View Poll Results: Which side are you on?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Union States

51 42.86%
  • The Confederate States

68 57.14%
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: What side are you on?

Default Re: HOTFIX - 2.1 Sound Problem

A fix is ready, Hinkel will post the link in a few minutes.

Default Re: Respect Union and Confederates in the civil war

Quote Originally Posted by Atcman123 View Post
    And to remind you,you cant set aside slavery from the civil war! THEY WERE HUMANS TOO! the south needs to stop hating the blacks,there people like us,Sure their skin is different,BUT THEY FOUGHT BRAVELY.and the kkk WAS a part of the confederacy cause why would they wave the confederate flag??? If they were thugs why not just change the flag to a outlaw flag??
    The KKK was started after the war by former Confederates, true, but to generalize and stereotype all Southerners as 'hating the blacks' is ludicrous. I am a native southerner and am neither a hillbilly nor a racist.

There were Federal troops who wanted no part of fighting alongside Black soldiers, or could have cared less about Slavery, just as there were Southerners who loathed slavery, although they fought for a cause which would preserve that miserable institution.

I once read that 1/10th of one percent of Confederate soldiers were slave holders. Whether this figure is accurate or not is hard to guage but the is little doubt that the vast majority of the common soldiers who fought for the South never owned slaves. It was, afterall 'a rich man's fight and a poor man's war.' Slavery being a profession, primarily, of the rich.

Sorry to rant, but the stereotyping of southerners is just about the only place that sort of behavior is tolerated anymore.

Honor to both sides.

That said...I can't wait to get home, install this and give ole Billy Yank the cold steel!

Default Artmoney

Artmoney doesnt work for the mod!?
    -no flames pls

Wess_Hudson's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    To affilate every southern with the "KKK" is just like saying every German is a "Nazi"
    Im sure every southerner wants to put their legacy involving slavery behind them,
    beside we are all americans and now fight for the same cause
    Exactly!
    Thank you, man!

Greetings from Munich!

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

Agreed. My parents brought me up with the understanding that you should treat others the way you wanted to be treated yourself and I think that applies to northerners/ southerners, blacks/whites, etc.

With that said however, I could see how there may be some bad blood especially if someone's ancestors fought and died in that war for what they still feel is a just cause. I don't agree that there should be lasting resentment from a battle that was fought 175 years ago but I guess I can understand on some level.
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

Default Re: Artmoney

for me it does, im using version 7.3...

7.34?

I allways get an error.. It tells me that It cant open the file, try the ProVersion.

i got a free version of 7.30 and it works...

is there already a fix? cant find it...

Railin's Avatar Tiro

You guys really need to cheat in this game? You get so much money through trade it is ridiculous.

I found the Hotfix download, great!
    Last edited by PluToMaN; December 16, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Default Re: A have just sprung a Idea.

Soooo...Who shall be the Commanders?

Default Re: A have just sprung a Idea.

Thats what i wanna know.
    Art //

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Yes this thread isn't needed anymore.

Can be closed and removed .
    Last edited by Hinkel; December 16, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

i used it to see if everything in the campaign works, after i installed the new version

Default Re: Britain and France

Quote Originally Posted by LtRowland View Post
    I can't change the hats because I can't change the models. Trust me I would if I could but unless someone else knows how we'll just have to settle for black kepis. I will check the zulu mod, I still have a little work to do to them I just wanted to post them for some input so thanks. It's hard sometimes to get the right color and you have to make sure it's not too bright or else you'll get a terrible sun glare off them.
    What tools do you use to edit the skins please tell.

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Britain and France

photoshop and PackFileManager

Britabroad's Avatar Civis

In the South West of England in 1685 the illegitimate son of King Charles II - James, Duke of Monmouth (a staunch protestant) - landed with a couple of ships and a few hundred men, and started what was to become known as the Monmouth Rebellion, or the Dorset and Somerset Rebellion.
    The local people flocked to support him against the hated catholic King James II, armed with pitchforks, cudgels, axes, and old pikes. Needless to say, by the time that the Royal army caught up with them at a place called Sedgemoor, they were annihilated. Monmouth was captured 4 days later, and was executed for treason. For months afterwards the rebels were hunted, captured, and either transported to the US, or hung from gallows all over the West Country.
    Thatīs 325 years ago, and in some of the old rural villages in the area they still bleat on about poor Monmouth and the local men who were killed subsequently. It was sad. They were treated horrifically. And they were naive and ill eqipped. But, come on, 1685 for Godīs sake??!
    So, 175 years is nothing, especially considering that the Monmouth rebellion took place in an area the size of Long Island and saw about 2,000 deaths, whereas the War of Secession took place in an area the size of Europe and saw more than half a million deaths.
    Itīs amazing how deep feelings run.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to re-assert itself, though it may be at another time, and in another form." - Jefferson Davis