Thread: (poland) best time to travel there?

Default (poland) best time to travel there?

Hey,

Off topic, i know.
    This referes to the Poland people actually: I'd like to know what's the best season to travel there.
    Not looking for high-season attraction ( i can do it past-high or pre-high).
    Stiff interest in an independent trip to warsaw ghetto and similar places, then cultural.
    how many days do you suppose it should take, if each day i spend in places?

thanks.

Default Re: (poland) best time to travel there?

WOTTTTTT???????

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBane View Post
    Hey,

Off topic, i know.
    This referes to the Poland people actually: I'd like to know what's the best season to travel there.
    Stiff interest in an independent trip to warsaw ghetto and similar places, then cultural.

thanks.
    Sorry, wrong place.

This needs to be moved to the Travel section.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Tempted to answer Never, but I won't
    Weather wise avoid the winter if it's anything like The Ukraine (next door) then it is seriously cold

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Avoid the winter , go when it's summer . It's pretty similar to Swedens weather so i know

Moved to the Traveler's lodge - Elrond
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Perfect time would be probably around September 1st. I hear that get alot of visitors from foreign places around that date

Weather-wise avoid it like the plague during the winter if you're not used to cold, brutal rain. The best time to visit would be around spring (look to Sweden or Germany for the dates spring arrives), the summer can get pretty hot (by Polish standards) but almost never very humid.

Just a heads up, avoid the Praga district, it was heavily a few decades ago and it hasn't gotten the attention that districts like Wilanow (posh part of Warsaw) have gotten. Warsaw sees the heaviest tourist traffic in August from what I've usually seen, but I live downtown in the summer months so trips to the tourist areas are somewhat of a rarity
    Last edited by So Much Fire; April 24, 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Go to Warsaw and visit the museums and art galleries, the Old Town is very nice in summer. However, some of the more rural areas can be absolutely stunning in summer, so it might be worth your while to visit the borders with Lithuania, places like Suwalki, Hultajewo, etc. The Polish girls are also great.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Legio Caesar View Post
    Go to Warsaw and visit the museums and art galleries, the Old Town is very nice in summer. However, some of the more rural areas can be absolutely stunning in summer, so it might be worth your while to visit the borders with Lithuania, places like Suwalki, Hultajewo, etc. The Polish girls are also great.
    i second that
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I am quite probably also going to Poland this summer .

Summertime or around it (may-september) is definatly the way to go in my opinion, I've only spent one hour in Warzaw but based on my experience from Krakow and Gdansk combined with pictures of Warzaw I'm quite certain that Poland loook like total crap during the winter.

The major holiday month for Poles is August just like in many other parts of continental europe which mean that june-early july can be a good idea to visit inorder to avoid the worst tourist rush.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Poland is really nice, go to Zakopane and you will see beautiful ski-resort up in the mountains.
    I loved it when I went there 5 years ago, and yes, Polish girls are nice .
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBane View Post
    Hey,

Off topic, i know.

thanks.
    The warmer months would be better. Warsaw you can do in a day or two. Krakow maybe 4 days, there are some great nightclubs there, and all the girls are incredibly hot!

I recommend those 2 cities, there is some great stuff to see, check out wiki travel. And its up to you how long you want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    Perfect time would be probably around September 1st. I hear that get alot of visitors from foreign places around that date
    Cheap shot! But yeah September seems to be a great month for these foreign visits, I heard that you can get a great view of the buildings when flying to New York City, USA. The views are explosive!
    Wacken Open Air Tickets for Sale x 2 - SOLD OUT - 3 Days All In
    Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Slayer
    5th-7th August in Wacken, Germany
    Sadly cannot attend anymore.
    Bid, PM Offers, No offers over 460AUD
    please.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Late summer. Best places to visit are Mazury, Wolin, Krakow, Warsaw, Suwalki, Zamosc etc. Search in wiki (optionally polish wiki-->then change language to english). I really recommend Lviv in Ukraine and Vilnus in Lithuania-there are a lot of polish monuments there and these cities are beautiful And it's ever cheaper than in Poland.

Really liked Poland. Season was late spring early summer twice. Warsaw is very pleasant especially stare mjasto ( old city ). Polish food is insanely tasty also,the quality and taste of regular food in supermarkets and shops is waaay ahead of for example Prague.
    Only positive memories I have.

Summer or early autumn (trees look beautiful). Summer is mostly warm (up to +30 or more degrees Celsius) and sunny (I have no idea how this summer will be, right now it is very rainy). Winters can be very cold and snowy.

Places to see - Warsaw, some parts are nice, but overall it's an ugly city. If you are interested in gray, communistic architecture - it's a perfect place for you. You can see Royal Castle, Old Town, Polish Army's museum, National Gallery, Museum of the Warsaw Uprising, various churches etc. I would stay there for about 2 days.

Cracow - much nicer that Warsaw IMO (and I live close to Warsaw, so you can trust me) - Old Town, Wawel Castle, various churches etc. 2 - 3 days.

Gdańsk (Danzig ) - nice old town etc.

Malbork - impressive medieval castle built by Germans. If you come here July 14 you may watch huge re-enacting show of the battle of Grunwald (1410AD) of couse near the Grunwald village.

Hel peninsula - north of Gdańsk, nice place for Polish people to rest if they cannot afford or don't want to go to Egypt or Carribean

Zakopane - poorer version of Aspen

Polish food is awesome.

BTW - where are you from?

If you have any particular qustions - feel free to ask them via PM.