Thread: A few more questions!!!

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Default A few more questions!!!

I am playing a bohemian campaign, and I learned about a few things, I just can't pull them off.

Firstly, how can you culture shift? I just can't find a way.

Secondly, is there a way to annex large nations with just one war? I am starting to look like a madman with the "20th war of Bohemian aggression" and so on.

Thirdly, is there a way to make a war of succession? I have claims on the throne of Lorraine and I saw Tibet declaring a war of succession.

Lastly, is there a way to make your allies not join in a war? It's annoying for England to keep on stealing my glory!!!!!
    Mod in progress: Knights of the Black Diamond (sp + ETW)
    Danzig mod (europa universalis)

Walk into Mordor? I can riverdance into Mordor!
    (well, it was suicide anyway!)

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Default Re: A few more questions!!!

The only answer I know is about your last question, I would be interested to here the answers to the others too.

But anyways, you can stop from automatically calling your allies to help you, its in the bottom left corner of the screen that comes up when you want to declare war on someone.

EDIT: Oh while I'm here I might as well ask a question or two of my own

1. Could someone give me some tips for playing France from the beginning?

2. I always have problems with finances, I try to keep my minting at 0 because I'm deathly afraid of inflation but that seems to be the only way to really increase my income, because as both early England and Castille as I expanded a few provinces (and military spending goes up) my income barely stays the same or goes down. And I'm currently trying Brandenburg right now but their income and profit is so small that I'm afraid to get into anything that would require any amount of increase in military spending.
    Last edited by Nole4694; May 03, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Sevasti's Avatar Biarchus
    They tell me it's a regular building but it sways like a house of cards when the wind blows

@Irishguy
    I think the only nations bigger than one region you can annex are uncivs. I may be wrong about the size but it's something along those lines. What you could do is to vassalize them and diplo annex them later instead.

@Nole
    Don't be afraid of minting, it won't serve you any good really. It doesn't matter that your inflation is zero when the enemy has a superior force. What you should be afraid of is loans.

Playing as France? Keep preying on the small nations, annexing or vassalizing (and subsequently diplo annexing them). Just keep an eye out on the diplomatic relationships so you don't accidentally get involved in something way bigger than you expected. If you're just a little tactical and don't let bad boy skyrocket then France is an unstoppable steamroller.

Et sekund er som et minutt her inne
    Minutt som en time. Time som et døgn
    Og du trur du ser ting å så klart
    Eg seier ikkje ett ord til før eg får en advokat

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

I think in HttT you could annex any nation if you fully occupied it, (although the rebelions that ensued would last forever and could be a bigger problem then the country you just annexed, but it could happen) i dont know if thats changed for DW.

and for finances, i usually try to build up my economy by lowering land and navel mantanence to the lowest levels possible (also make sure they arent taking attrition, 1/3% is taken care of with full finding but if they are taking it while without funds it can take a few months at full funding to restore the armys numbers). Making sure you dont have too many misionarys or priests out at one time is good too since they cost money. Something i have found useful is too not spend anything during the last few months of the year if i can help it, it is when your treasury will be the lowest and you might accidently spend enough to run a defecit and force a loan.

Other then that im not sure, a small monthly loss is nothing to be worried about as long as you turn a profit at the end of the year, and keeping your stability at 3 is extremly helpful for a struggling economy. (keeping a sharp eye out for advisors that lower inflation can also pay off nicley.)
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior