Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Bug thread

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Bug thread

Historically, you are right. For gameplay I think 60 is good. Do to it right, you'd have many more births from girls 12-13 years old instead of 15. In some cultures in that time period, a single 15 year old female was already considered an old maid. 60 is good just to keep the population growing.

Laetus

Hey irish mod is workin fine a lil slow at times but its wat better. I did what you told me and cleaned my graphics card and my computer with a duster and its moving smoothly. One question tho I want to be able to train more than soilder in the Recruitment in the "Units available for hire" slot its one I would like to put it back to 3 so the the rest of the factions can gain more troops more quickly to amp the game up ya know. I come to the battle field deep and my enemy has a mere 10 units ya know lol thanks alot.

You can change the recruitment slot number in the export_desr_buildings.txt core buildings.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Historically, you are right. For gameplay I think 60 is good. Do to it right, you'd have many more births from girls 12-13 years old instead of 15. In some cultures in that time period, a single 15 year old female was already considered an old maid. 60 is good just to keep the population growing.
    Historically, there should be some sort of regency so that the son of the heir become king one day. However, that system was never implemented, so I'd say an age of 65 is not unrealistic at all considering that most of the kings start with an age like 45. Barely enough time for the heir to have a son and this only if they marry in the first few turns.

Quote Originally Posted by REDrake View Post
    Historically, there should be some sort of regency so that the son of the heir become king one day. However, that system was never implemented, so I'd say an age of 65 is not unrealistic at all considering that most of the kings start with an age like 45. Barely enough time for the heir to have a son and this only if they marry in the first few turns.
    Historically, you're right. The way this game goes, you will always have an heir as long you own the region he's in even if only one turn old. In one capmaign, the king lived to a ripe old age of which made it rough on anyone else to move up. Anyway he finally dies. He had his eldest son so young, a few turns later he died. He had his son so late in life that they had minor family members as king until he hit 16 and could be king. It was a geneological mess when you looked at the family tree.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

A way to have some sort of regency is to have one general as heir until such time as the king's son hits 16. Afterwards, the temporary heir can be killed. This is problematic if that general is a really good one, but in some factions it can be really good. France for example, if the heir doesn't have any 16 years sons, the new heir is the husband of his sister, which can cause that annoying tree removed bug if he is a general from another faction (I usually get for that princess the closest general, Robert of Normandy).
    And of course, adoptions. Those should never be accepted when it comes to heir.

Anyway, I'm back and I'll resume playing starting this evening.

Believe it or not when you're setting up a starting faction, you have to careful how many children you give the faction leader. As you pointed out with the adoptions and cross-faction marriages it can get hairy. Whe Spurius made the Big Map, he ran into that problem with game crashes. Are you aware if it was ever addressed by CA in Medieval2 or even Kingdoms?

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

I know that the 1.5 patch in Kingdoms says that the tree bug was fixed, but to say the truth, I have no idea if this applies to MTW2 campaign or is only for the added Kingdoms campaigns. I also didn't try to see if it works. I only have Kingdoms for like 3 weeks, so I have yet to finish those campaigns.

I almost never resort to adoption, except for some small cases if I get a man of the hour. I noticed that those generals are usually better than the ones offered at the start of a turn. I also only do it if I play with a faction that historically allowed such adoptions. Byzantines are the most obvious example. Plenty of generals raised from being simple soldiers, some of them even became emperors, like Justinian.