Thread: My game keeps crashing.

Default My game keeps crashing.

Okay, I've been playing this campaign game for a while now. IIRC I'm around the year 70 b.c., I could've beaten the game before that (and I have before in other campaigns), but I liked playing around with my faction.

Anyways, I can't make any turns for that campaign map anymore! Everytime I click on the turn button the game crashes and brings me to the desktop. The other campaign games are fine, they do experiance crashes from time to time but they're rare.

I just don't understand it. I load the game, than I click on next turn, and than it crashes. Initially, I thought it might have been overheated or something so I waited a couple of days (may 28th-June 2nd) but it still has the same problem!

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: My game keeps crashing.

I think that this is a major bug with the game, what version are you using?

I'm not really sure. Someone explained it to me about different versions in another thread, but I'm not sure if I really understood him.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52105

All I can say is that I didn't buy the Gold Edition, didn't install BI or 1.6 patch so its neither a 1.3 or 1.5 patch.

I only bought the original, the only modification I had in the game is the squalor mod and that's it.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

I think then it is vanilla 1.0. You might try patching to 1.2 and see if that works, but last time this same thing happened to me I never got to play my campaign again.

I'm downloading it right now. I hope it works.

Blog Entries

Be warned that it may not help your current campaign, it may help future ones though, and I have seen this in the 1.2 version as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't seem to help. I started a new campaign and that one crashed too.

Any other recommended patches?

Blog Entries

All the patches are ok, the last one for RTW is 1.5, but you need to update to 1.3 before you can update to 1.5.

Oh great. 1.5 patch works, in fact, I can play the saved game from my 1.2 patch.

But now I have problem in that I can't use my squalor mod, so I can't play around with my campaign.

If I had the squalor mod installed, it wouldn't even let me go to the main menu.

ideas?

Blog Entries

I have no idea what the dqualer mod is, what does it do?

It almost eliminates riots in your cities and improves income.

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=278

Its very useful for me to very heavily tax each of my cities. I liked to use this mod, because I could easily phase out all my inferior troops and replace them with only Praetorian and Urban Cohorts; and not worry about losing any money. I'm not so much interested in beating the campaign game as I am in forming an "all-elite army".

Blog Entries

Hmm, well if you still want the squalor mod then you can just mod the files just like the creator of this mod did. Just check the readme for it, see what it says and you should be able to use it. I just looked at the files in it and it looks like you can do this.