Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: S.P.Q.R on My hopefully upcoming Rig?

Default Re: S.P.Q.R on My hopefully upcoming Rig?

it is supposed to be an ultimate gaming rig, and he said his dad has the money

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Hope he bought it already I need competition with for my new PC
    Nope. I need to convince my dad to buy it, but the problem is he's never spent more than 900+ on a computer before, especially one that's going to be built by me...

See my sig on how you can help me get this.

PS. Anyone know how Medieval II will run on this?

Believe me mate, the computer you are getting is by any means NOT ultimate. We gonna use almost similar components (mines are abit more powerful-not to show off guys but to explain my point) and believe me my pc is NOT that great compared to what my friends have.

EDIT: Oh and forgot to add, if i could go back, instead of choosing a 8800 gts 612mb i would have taken a Radeon 3870.

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian I View Post
    Believe me mate, the computer you are getting is by any means NOT ultimate. We gonna use almost similar components (mines are abit more powerful-not to show off guys but to explain my point) and believe me my pc is NOT that great compared to what my friends have.

EDIT: Oh and forgot to add, if i could go back, instead of choosing a 8800 gts 612mb i would have taken a Radeon 3870.
    lol
    IT nerds? kidding
    I just spent like 10k my money to buy some new components and im very pleased to have good running PC, but tell me, what is the point for me (player of like Warcraft II, Diablo I, Starcraft, RTW...etc) to have Quad Core, 8gb Ram and like 2 graphic cards? I could have bought that lol, but what for? I kept me alive with Geforce 4Ti for 7 years!

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian I View Post

I never said it was "ultimate," that's what other people are saying. The reason the rig is good is because it is very cheap bit offers a lot. The 8800 GTS 512 Version is a little stronger than a stocked clock 9800, and it's only 250$.

An ultimate rig would contain a 790i MOBO, 3 GX2's/Ultras in SLI, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, An intel quad Core, 1TB hard drives in RAID, and a whole bunch of other stuff...
    Last edited by Roman Clone; May 18, 2008 at 06:53 AM.

And what would you do with it?

Roman Rebel
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

The Ultimate rig I was joking about or my real new Rig?

The New rig I am getting will be used to play...

S.P.Q.R
    Medievall II
    Assassin's Creed
    Crysis
    Call of Duty 4
    Maybe Company of Heroes

RC know what I am actually trying to make old PC of my ex-girl working, its P200 32mb ram and that kind of stuff. Know why? I play old games alot, even older then me all new games are great, but in RTS, nothing can ever beat Dune II!! and so on

Roman Rebel
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Graphics never matter, but it's nice to have eyecandy Does anyone know how Medievall II will run on this?

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    And what would you do with it?
    Believe me there are other games than Rome, warcraft, starcraft,etc... that demands those kind of components. I for example play more new games than old ones, because i'm a graphics guy.

Graphics never matter, but it's nice to have eyecandy Does anyone know how Medievall II will run on this?
    depends what kind of graphics you gonna put. I only play MIITW on highest possible and i use nhancer software to max anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. So for me it runs so so.

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

Ive just bought a new machine from a Ebay power seller and might install SPQR again if someone can confirm it runs on Vista 64bit?

The specs are;

Intel Q6600 2.4
    8600GT 1GB XpertVision
    Samsung 500GB Sata
    Geil Dragon 8GB DDR2

Cost me about £520

I know the GFX isnt the best but as its SLI i could always buy another one i think.

I struggled to play with 3000 men on my current machine, how many do you think i could run on the new one?

Quote Originally Posted by spiers View Post
    Ive just bought a new machine from a Ebay power seller and might install SPQR again if someone can confirm it runs on Vista 64bit?

The specs are;

Intel Q6600 2.4
    8600GT 1GB XpertVision
    Samsung 500GB Sata
    Geil Dragon 8GB DDR2

Cost me about £520

I know the GFX isnt the best but as its SLI i could always buy another one i think.

I struggled to play with 3000 men on my current machine, how many do you think i could run on the new one?

8600 GT is usually plenty, but don't bother SLI'ing it, RTW can't use SLI. Save the money for a better graphics card.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234