Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stainless Steel Questions

Default Re: Stainless Steel Questions

Alright, I've found a problem. I downloaded/installed everything properly and all, got the 6.1 patch and started to play. After just a little it crashes, randomly. out of the five times I've tried it's all been random and only one time have i been able to explore the factions, choose one and try to play the campaign. Why is it doing this to me? I run Vista.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Well, it happens to every Kingdoms Mod that if you select too many factions at the same time, the game crashes. Happens to everybody. Might be fixed in the newest version, but idk yet.

I have the amount of factions that it starts with upon installation. So, basically I won't be able to ever play this damn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesticfish View Post
    I have the amount of factions that it starts with upon installation. So, basically I won't be able to ever play this damn thing?
    You can play no problem if it is the faction/campaign bug that is crashing you.

Basically you should be able to click thru 7-8 factions on a particular campaign and explore them. Then it will CTD but you can just restart and look thru the next 7. It is a bit annoying at first but is really the only CTD bug left as far as I know. Supposed to be fixed in 6.3

Also- if you start looking thru early campaign, then start looking thru late campaign... you will CTD when you go to start the campaign. Have to choose which one you want to play.

That's really weird It is sooo annoying. I didn't know there was a 6.2, I've got the 6.1 patch though. I hope to god Kong fixes it!

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Unfortunately, Kong is out screwing around in Third Age Total War lore, and won't be able to fix your problem. It will have to be one of us to do that job.

FUUUUU-
    Well, this kinda sucks, at least this mod is fun!

use this website to view the strength/weakness of each of the factions, its for 6.1 so it might be out of date, but from what i can tell the info there is the same as on the faction screen for 6.2

http://totalwar.honga.net/faction.php?v=ss6&encode=en

I have 6.1 so it's cool, thank you

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

The other problem i have here is historical battle.Some battle is playable but some get CTD.

I just wonder they're often or only me have that problem?But i don't care about it much the campaign and custom is enough

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Some historical battles wont work unfortunately.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesticfish View Post
    That's really weird It is sooo annoying. I didn't know there was a 6.2, I've got the 6.1 patch though. I hope to god Kong fixes it!
    I've found that it's not a special number of factions before it CTDs, but rather how quickly you browse them. If you wait 5 seconds or so between factions you should be able to go through as many as you want. The best solution is to know who you want to play going into it. Also, you can't go into the Early campaign, back out, and then go into the Late Campaign. This also causes a CTD. They're annoying crashes but easily avoidable by knowing what you want to play going into it.

6.2 is a tweaking of 6.1 by gracul, it supposedly makes the game a bit tougher and I think adds new looks for the city/castles. I haven't noticed a difficulty boost, but it should be noted that there are more sub-mods compatible with 6.1 than there are 6.2. Not a problem for me, but something to think about.

I see. Yeah I noticed if you go to custom battle, mess around with that, back out and try to click on one of the campaigns it crashes as well. I don't play historical battles very often.

ss is what M2TW should have been plain and simple

when ever i click on the late campaign it CTD's whats up with that. plz help just installed it, followed all the instructions perfectly
    I will either find a way, or make one
    -Hannibal Barca

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

Probably best to report your problem in the bugs and technical help sub forum, not stainless steel general discussion. Lots of people have had an issue or two, go there and you'll find a fix quicksmart.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12