Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Dead] Persian Empire Mod Release

Default [Dead] Persian Empire Mod Release

Version 1.4 is up and I think I got most of the flaws especially regarding the campaign...more in the latest changes box.

Readme (not always up to date):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Persian Empire Mod by tehhaxxor23 aka m9x
    Version: 1.4
    -------
    How-To
    -------
    1. Have a clean/fresh installation of RTW.
    2. Install patch 1.3.
    3. Install patch 1.5.
    4. BACK UP(!!!) these files:
    - data\export_descr_unit.txt
    - data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    - data\export_descr_unit_enums.txt
    - data\descr_model_battle.txt
    - data\descr_building_battle.txt
    - data\descr_model_strat.txt
    - data\descr_mount.txt
    - data\descr_sm_factions.txt
    - backup entire data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ folder
    5. Copy over all of the included files in this mod and replace existing ones
    with them.
    6. To play the campaign, select "Provincial Campaign" and Persian Empire, or
    you can play the regular Imperial Campaign as well (same thing basically).
    7. To play custom battles, just do as you always did.

Alexander addon is NOT required to run this mod!
    -------
    List of major changes to the game:
    -------
    - completely replaced Parthia with Persia including descriptions, captions, ...
    - completely removed Parthian unit roster and replaced with Persian units
    - brand new and hot unit models for Persia taken from the Alexander addon
    - full battle & strategic map compatibility
    - changed naval unit skins, generals skins, diplomat skins, symbols, ...
    -------
    List of minor changes to the game:
    -------
    - slighty increased power of Persian Immortals, they're now nearly as strong
    as the Sacred Band
    - new and accurate building tree for Persia
    - changed campaign map decoration
    -------
    List of known issues/bugs:
    -------
    - no bugs until now found by me. If you have one, please contact me (on the forums).
    - issue: some Persian units don't have a response-sound when clicked on at the battle
    map
    -------
    Notes
    -------
    I've paid much attention to every detail, for example the lesser generals (the ones
    who are with your units in custom battle mode) are altered as well.

I'm not sure how well this mod works with other major mods like RTR. Feel
    free to test and let me know how it worked out if you care.

Sidenote, I know that the campaign description is not "true". It's a work of fiction
    and meant to be one.
    -------
    Enjoy

Changes since last version:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Update from 1.3 to 1.4:
    - balanced immortals: raised recruitment price to 700 - they were too cheap in relation to their power
    - slightly increased attack power of kardakes and price as well, so they differ more from the regular infantry

Update from 1.2 to 1.3:
    - Persia can no longer build army barracks and therefore not recruit Phrygian Mercenaries, because the building wasn't made for Parthia in the first place. Didn't cause any failures but it looked silly.
    - obviously, removed the Phrygian Mercenaries from campaign, they are quite overpowered anyway. But still selectable in custom battles.

Update from 1.1 to 1.2:
    - fixed bug where strategy map generals didn't have a face or real texture
    - added texture for some part of buildings, not sure which one - but definitely good having it

Update from 1.0 to 1.1:
    - renamed Seleucia to Babylon
    - minor fixes to imperial campaign, it's now actually playable again
    - don't forget to backup your imperial campaign folder!!!

Screenshots:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9963/36952009qc0.jpg - menu
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8199/38393293gh1.jpg - strategic map note: the generals are textured correctly (different colors etc) in the downloadable version
    http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/474/45189742qk7.jpg - immortals
    http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9483/51923199xm8.jpg - syrian cavalry

Download:
    http://files.filefront.com//;7688640;/

If you want to comment or make a suggestion to improving the mod or anything at all please do so.
    Last edited by tehhaxxor23; June 04, 2007 at 06:20 AM.
    Persian Empire Mod

"[...] portraying Iranians as monsters, troglodytes, degenerates, and demons is “artistic entertainment”, but other nationalities are exempt from this “art form” as this would be “tasteless and politically incorrect” and would be regarded as a “hate crime”."

Default Re: Persian Empire Mod Release

fixed most of the previous issues, they were because of misleading texture paths...
    Persian Empire Mod

"[...] portraying Iranians as monsters, troglodytes, degenerates, and demons is “artistic entertainment”, but other nationalities are exempt from this “art form” as this would be “tasteless and politically incorrect” and would be regarded as a “hate crime”."

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

You are no more Rookie

Im suprised .even modders with bigger experience than you cant add/replace a new faction in the game

best luck...

thank you
    Persian Empire Mod

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Wow looks really good! Are you thinking of expanding your mod any more

The mod seems nice and all but, I noticed while playing the Persian campaign that the generals don't have any facial texture. Just a black hole where their face should be.

Still, it's a nice mod and I'll recommend it to my friends

This looks... nice. Nice and simple. I think I'll try it soon.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

How do I make a backup copy?
    Last edited by Dr. Croccer; July 14, 2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

You copy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nergal1610 View Post
    The mod seems nice and all but, I noticed while playing the Persian campaign that the generals don't have any facial texture. Just a black hole where their face should be.

Still, it's a nice mod and I'll recommend it to my friends
    yup, I fixed that I think, try updating it with the newest files for download up there.

I recommend playing Imperial Campaign btw
    Persian Empire Mod

yup, I fixed that I think, try updating it with the newest files for download up there
    How come I get this when I play?

By Sharezar1610 at 2007-07-24

Yeah, I know its only a minor issue and it doesn't spoil the mod but everytime I begin a battle it starts bugging me. Or is there some patch I have missed? I downloaded the version 1.4

Yet, this mod is nice. I try not to notice that missing texture
    Last edited by Sharezar1610; July 24, 2007 at 10:06 AM.

aaaah you mean in battles. yes that's still there. I fixed the campaign map textures. sorry I couldn't really find the texture for that in the Alexander addon and didn't know where to put one either so that kinda slipped thru
    Persian Empire Mod

Oops! Its me that Sharezar1610 up there. I was accidentally using my imageshack account and logged in by it.

yea sorry again for the inconvenience with that missing texture I really didn't notice when I was testing you seem to really play the mod I'd like to help but I've kinda forgotten all about modding

lol scrap that about modding into RTR. it's way too complex for that. too bad :<
    Last edited by tehhaxxor23; July 27, 2007 at 09:43 AM.
    Persian Empire Mod

Im okay with that missing texture. The overall quality of this mod kinda compensates for it. Actually I would be playing it right now, if my RTW Gold DVD wasn't broken.

you seem to really play the mod
    Well, I must admit I'm very interested in Achaemenid Persia (even though I'm from Finland) and your mod has a nice "alternative history" feeling in it. I have already played Rise of Persia which was awesome but because the last beta gave me only CTDs I'm giving the mod a pause.

glad you enjoy the mod

once, or if, rome 2 total war comes out and an addon that adds persian units (cause I can't do textures) i'll do the same kind of mod for the new game.
    Persian Empire Mod

Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet. Is everything else the same as vanilla except there's a persian empire now? good, that's the way I like it.

Maybe you should change the start date to 300 something BC.

But you did a pretty good amount of work. I support this
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

yup, it's vanilla with Persians instead of Parthians (which is paradox on its own since Parthia was a Persian Empire as well.)

so actually it is Achaemenids (spelling) instead of Parthians

prefer the units most, since they're kinda unique in total now for the faction
    Persian Empire Mod

Why when i try to download it from filefront it comes as microsoft word? can someone help?

Indefinitely Banned

Are there Alexander's units for RTW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast