it's no big deal to cheat, and hey, look at what it got the Patriots.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...ince-2000.html
    Last edited by NaptownKnight; February 13, 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Its generally acknowledged that a lot of teams were taping sideline signals. Thats why typically there would be three coaches signaling in the plays on the sideline, with only one coach being the live guy.

Teams have always done this, it's nothing new, the only difference in this case is that Belichick ignored the league in their crackdown of this practice, and left them no choice but to severely punish the Pats with the loss of their other first round draft pick.

If the Pats were only capable of winning while taping the opponents sideline signals, how were they able to go 18 - 0 this season and very nearly win the Super bowl?

Nap, don't get me wrong that I hate the Patriots, but you can't just take three NFL championships away. That's a smack in the face to the rest of the NFL, to the innocent players and coaches, and to the fans. Besides, if just taping signals will turn you into a dynasty, where are all the dynasties?

Finn, if other teams did it then why haven't other teams been punished? Goodell himself has stated there is no proof that other teams do the same things the Patriots have done. I, as an IU fan have accepted the fact that my coach is a cheat, and I want him out, now it's Patriot fans turns. Either way it goes, your coach has CHEATED during every one of the Patriots championship seasons, doesn't that put a big question mark on those seasons?

Justy, like I stated above, other teams don't do it. Other teams have not been punished, and Goodell has stated there is no evidence they do. You can take away those championships, it's the only way the NFL can maintain the integrity of it's game. At the very least, an asterisk should be placed on everything mentioning those championships. Heck, engrave an asterisk into each of those trophies themselves.
    Last edited by NaptownKnight; February 13, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Here's one case of a team that has admitted to taping their opponents, just so happens to be the Jets and the Pats again, but this time with the roles reversed.http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...n_to_tape.html

I wonder were Mangini learned to do that .

Provide me an example that doesn't involve a Patriots coach or a Patriots coach from the Bill Belichek era.