Thread: Tweaking Musket Accuracy...

Default Tweaking Musket Accuracy...

I was reading this thread (Musket Lethality) and thought I would try a twist on this modification for my APETI campaign.

In the kv_rules entries of the APETI modcore, I changed the Projectile Calibration from it's default of 1 to 10 (the guy in the thread went higher .. 35 and 50) and I loaded up my campaign.

The battles were amazing. The BAI in APETI in my opinion has always been pretty good, but given the leathality of the musket fire, it sorta came down to who gets position first wins. With this modification I found that the AI actually managed to get it's battle lines set, and when one line would start to suffer attrition, it would try to aid that line by moving another regiment in support, generally offering an alternative angle of fire. The two lines stood toe to toe for a good ten, fifteen minutes exchanging volleys of fire. I was loving it.

Needless to say, it made for a great battle. I also noticed that it will now have it's dragoons dismount and render assistance once the battle has started to develop and weaknesses were developing.

This modification didn't seem to have much effect on the artillery, it was still pretty devastating.

Anyways, I hope you don't mind me tinkering with the mod's values. I just thought I would let you know my experience with this alteration.

(What got me going on this was NTW's Order of War Mod by Marshall Beale and it's significantly lower lethality rate for the muskets/rifles.)

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA
    COOLING (AIR): Vigor Monsoon III PSU: CORSAIR TW750W
    RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    VIDEO: EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    SOUND: Creative X-Fi Fatality Platinum HARD DRIVE(S): WD500 7200RPM x 2
    DVD/CD/ROM/RW: LITE-ON x 2
    CASE: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution Aluminum Full Tower ATX & BTX Case
    KEYBOARD: Logitech® G15 MOUSE: Logitech® MX518

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Tweaking Musket Accuracy ...

No problem at all!

When you have it in a good, working format, post it to the submod forum and if the players like it I hope you don't mind if we include it!

Keep us posted on your results!

Grab some comparison vids if you can!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]