Thread: (Unofficial) English Translation

Default (Unofficial) English Translation

(Unofficial) English Translation for Call of Warhammer Total War

First of all a big shout to all the CoW modders, maximum respect!

Decided to do a small translation for CoW, haven't changed anything apart from the building descriptions text, to be used with Beregond's translation 1.03 thought it needed a little makeover so heres the changes.. Still needs alot of work though.

- All Empire building descriptions should now be in english (apart from the castle wall upgrades)
    - Other tweaks as well cant remember most of them but you'll come across them.

Installation Instructions

Go into your medieval 2 folder look under mods/teutonic/data/text and replace the export_buildings.txt with this one. (Backup your export_buildings.txt!! Just incase)

This is by far from perfect and still isn't finished but feel free to tweak it as much as you like.

Update

- Castle wall upgrades translated
    - Added Naval, port ect.. translation
    - Stables translated
    - Barracks translated
    - Roads translated
    - Markets,Farms and Mines fully translated
    - Special buildings translated eg. Blood Keep, Three Towers ect..
    - Special unit buildings translated, eg, Knights Panther, Knights of the white wolves ect..
    - Afew minor tweaks, more text

replace the export_buildings.txt with this one. (Backup your export_buildings.txt!! Just incase)
    Last edited by prime76; April 10, 2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Update

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: (Unofficial) English Translation 1.04

Nice work. You should probably rename the sub-mod to something other than 1.04 as that's the new patch that's coming out soon, and this will confuse people.

Btw, Welcome to the forums.

Default Re: (Unofficial) English Translation 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Nice work. You should probably rename the sub-mod to something other than 1.04 as that's the new patch that's coming out soon, and this will confuse people.

Btw, Welcome to the forums.
    I am officially one of them. I thought this was an early released translation for the 1.4 patch that was released by some sneaky beta tester. I too would suggest an alternate title.

Good work on the translations though!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: (Unofficial) English Translation

Excellent work mate! I always wondered what the text for the unique buildings was haha.

Thx, mate.

This seems to add some stuff to the "official" translations. Maybe these could be added to the 1.4 release?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0bb View Post
    This seems to add some stuff to the "official" translations. Maybe these could be added to the 1.4 release?
    Nah, I want Beregond to do the official stuff, while Prime76's added translations are appreciated in the meantime, Beregond's are of a much higher quality. Prime76's translations for the buildings sound a little strange tbh, though of course it's better than nothing.