Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: next campaign!?!

Napoleonic Complex?

-Revan

im the same but then complain when i kill thousands and lose only like 2 men!?! im never saticfied

Satisfied*? :laughing:

-Revan

dude, two hour history lecture! my brain was shot!

Shot? I'd be wide awake O.O

-Revan

Mack Daddy's Avatar Tiro

personally, i like carthage the most. Just creating a market empire in the western med is always fun to me. +Elephants

strangely enough i was thinking about starting a carthage campaign again. i love spain in 4.6, i dont like the O turn recruitment so i modded that my way but left those guys alone, now its a really struggle there and its great.

i was thinking to myself today i want a game where i can create colonies in far off shores and who better to do that with the the trade nation of carthage!

Some nations just aren't meant to establish a sea-trade empire. Like my friend as Germany tried to conquer Egypt :laughing:

-Revan

ha!

thats a point i will make before my next carthagian campaign, mod egypt to die fast.

ground rules, i wont invade their land, unless they attack me (god damn i hate them!) the idea is to have some other super power grow in Asia minor.

Probably not a bad policy. Concerning my friend's "Egyptian Conquest" he spent about 15 years to get his stack down to Egypt, then he got attacked at sea and his stack lost. He tried again, spent another 15 years to get there and finally arrived at Alexandria and promptly beseiged the city, within 5 seconds of him hitting end turn he was surronded by 4 stacks, all had 5+ nellie units. I was laughing my ass off watching his axemen charge at the Elephants :laughing:.

-Revan

Did they succeed?

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

The Axemen? Lmao, hell no. I was rolling on the floor laughing when his "Grand Wehrmact" (Name for German Army under Hitler) was decimated in all of 3 minutes.

-Revan

what thats how the germans conquered egypt in the first place, using their axe men! oh wait was that the turks? same difference

True, there was a reason for the Germans not conquering Egypt.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Well, Rommel and the Afrika corps tried. Now that I think about it, my friend called his stack he sent to Egypt "The Afrika Corps" too lmao.

-Revan

They all failed...

Rommel did notably better then his "Ancient German" counterpart though.

-Revan

True, but he still failed!

Iv'e decided to be the Seleucids. Im not doing quite well. Once again didnt build men quick enough and are getting some hammer from the Eygptians. I think i must defeat them first musn't i to get further on in the game? Im sure someone said they get really hard later on, i hate fighting them just won a seige against them (i was defending) Lost 29 men to their 1000+ but i am playing only on large cause my pc's limit is 3,400 men which is really poor. Trying to get Anicohn (sp) to produce Armoured Elephants so i can progress Southwards, Little error however it seems i cannot produce Ballistas even though it says i can in the Broswer tech tree thing. Very disappointed think its a bug searched the readme with the words east and sele but nothing came up about removing balistas only the additon of ognars to the eastern catupult rang. Just try to upgrade to get the ognars, dont really want my elephants being pummled with javilin when approaching the city gates.
    Thanks.

Also btw if im doing to killsheet will i have to change the entry in cell B 13 to 1: seleucid?

I believe so.

Make sure you back it up first and change Seleucids to Romans.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345