Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Christianity Dying?(hopefully?)

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Is Christianity Dying?(hopefully?)

Quote Originally Posted by dune42 View Post
    yet another pathetic attempt to silence a crtic when you cant handle criticism about christianity?

You described Christianity as:

You then went on to call Christians:

This was followed swiftly by the rather controversial:

Again, you returned to the manners in which Christians live as:

As a wonderful finalé of your open-mindedness on the topic, you then turned to Christian Missionaries in saying:

Wishing death upon a person for doing what both he and many many others think is right? This is hardly a tolerant state of mind.

I do believe at least one member has expressed his distaste at your posts, yet he was ignored and no apology offered
    exactly who did i insult? who in particular? give me some names, TWC lawyer
    criticizing a religion is not against the ToS, perhaps you shoulda been clearon that; if it were, plenty of ppl making anti islam threads woulda been permabanned long ago.
    think about it

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rob View Post
    well, since you're just content with slapping religion with a bunch of false labels and unfair accusations, good bye. You have proven yourself more annoying, arrogant, and ignorant than an evangelical christian wall. Congrats, your'e more bigoted than any fundie I've ever met.
    weak argument
    not content with addressing my claims that christianity is a hate religion, you opt out
    thanks for playing

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    yet another pathetic attempt to silence a crtic when you cant handle criticism about christianity?

exactly who did i insult? who in particular? give me some names, TWC lawyer
    criticizing a religion is not against the ToS, perhaps you shoulda been clearon that; if it were, plenty of ppl making anti islam threads woulda been permabanned long ago.
    think about it
    Criticising a Religion is not against the ToS, I will agree with that and wholeheartedly stand with you on this point. When you start inferring that people are weak-minded "pussies" because of their beliefs, and wish death upon them, then you start to cross the line. I apologise for bringing this particular member back into this discussion which can be described as nothing more than a farce:

Quote Originally Posted by NLegari View Post
    You know, this thread insults me very much. I believe in Christianity, and I highly doubt that it is going to die out anytime soon. Even if you dislike it, even hate it, you should not go and make a thread about how you want it to die off. You don't see me making a thread about how much I hate gays and want them to die off.(I do not hate gays, I am just making an example) If you don't like Christianity than that is OK, but creating a thread about how much you hate it and want it gone is not at all OK.
    (emphasis added)

And before you simply dismiss this as some sort of brain-washed christian propaganda as you seem to so eagerly pin onto any rebuttals, know that I am not a Christian but Agnostic Buddhist. At least apologise to this member if only out of the goodness as a human being.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

At least apologise to this member if only out of the goodness as a human being.
    Hear hear...to quote Jack Nicholson in 'Mars Attacks', why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just...get along?
    Last edited by Lord Tomyris; April 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    7.the absence of or release from ties,
    Are ties anything else but constraints and bonds? See you after the suspension ends.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Ummon View Post
    See you after the suspension ends.
    Amen.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

..... only to be replaced by another religion.

People like to believe in something, like to feel divine, like to be ruled and watched. Christianity or not it's all hopeless!

Of course it's dying! There weas a time when the pope could click his fingers and armies would go to war, a time when anyone said anything against Christianity theywould be killed.

Now it's routinely attacked, and insulted. People are leaveing the Church in droves and everywhere in Europe or North America the 'Non-Religious' percentage is growing tremendously.

Christianity is a sinking ship.

Oh wow he got banned lol

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

This Exarch guy is really something else.
    What a troll

sephodwyrm's Avatar Praefectus

Well, yeah, good job guys, for showing Exarch:
    "What would Yahweh do..."
    Older guy on TWC.
    Done with National Service. NOT patriotic. MORE realist. Just gimme cash.
    Dishing out cheap shots since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by DekuTrash View Post

This Exarch guy is really something else.
    What a troll
    I think I can match his Christianity thing with something about atheism

Atheists tend to suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance. Atheists typically think they are smarter then you no matter what. Just try to correct them on something and prepare to be blasted away with some SERIOUS ING LOGIC! Like furries, many exhibit very serious cases of a persecution complex, believing that Secret Christian Anonymous Terrorists (SCAT) are trying to eradicate them by putting the word "God" in things. A high priest of Atheism discovered last Thursday that should a fellow Atheist hear the "Under God" portion of the Pledge of Allegiance three times within an hour, they will instantly convert to Christianity and then die.

Many atheists generally suffer under the delusion that religion somehow is the cause of all conflict and that it is directly responsible for every war and murder that has ever occurred in history, when in reality it is just a source of major lulz for their more temperate kin. Of course, most atheists fail to realize that, with or without religion, there will always be stupid people in the world who will fervently believe anything they read (The god delusion)

sephodwyrm's Avatar Praefectus

Atheists tend to suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance.
    Exarch isn't an extreme Atheist (that would be me when I'm talking about Greek Gods and Asgard). He's a Taoist. So you sort of missed again.
    Older guy on TWC.
    Done with National Service. NOT patriotic. MORE realist. Just gimme cash.
    Dishing out cheap shots since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by sephodwyrm View Post
    Exarch isn't an extreme Atheist (that would be me when I'm talking about Greek Gods and Asgard). He's a Taoist. So you sort of missed again.
    Mistake on my part sorry

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Come on, guys, the topic is: "Is Christianity dying?"

There's no need for such rants against anyone's beliefs.

Come on, guys, the topic is: "Is Christianity dying?"

There's no need for such rants against anyone's beliefs.
    I think it was just a good ol troll thread so we should stop posting in it before atheist and christian extremists attack and kill us all

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mecharius View Post
    I think I can match his Christianity thing with something about atheism

Atheists tend to suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance. Atheists typically think they are smarter then you no matter what. Just try to correct them on something and prepare to be blasted away with some SERIOUS ING LOGIC! Like furries, many exhibit very serious cases of a persecution complex, believing that Secret Christian Anonymous Terrorists (SCAT) are trying to eradicate them by putting the word "God" in things. A high priest of Atheism discovered last Thursday that should a fellow Atheist hear the "Under God" portion of the Pledge of Allegiance three times within an hour, they will instantly convert to Christianity and then die.

Many atheists generally suffer under the delusion that religion somehow is the cause of all conflict and that it is directly responsible for every war and murder that has ever occurred in history, when in reality it is just a source of major lulz for their more temperate kin. Of course, most atheists fail to realize that, with or without religion, there will always be stupid people in the world who will fervently believe anything they read (The god delusion)
    Well it was a nice try but Exarch's posts were some epic trolling other folks would put forth thought out answers but he just went on a whim. Besides he has a long history of doing this kind of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mecharius View Post
    I think it was just a good ol troll thread so we should stop posting in it before atheist and christian extremists attack and kill us all
    More likely to get atheist extremists here

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by sephodwyrm View Post
    you mean Taoist like that?

Muagan_ra's Avatar Senator

A classic case of believing the hype... sad. Look, there was this dude called Jesus who said that you should love your neighbour, and don't be too quick to pass judgement on others because you will be judged in turn.

That is Christianity; I'm afraid that anyone who honestly disputes the essential goodness of what he taught is kidding themselves, and shooting the message along with the messenger. Almost everything in human culture that is basically good is perverted and destroyed, but that's no reason to cast them aside - why not just get back to basics, instead of becoming a part of the derranged, incestuous dialogue you claim to oppose?
    Last edited by Muagan_ra; April 25, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

it makes me sad that he was suspended. I think there should be a DFT(designated forum troll) that we just have to live with. Builds character.

Muagran, couldn't agree more!