Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Hubble's Deepest View of the Universe Unveils Bewildering Galaxies across Billions of Years"

Default Re: "Hubble's Deepest View of the Universe Unveils Bewildering Galaxies across Billions of Years"

Amazing.... and some say there is more than that!

“Today, the general will of all nations is calling for fundamental change... The prerequisite to this change is a change in goals, intentions, and directions. If tyrannical goals are repackaged in an attractive and deceptive package and imposed on nations again, the people, awakened, will stand up against them.”
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Truth is treason in the Empire of Lies.
    Ron Paul

Default Re: "Hubble's Deepest View of the Universe Unveils Bewildering Galaxies across Billions of Years"

Quote Originally Posted by Twfan55 View Post
    Amazing.... and some say there is more than that!
    To put this in perspective, go find a dime. Now step outside and hold the dime at arms length against the night sky. That's how much of the sky is captured in that photo.
    There are no pacts between Lions and Men

Quote Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
    To put this in perspective, go find a dime. Now step outside and hold the dime at arms length against the night sky. That's how much of the sky is captured in that photo.
    Neat, I wonder If they plan to take any more pictures like this

simply beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine The Great View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how big the universe is....
    Back when I took astronomy the farthest known galaxy was 14 billion light years away. Admittedly that assumes we're on the extreme edge of the universe here, which is somewhat disbelievable, but it gives you a minimum number.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Some of the wisest words Gort has ever heard from a human. His name was Douglas Adams, Gort spared him from vapourisation.
    Gort doesn't need a puny signature!

Wow that's just... breathtaking...

it makes me feel so insignificant now, - just think, our Earth isn't even 1 pixel of that image... probably less than half of one D: -

there has to be other life out there now, it just can't be possible that we are the only ones! - In our galaxy alone there has to be at one case of other life somewhere, multiply that by all of them galaxies and...

well hopefully they are looking for us also

Still... inspiring - and to think we'll probably never know in our lifetimes what is truly out there..

Well - thank god for re-incarnation I guess xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless Commandant View Post
    Wow that's just... breathtaking...

it makes me feel so insignificant now, - just think, our Earth isn't even 1 pixel of that image... probably less than half of one D: -
    Speaking of hitchhiker's guide references...that's how they execute criminals in that series. They put you in a machine that shows you the entire...ENTIRE...universe and points to you. You're a micrscopic dot on a microscopic dot. You can't help but feel useless and die immediately of depression.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Dear Lord... how can some people can still say, with all those millions of galaxies and billions of stars and trillions of planets, that Earth is only life-bearing planet. There are enormous odds against that. I just can't imagine, with so many galaxies, knowing how large the Milky Way is, that we are alone.
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

I think there will be space battles lol. Like navel battles of the 17th, 18th century Think of master and commander, but in space

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Nicholas View Post
    I think there will be space battles lol. Like navel battles of the 17th, 18th century Think of master and commander, but in space
    Way too 2-dimensional. You want Homeworld dude.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Way too 2-dimensional. You want Homeworld dude.
    Get out. Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234