Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Rare Symposium Topic: The Curia

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: A Rare Symposium Topic: The Curia

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    He does, he should be pampering us with Praetorians and Greek wine.
    Or pralines and Greek mime
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

I demand a bard Asterix.

This one is for Garbarsardar

Less you forgot the 28th of May
    So momentous a day, that May
    When the curia was Open to plunder,
    Old Mad Crandar ripped asunder!
    Oh so gay we were the next day!
    Anagennese! and a new game to play!
    So with a joyous heart I say
    Hurray for That fateful day!
    The glorious 28th of May!
    Last edited by Belisarius; May 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    I demand a bard Asterix.

This one is for Garbarsardar

Less you forgot the 28th of May
    So momentous a day, that May
    When the curia was Open to plunder,
    Old Mad Crandar ripped asunder!
    Oh so gay we were the next day!
    Anagennese! and a new game to play!
    So with a joyous heart I say
    Hurray for That fateful day!
    The glorious 28th of May!
    Such a point you weave our scribe,
    As the very conception of our tribe,
    Spewed forth from that uterine rupture,
    Twenty eight ides of May did capture,
    Defence of virgin youth was our Moto,
    Bigotry and arrogance our foe,
    In Anagenese we dug a groto,
    (to you sire there opposition did flow),

The banner still covers the altar of our calling.

Remember the Ides of May TWC.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

I can't stand poetry...

Neither can i. But about the subject. I have held the opinion for several years that the inbred nature of Curia has made and will keep it stagnant and not useful to the site. Simply Curia represents only a small part of the forum members.
    I have not created my opinion because i would have followed the discussion in Curia. Since i have been on self imposed ban from the place for about an year.... or was it two. My memory fails from time to time. I base my argument I think that the only way to make it useful would be to dramatically change the role and requirements for the citizenry.

I think that Curia should be the voice of the forum members, not a gentlemens club deciding about issues that have no effect on the site in whole. Thus creating an illusion of some kind of "power". Not as if trying to gain "power" on a internet site is some what funny to begin with.

So0 nobody didnt even reply to my post. This is just to be expected.

Without Asterx in the beginnning i would have said these words years a go. Because i was in debt for m7 y both patrons, WBK and Asterix- But please ban me because i will say that TWC curia is a joke

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

I could have replied Kage, except I had nothing to add to it. The same really applies to your last post.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

And I could have but was on vacation and will do so later this week

Kage is clearly exhibiting the impatience of an old man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12