Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Termopylae Battle

Default Re: Termopylae Battle

You guys can't be serious?

All of you are using Secondary Sources, regarding to Spartans in Thermopylae?

Please read Primary Sources, like Xenophon's account on Thermopylae. There is even Herodotus (although not accurate, IMO).

Please, if you are going to criticise the historical accuracy of Spartans in this mod, then source your things from Primary Sources, not Secondary Sources (Videos, Books...). Even High Schools use only Primary Sources, are you guys from Primary School? First year high schools only teach by Primary Translations, for History. In grade 5 or 6, they used books and documentaries.

Besides, many of you picked out little features which were historically inaccurate, there are still many more things, regarding to the hoplite itself.

Read the primary sources that I have provided, before you continue this thread, talking about "Historical Accuracy".

I myself, can't be bothered to argue, it is pointless lecturing the uneducated on this topic (no offence intended). Educate yourself first please, then we can discuss. These kind of threads usually dont lead to a civilised nor friendly conversation/discussion, so I'll be smart and stay out of it for now.

I remember you from the RS forum, ur a pest and ust leave, this is a mod that is not meant to be historicly accurate, so do more research on the mod before you open your mouth and insult the people working on it, i havent seen you make any mods or contribute to any so just leave

RS Beta Tester - Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Hoplite85 View Post
    I remember you from the RS forum, ur a pest and ust leave, this is a mod that is not meant to be historicly accurate, so do more research on the mod before you open your mouth and insult the people working on it, i havent seen you make any mods or contribute to any so just leave
    That's funny, when your the one who likes 'debating'. Flaming won't get you far in your self esteem or confidence.

im not debating, and i dont understand your comment
    Last edited by Squid; August 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM.

RS Beta Tester - Rome

the map and units are great and the mod is not historically aimed, so no one cares about accuracy here, better off going to Rome total realism
    Last edited by Squid; August 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM.

RS Beta Tester - Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Hoplite85 View Post
    the map and units are great and the mod is not historically aimed, so no one cares about accuracy here, better off going to Rome total realism
    I honestly prefer other mods, for accuracy, rather than RTR or EB.
    Last edited by Squid; August 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Keep it on-topic please. You've been warned already by another moderator, so lets keep this thread discussing what it's supposed to be discussing.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123