Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, need a quick hand with the 'HOPLITES 2.0' skin pack...

Default Re: Hi, need a quick hand with the 'HOPLITES 2.0' skin pack...

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    I am definitively interested! If KLA doesn't mind, of course
    OK. Bear with me. Looks like I've got me some free time this weekend, so I'll work on shortening some more of those spears. I'll post a link when I'm finished.
    Provideing KLA doesn't say no of course

Update: 29-03-2008

Ok. I haven’t heard from KLA so I’ll take that to mean he doesn’t mind.

So here is a link to the Greek units that I have worked on. All I have done is shorten the sarissa to more represent a doru.

I’m having a bit of a problem with the Prodromoi spear. I’ve shortened it in 3ds max and it looks ok when rendered, but when I export it into RTW the spears are cut off at head level. I have no idea why.

Edit: Never mind. I forgot that the spear is the secondary weapon. I was looking at the primary, the javelins.

To install them you will need to get KLAs original Gold Edition Units pack but use the .cas files that I have worked on.

I have used several of these in my RTRPE Mod but I assume they will work in others as well.

That all for now and keep fighting
    Last edited by bladerunner900; March 29, 2008 at 04:06 PM.

Sorry, bladerunner, your generous contribution had gone unnoticed to me. + Rep for you!

i've been in contact with KLA, he says that when he gets some spare time he'll look into shortening the spear model lengths up for everyone to actually represent the units of the time period. if he sends me any more info i'll forward it to you guys...

Um! I've already done it with KLAs blessing. And you can get them here.

It's up to you

Icon9 Re: Hi, need a quick hand with the 'HOPLITES 2.0' skin pack...

sorry bladrunner i dont mean to sound like I have an attitude problem, but i'm looking for compatibility with the Hoplites 2.0 skins as it says in this post that I started... not "KLA UNITS Gold Edition", I've actually never heard of that...

It seems you have some of what is in the hoplites 2.0... but not the ones I actually intend to use in my game... The actual "athenian hoplite" included in hoplites 2.0 is the only descent looking athenian skin in my opinion... the "Athenian Late Hoplite" and the "Athenian Peleponesian War Hoplite" aren't the best of designs in my opinion. You're also missing the Bactrian Hoplite who i use, and the Etruscan Hoplits, and the Italian Hoplite, and the king leonidas hoplite, and the Macedonian Hypaspist... Basically entailing alot of units I particularly care for that are not in your package... As your package pertains to "KLA UNITES Gold Edition"... this post pertains to Hoplites 2.0

Not a problem m8

The Hoplites 2.0 and Gold Edition look the same to me. But I'll have a look at the ones you mentioned when I get access to my computer again next week, as I'm not at home at the moment.

I did not do the Macedonians as I prefer to use them with the 'sarissa'. But they should be no problem.

Olso. KLAs Gold packcan be found in this thread

can someone explain me how to add king leonidas(hoplites 2.0) to RTR, i have installed it like the other units but now i got the message "attributes field missing" i checked this but i DO have an attributes field for my unit king leonidas.

plz someone tell me how to fix this error and explain me how to install king leonidas

Here you go Mezmerizer. I got home early so I did all the ones in the HOPLITE 2.0 pack and uploaded them here.

Well, that’s not entirely true. Some of them already had a short spear so I didn’t have to do them.

If I’ve missed any let me know and I will certainly sort them out for you.

Have fun.

Sorry Rick. I've only just noticed your post.

If you download KLA' s Skins - Gold Edition: found here...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1864

there is an excellent tutorial included on how to install them written by florin that you should find very useful

Icon14 Re: Hi, need a quick hand with the 'HOPLITES 2.0' skin pack...

sweet blade, thanks a tonnnn... makes the my rometw gaming 10x as fun now

I will release 'Hoplites 2.1 Pack' (models with short pikes) in lat May or early June. Now I'm very busy in making beta of EW.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    I will release 'Hoplites 2.1 Pack' (models with short pikes) in lat May or early June. Now I'm very busy in making beta of EW.
    Look here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1992

Blade_Runner release KLA Hoplites 2.0 wth short pikes!

Damn! I've been having trouble with my computer.

Anyway

Antiochus is right. You can get them from here...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1992

OR. You could get them from my site here... along with some other stuff I've been messing with....

http://www.bladerunner900.co.uk/misc.php

Thats all for now
    Last edited by bladerunner900; September 03, 2008 at 05:29 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Good Job.
    I think that KLA will be happy when he will see this, bladerunner900

Thank You for adding short pikes to my ''HOPLITES 2.0'' and release as version 2.1

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2002

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    Thank You for adding short pikes to my ''HOPLITES 2.0'' and release as version 2.1

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2002

Not a problem.

Just glad to be of help.

I'm looking forward to v3.0

Download a mod like Roma Surrectum where new units are added such as Hoplites of Rhodes, Athenians etc. all which have short spears. Then import the skins. That is what I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12