Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: APE: TI v1.1 -- Previews, Questions, and Suggestions

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Default Re: Discussion Thread - A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.0.6

btw hows the late campaign balancing going? or are you going to look at this after the AOR system is finished?

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

I've just had a quick naval battle and i have to say i like the changes, good work!

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by boche View Post
    btw hows the late campaign balancing going? or are you going to look at this after the AOR system is finished?
    There's a lot of stuff that needs to be in place before I can look at this, and even then I will have to rely on other people to provide data.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

well what kind of data do you need? maybe i can help?

and ye man no probs, i know oyu have lots of things to do, that why I said "after AOR" etc jeje

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boche View Post
    well what kind of data do you need? maybe i can help?

and ye man no probs, i know oyu have lots of things to do, that why I said "after AOR" etc jeje

cheers
    Well if you like you can propose unit rosters for regions, i.e. which units should be available for recruitment where. Keep it easy on the unique units for now, though, I'd like to have a basic version running first.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Well if you like you can propose unit rosters for regions, i.e. which units should be available for recruitment where. Keep it easy on the unique units for now, though, I'd like to have a basic version running first.
    ye sure i was talking with l33t about something like that, ill make a proposal one of these days with sugestions

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

(And dont make all the spainish units superman hehehe )

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    (And dont make all the spainish units superman hehehe )
    me?! do that? now what kind of selfrespecting modder from spain would do that¿

(damn my plan is foiled....)

nah man im gona try and balance as much as i can, even if it hurst my pride xD

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: APE: TI v1.1 -- Previews, Questions, and Suggestions

A question, not nessecerily related to 1.1, but to updates in general.

Should you suddenly have ALL the tools you need for the mods, like creating new theatres, provinces, techs, AI and suchlike, what would your goals be?

Secondly, How long will you stay with ETW after NTW's release, and will you go onto NTW ever?

I'm just wondering, cus I'd love to know where this fantastic mod is going in the future

good work guys, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningManiac View Post
    A question, not nessecerily related to 1.1, but to updates in general.

Should you suddenly have ALL the tools you need for the mods, like creating new theatres, provinces, techs, AI and suchlike, what would your goals be?

Secondly, How long will you stay with ETW after NTW's release, and will you go onto NTW ever?

I'm just wondering, cus I'd love to know where this fantastic mod is going in the future

good work guys, keep it up!
    Not quite sure, I guess AI would be my primary concern if I could significantly change it. Especially diplomacy. That and replace the generic and random minor/major city split with major everywhere but expensive low-level buildings to represent required infrastructure investments for things like barracks or foundries.

As for NTW: We can't decide that before seeing what NTW changes. If it adds significant additional mod support (for example more script commands like I hope it will for the Napoleonic scripted campaigns) then I at least would probably switch after a while or immediately depending on how exciting things are and compatibility to ETW.

Just so that this doesn't get buried: Of course we're not only doing big changes (although they are more worthy of being written about) but we're also constantly working on small changes and improvements to polish the game into a state that it deserves. One example of this is the idea to display gameplay hints instead of quotes, which was lately revived by Sevasti's suggestion of combining both. An example might look like this:

"Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army."
    -- Edward Everett, US statesman (19th century)

Schools have a high initial investment and upkeep cost, but the gains from research can mean the difference between victory and ruin.

It's a small thing, not very noticeable, but I can tell from my own experience that this kind of stuff can teach you a lot of stuff or just get you thinking.

Another example of a small change is that we'll make the income display in the city info bar (you know, the thing that's displayed when you mouse over a region) display what you actually get in taxes rather than the region wealth before taxes, which confused a lot of people. Another similar project, although larger in scale, is a second page that we're adding to the region info so that we can display manpower and traditions in it instead of abusing the advisor.

Just remember: Small things make the difference between a good thing and a great one. In games as well as in life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123