Thread: campaign with non rome faction

Default campaign with non rome faction

Hi
    Can i play a non rome faction in SPQR and get a good campaign, or is it just a timewaste?
    For example greek on VH/VH..will it be a nice campaign or is SPQR campaign just too unbalanced for a none Rome faction?

Thx

Default Re: campaign with non rome faction

You can play other faction but SPQR is designed to be played as Rome, M/M setting.

If you are after playing another faction then play RS, which is better for that purpose.

Sulla

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Yes indeed it will be to easy if you start a campaign with an other faction because thy get way to many bonuses, this has been done to get a challenge with the Romans.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

this seems to be quite a common question is there any way of someone making a add-on for the files section that would, if not create as balanced a game as LTs version, at least be playable

i'd give it a go myself but my mod skills aren't up to the task

what would be the main things that need changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Yes indeed it will be to easy if you start a campaign with an other faction because thy get way to many bonuses, this has been done to get a challenge with the Romans.
    So all faction exept Rome gets bonuses,why is then ,for example..playing greeks on vh/vh too easy?
    If i dont use the script they get no bonus at all?.so they should be equile..or not?...sry help me to understand

Even if you play it at VH/VH as a different faction, you will still have huge public order bonuses, big starting treasury, lots of armies right from start, and you can pretty much decide when and where you want to fight your wars. It's very easy, but it doesn't mean it isn't fun. When I feel like I need to clear my head after a few turns in my Roman campaign, i switch and play a turn or two on my Eqyptian campaign for something different.

The script won' t work with them, it is only for the Romans. Other factions get bonuses in temples and blacksmith thy get these bonuses to make it harder for the Roman players. I suggest you chose a different mod to play as an other faction. If you want a challenge with Romans this mod will be perfect for you.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
    So all faction exept Rome gets bonuses,why is then ,for example..playing greeks on vh/vh too easy?
    If i dont use the script they get no bonus at all?.so they should be equile..or not?...sry help me to understand
    Yes playing as the greeks with this mod even on VH/VH is too easy ,its possible to make spartans just 3-4 turns into the game I think and they have big bonuses such as being immune to routing and a few others.Basically you can destroy any army with only a few units of them.

Where is the challenge in that?
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Sometimes, there is value in doing something obscenely fun and obscenely unchallenging. Like, say, obliterating a stack or two of enemies with a few hundred Spartan Hoplites. It's not long-term entertainment, but boy, can it be rewarding.

i like this mod SPQR Rocks!

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

but its just pure fun when using other factions too hehe i use sparta when im exhausted fighting brbarians
    Last edited by Finch; March 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Been playing spqr for a few yrs now. Ive modded the game to play as other factions when ive finished my roman campaign, done this for 6.1, when i finish ill do a version for 6.4. Have posted over the yr's with no interest from other players, links below.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...roman+campaign
    http://http://www.twcenter.net/forum...roman+campaign

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

how about for the latest version
    Last edited by Finch; March 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM.

lol, aint finished the roman campaign yet! 6.4 much tougher than 6.1

Yes v 7 is much tougher than 6.4.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator