Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World: More racist people than non-racists?

Originally posted by Perkele@Apr 17 2005, 01:19 PM
    Again, that is not racism.
    You have your own definition of racism as I do mine. Just as people have different ideas of what equality, freedom, and liberty really mean to them. Oh well, hopefully we see more good debate here.

Generally, I can see racism in a few different ways. Some use it to justify atrocities and oppression. Others use it to extort and place guilt. Either way, racism, especially in America, has basically divided the public into the progeny of the oppressed and the progeny of the oppressor. It is divisive and un-American.

You seem to think that only people who are not racist are blind.

Just because I notice that someone is different from me(for example different skin color) does not mean I have suddenly became racist.

Libertus

Racist
    Adjective

1. Based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks".

2. Discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion.
    Noun

1. A person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

---

Discriminatory
    Adjective

1. Being biased or having a belief or attitude formed beforehand; "a prejudiced judge".

2. Containing or implying a slight or showing prejudice; "discriminatory attitudes and practices"; "invidious comparisons".

---

You don't have to think that your race is superior or anything. All you need to do is like my parents do: they're totally tolerant of different races etc, and they even have a "friend family" which is black. Still it can be clearly seen that they sort of "favor" blacks by e.g. complimenting the abilities of black actors more easily, which actually is an insult against their intelligence/potential/abilities, even if not intended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12