Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Discussion - A Proper Empire v1.3.1

Default Re: Discussion - A Proper Empire v1.3.1

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Indus_Valley - Vulnerability to cannon fire should, as I think that's defined by the horse, not the unit on the horse.

As for naval movement rates I'll actually be comparing a lot of data from Pirates of the Burning Sea; they've got the most accurate naval combat system for sailing that I've seen so far, especially as it relates to specific ships and types of ships!

And I will be rmeoving Yankee Doodle from the play list; keeping the others that are generic enough. When we begin work on faction specific music, we'll add it back in for Britain!
    Yankee Doodle for Britain? USA perhaps?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by DeVries View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Doodle

It's a common misconception that this song is American in origin; it actually came out and became popular in Britain about 20 years before the USA ever existed and was a satirical stab at the Americans!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

If you don't like the firing drills you can simply remove these two tables.

Also, you'll need to remove the technologies tables so that you get the old tech tables and not the new ones!
    I d like to back to vanilla one to,I like fire and advance ,so we could use the file manager to delete those 3 lines,and what exactly tech file is?

The unit ability tables over-write the vanilla ones, so editing the unit ability tables in the pack won't fix it -- it's easiest to simply delete those two (unit to unit abilities and unit to class abilities.)

There is also a technologies and technologies effects tables, both start with "Tech-something." Delete both of those files as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DeVries View Post
    This is a compilation mod in certain stuff ,when appear a more specific faction music mod,they will use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Doodle

It's a common misconception that this song is American in origin; it actually came out and became popular in Britain about 20 years before the USA ever existed and was a satirical stab at the Americans!
    Ouch , I'd stick with British Grenadiers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo
    This is a compilation mod in certain stuff ,when appear a more specific faction music mod,they will use it.
    Yeah i know , i prefer mi custom made music mods though.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Everybody change to A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita?
    Until the next patch or until the team reduce the installation issues.I m still playing this old one version,and I love it.

I remove the mod techs and the mods fire drills , reduce the recruitment time to one turn and keep the rest as it is,I'm in 1717 playing GB and I just have one war theatre ,the Americas,not because I like ,because I don't ,I don like fight against Indians,but because a faction that I never noted theirs existence before.Guess what?

Louisiana ,yes,this faction in vanilla version I never note their position or existence,but now,the madey the France rule,as France accept all my peace propositions and Louisiana don't:

I spent all my resources in fighting with a mix of Indians mercs,French look like Rangers I don't remember their name, and line infantry,I never felt the game so hard,...but im loving it.

Just look this complete surround.

Im still playing this version to,and after the late CA news about new units is worthless installl this mod,and Im enjoying the previous version to.
    And if CA upgrade the game constantly?The new units will spoil the mod for sure,but the minor upgrades may do it to,and we dont know if the next patch will come in just one upgrade or in severals and almost daylys ones.

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    Im still playing this version to,and after the late CA news about new units is worthless installl this mod,and Im enjoying the previous version to.
    And if CA upgrade the game constantly?The new units will spoil the mod for sure,but the minor upgrades may do it to,and we dont know if the next patch will come in just one upgrade or in severals and almost daylys ones.
    The new units shouldn't affect anything at all! At least not any DB changes concerning them -- any startpos.esf changes may break somethings. New data may also, but we are preppedand ready to devour the info once it comes out!

The new units shouldn't affect anything at all! At least not any DB changes concerning them -- any startpos.esf changes may break somethings. New data may also, but we are preppedand ready to devour the info once it comes out!
    This means that you will upgraed the mod to includ those units?
    And may I still use the vanilla tech tree and the fire drills?

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    This means that you will upgraed the mod to includ those units?
    And may I still use the vanilla tech tree and the fire drills?
    Theway the mod is built we most likely will not have to change much if anything to have the new units working! Out units database is modular and adds itself onto the vanilla unit list.

You can use vanilla tech and firing drills -- you have to remove the tech tables and the unit to class and unit to unit abilities tables from the ModCore.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Theway the mod is built we most likely will not have to change much if anything to have the new units working! Out units database is modular and adds itself onto the vanilla unit list.

You can use vanilla tech and firing drills -- you have to remove the tech tables and the unit to class and unit to unit abilities tables from the ModCore.
    Well we have to adjust unit recruitment times and cost of course

Other than that and the startpos it should be fine.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345