Thread: A few questions ?

Default A few questions ?

Sorry i'm new to this game. I only installed it yesterday. Well here are my questions ;P

1. Can I Use 0 turn recruitment in this mod ? And which file will i have to edit to achieve it ?

2. Why is the building construction time to long ? most of them are at 20 turns in the imperial campaign.

3. About the year per turn system.. how many turns does the imperial campaign have in total ? I kinda prefer long campaigns with 4 turn per year.

other than that. I really like this mod and it looks like a lot of work has been put into it

Default Re: A few questions ?

1) it's not meant to but you can manually modify them without problems. it's Data/export_descr_Unit.txt
    2)to avoid having supercities in the early game
    3)the campaign is VERY long so no problem if you intend to play slowly (the mod is born to slow down things)
    Rome:Total War:Res Bellicae Proud team leader

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Gaio Giulio, This mod is a great mod I have it downloaded now and playing a campaign, there is somthing bothering me though in battle when you order a unit to attack an enemy and the screen changes, the tool bar for the game disapears and you and up
    with a wide-screen view, wich is realy bothering me, how do I dissable that could you please give me some directions?
    There is also the battle hornes as well, that noise you hear from the start of the game untill the end, it just gets enoying with the sound, I tried disabling it with options it worked somehow I frogot how exactly but it also disabled the other sound effect as well, I could'nt even hear them march, how do I disable that through Data, I need direction on that as well, Please

Nice, thanks.

well for the first read this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=375276

for the second go to "data/descr_sound_unit_idle.txt"
    and cancel this parts of code (there may be more than three or four..erase all of them )

folder data/sounds/SFX/individual/War_Horns
    War_Horn_Roman_Advance mindist 9 probability 0.1 volume 80 minPitch .9 maxPitch 1.1 priority 70 distancepriority 0
    War_Horn_Barbarian_Advance mindist 9 probability 0.1 volume 80 minPitch .9 maxPitch 1.1 priority 70 distancepriority 0
    War_Horn_Arab_Advance mindist 9 probability 0.1 volume 80 minPitch .9 maxPitch 1.1 priority 70 distancepriority 0

search for them and cancel them but beware not to touch the other lines or you could do a disaster XD
    make a backupcopy of the files before so that you can restore them in cases of problems

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hello Res Bellicae team,
    I am trying to figure out how to change the the upkeep on the units could you please advise wich line I have change on export_descr_unit text?
    and would that also show in the game when you right click on the unit.
    Thanks in advance
    GM207

stat_cost
    it's the third parameter
    yes it will show

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Thank you Gaio, you've been very helpfull, I got another question for you, when playing the campaign I realized that the roman faction has been just laying back and not conquering anything at all, they still have the same lands they started with the current campaign year I am in now is 190 BC or so, they don't even have a prepaired army, there armies are scattered all over there lands and the've been like that since almost the beggining of the game, is that something that needs to be fixed?
    and if it's possible to ched some light on when the next patch is being released

i'm under exams so i think it will get some more time...
    and yes i tried to slow down things(in 190 roman empire wasn't that large)

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Gaio, I just wanted to ask if I can keep playing this mod well beyond the goals that I need to acheive, I can do that right?
    for example if I am in 200 AD I can keep going to 500 AD and even more right?

uhm i think yes

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Good luck on your exams man, patch can wait...
    not too long though

why all the barbarian units have a roman eagle? and why avery roman unit-cohort has an eagle too on the top? i find it a little bit anoying

have you intsalled the latest patch ?? XD