Thread: Littledwarf's CUSTOM AND MP EDU mod - relatively close to lore!

Default Littledwarf's CUSTOM AND MP EDU mod - relatively close to lore!

Hi, I'd like to present you my modified edu for improved cow gameplay. I didn't share it with public at first, but boatie encouraged me to do so, and after killerowski published his, i thought 'why not?'

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

In my EDU i was to give unique feel to each faction, while maintaining gameplay balance (or merely trying to do so, you must judge yourself). So elves/dwarfs are now less numerous but stronger, orcs have higher attack but lower morale, and so on. Please note that this was meant for custom/mp, not campaign, but according to boatie and Zack Fair (which, i hope again, will write in this thread) you are also able to play campaign with it.

FACTION CHANGELOGS

EMPIRE

This faction is mostly unchanged, only all halbardier troops are given ap becouse of their weapon, which is effective at destroying armour. Halbardier and archer units are now also more numerous but are UNTRAINED to represent their position as conscripts of the empire. Elite units are also made more elite, 2 hp is common among elite units, as well as higher morale. Priests are given ap because of their warhammers, musket demage improved.

CHAOS

Chaos warriors greatly improved, 2hp now and are unbreakable. Cost increased, number reduced. Deamons are now VERY VERY powerful, but number is greatly limited, cost is 5000 per unit, only one unit available. Deamon cavalry is 8000 per unit.

HIGH ELVES/DARK ELVES

Overall improvement, better defense skill and attack, higher morale. Elite units are 2hp and unbreakable, some are hardy (elites). Costs incrased all-round, all units -10 to size, elites -25 to size, top elites -50 to size. Dragon princes are now best cavalry unit in game (well, rivaled by deamon cavalry and blood dragons), but cost is 4600 (5000 with upgrades) and numbers are lowered to 30 on huge. Halberd units (Black Guard/Phoenix) and White Lions given ap.

VAMPIRE COUNTS

Zombies now have additional hp (total 3) but are made EVEN SLOWER, LOLOLO. Vampires, especially blood dragons, are now one of the top warriors in the game, but their numbrs are reduced.

ORCS

Attack improved, charge improved,

ALL orcs are now back 2hp, but morale lowered, defense lowered (especially armour, with exception of black orcs). Orcs are now very aggressive army, but do not last long in defense/prolonged fights because of their morale and armour

DWARFS

One of the top hand to hand fighters. Better armour for most units, rather high attack. AP for hammerers, 2hp and unbreakable for some elites. -10 number to all units, -25 to elites, -50 to best elites, - 60 to Ironbreakers who now boast an armour rating of 40 in front (!!!) but cost 5000 and are made even slower than before, together with longbeards, greatbeards and hammerers.

WARNING

Requires Reiksfart’s additional units mod to work (Slayers are used)

LINK
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/w0kk9z

Default Re: Littledwarf's CUSTOM AND MP EDU mod - relatively close to lore!

I'm gonna download it!!
    Best M2TW mods :)

1st Place) Third Age
    2nd Place) THERA - Call of Warhammer

Horrors seems to be OP..3000 cost and 20 missile attack which can impale several men?
    Oh and Flamers are really really weak..
    Last edited by .:Zack Fair:.; March 18, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

1st Place) Third Age

Hmmm... Horrors should be 5000... must made a mistake. As for flamers... honestly, didn't change them if i remember correctly. Would you recomend uping atttack or lowering cost?

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

+Rep my friend for sharing with your peers.
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

I'm glad your EDU seems to work without popping up CTDs, so now people can play with elite units that are elite. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Hmmm... Horrors should be 5000... must made a mistake. As for flamers... honestly, didn't change them if i remember correctly. Would you recomend uping atttack or lowering cost?
    Make their attack higher

1st Place) Third Age

Bloodcrusher are truly awesome! They're incredible! It's a waste that bloodcrusher bodyguard have nearly the same stats as normal knights

1st Place) Third Age

That's becouse _bodygurd units are mostly not changed - as said, this is mostly for custom and mp, not campaign.

Btw. you think they are OP? I though that they must be very strong, but they cost 8000. You think its too few? Maybe make them weaker/ make cost higher?

P.S. + rep for testing, thanks! Waiting for further feedback from others (if anyone downloaded it) too!

EDIT : Yeah yeah, but i mean, they SHOULD be able to be defeated/fight a decend fight with other units whose total cost is the same (8000 for jugger/ 5000 for bloodletters). Otherwise there is no balance
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; March 20, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

I think they're AWESOOOOME!! I live them!! They have to be as they're...A juggernaut + a bloodletter OVERPOWERED I love them

1st Place) Third Age

Ok i did a test : 8000 Khorne 'army' (one 33 unit of bloodcrushers)
    vs
    8000 Empire army of Hochland : 1 ulric priests, 3 halbardiers, 1 archers and 1 hochland musketeers

OUTCOME : Khorne has been crushed, though killing 250 of my soldiers.

So, while your deamon units are very powerful, they can still be defeated by the same-cost army, especially if used correctly (AP units, musketeers, ranged units, morale support (priests)). But they can also kick it's ass if you do not use your army correctly or do not composite it correctly, choosing right units for the right job. I did another test :

Bloodcrushers 8k cost
    vs
    Ulric priests and four units of fully upgraded swordsman 8k cost : 575 units vs my 33

OUTCOME : TOTAL destruction of Empire forces, with 6 (!!!) casualities at my side.

I am happy about outcomes.
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; March 20, 2011 at 06:10 AM.

I love Bloodcrusher

1st Place) Third Age

Little Dwarf,

I think a lot are playing Shogun II right now (like me). We will come back, don't worry. COW is better but Shogun II is the new kid on the block and very popular. As for feedback, you think I gave you some already! Thanks for making this available to all. They will be very surprise when they try the awesomeness of this submod in comparison to COW vanilla EDU.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Bump

Hello there! Thanks for bump.

ATTENTION PLEASE : If anyone wants to use this EDU submod, I recomend to download it from here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...23#post8960223 where it was made compatibile with the wonderful Reiksfart's mod. Thanks in advance and have a great playing.

P.S. Since this EDU is mostly made for mp battles, i am MORE THAN WILLING to fight against anyone who uses it. Just contact me.

you say this is made mostly for mp battles,but i hope and assume it works for sp as multiplayer interests me not in the slightest? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by leonn View Post
    you say this is made mostly for mp battles,but i hope and assume it works for sp as multiplayer interests me not in the slightest? cheers
    I have been playing this on single player with some additional tweaks (mp does not face 30 spawn chaos armies) and its been great fun.