Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Game of War: Released

Icon14 The Game of War: Released

mmmm, where to begin explaining this...

Ramtha Productions Presents:

Game of War!!!

for patch 1.2:

Game of War is a mod designed for those who love melee battles, and lots of them!

1) ALL MISSILE UNITS have been removed!
    This goes from archers, longbows, crossbows, to horse archers, and camel gunners, they are all removed! So in this battle their will only be melees.

2) Catapults, trebuchets, and ballistas have been removed!

3) Militia units are all removed!

4) Musketeers, handgunners, and arquebusiers are available to all factions, they no longer skirmish, and once they fire a volley they charge. However, to balance this, their shots are DEVASTATING! One volley of muskets can kill off 12 dismounted chivalric knights in a unit.

5) Gun artillery, is still available, and all artillery have the maximum range, or 450, this means they shoot as far as basilisks!

6) Super fast recruitment! You will be building armies, full stacks, or elites second after second! And, all units are recruitable in all buildings, every single unit available is recruitable in one and all buildings!
    Example: wooden wall enables the recruitment of every single unit your factions can recruit, from swordsmen to artillery.

7) All factions start with 99999999 money, expect a killer AI!!!

8) all factions are pagan, and priests and imams can no longer be recruited! Thus no more crusades or jihads.

9) naptha throwers are incredibly destructive! And no longer skirmish, they fire then charge!

10) pope is removed...thus no more crusades, and catholics will look at other catholics as bad guys.

11) mongols and timurids are playable

12) gunpowder available from the start.

13) HUGE movement distances! All characters and armies can move incredible distances!

14) all factions have mongolian accents on campaign!

15) rebelling characters disabled.

16) rebel spawning disabled.

17) All mercenaries can be recruited in all regions! Except there's no more missile units in this.

18) New battle narrators!!!

19) All ai factions prefer naval invasions, this will increase their performance and make them use ships to invade more.

20) americas available to go to from the start.

21) all factions renamed to fantasy names! This is now a fantasy mod, completely made up by me! The units have all been renamed as well to match with the new fantasy factions!

22) Battle changes:
    a) Melee battles last 50 times longer!!!
    b) Morale is very high for units.
    c) pikes and halberds no longer use spear wall or secondary weapons, now they are mobile, offensive as well as defensive, the ai performs better with them like this, they are fun to use, more balanced, better against cavalry!
    d) muskets, arques, and handgunners and naptha throwers have an unbelievable missile attack! And no longer skirmish, once they fire they charge to balance this!
    e) Cavalry no longer kill an entire unit in one charge, now they are used for melee.
    An illustration: Feudal knights will charge into dismounted feudal knights killing about 10 out of the 60 men in that unit, from there they enter melee, and it's a balanced fight the whole way through, the mounted knights will win the melee to balance their lack of charge.
    However, it is only elite mounted units that can beat elite foot soldiers, a non elite cavalry unit will lose to an elite foot unit, it's balanced.
    Basically, no more cavalry spamming.
    f) Slowed unit movement speed down by about 25%, varies for each terrain.
    g)

To install this mod, download from here...
    http://files.filefront.com/GameofWar.../fileinfo.html

then extract the files from the rar to your main mtw2 directory, then use the batch file "gameofwar" to run the mod.

Yes, this mod does not have any realism, but don't get hooked on the illusion of realism as it may deplete your ability to enjoy stuff that is actually quite good.

enjoy!
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: The Game of War: Released

LOL Ramtha don't hold back whatever you do

No seriously, sounds fun but not enough exclamation marks in your description!!!!!!

thanks! I like the more experimental approah to modding, where alot of people just get so sucked up in the thought of putting realism and accuracy into an inaccurate game...

I think we need more modders to try this approach and we'd have more creativity, and more unique mods.

One reason why I am such a fan of Gundug's otherworld mod, but ackwardly enough, few people know about that mod.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

I read your unlimited movement minimod the other day and was quite impressed by the "thinking outside of the square" involved. For those interested in enjoyment more than historical accuracy, you are doing good things here .

I will D/L this at the start of the new month when my D/L limit is replenished

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

i think not much good mod...many unreal things are here
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

does the mod has any new skins?

sounds very interesting
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

i think not much good mod...many unreal things are here
    can you please not troll dude. I think it's a bit obvious that there's no realism in the mod, if you had nothing important or good to say then why did you say anything?

does the mod has any new skins?

sounds very interesting
    No it doesn't have any new skins, but there's a huge added variety of units factions get that I forgot to mention.

Way too many to mention, lots of units have been added to faction's rosters it would take too long to name them all.

Ramtha, this mod sounds crazy! I have got to check it out when I get home tonight. I think the most hilarious thing is going to have to be the Mongolian accents for European factions.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

well I was just getting so sick of hearing certain voices, particularly the english, muslim, and mediterrainian accents...

I figured the mongolian one is the only one that sounds kind of cool, so since this is a fantasy/action mod and not accuracy mod why not? lol

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

man ramtha, you're an animal. the concept is great, adds alot to the gameplay aspect....lol +rep bro

Need to give it a try asap

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Heh, heh Ramtha. Seems you have a vast amount of time on your hads, as this is not the first, second or third project of yours. I don't know exactly how many you've made so far, but it is quite a number.
    And it also seems your creativity is great as well. I like that, and I don't care for much historical accuracy. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll have to try this mod, but I'll taylor it a bit to my liking (p.e. I like crushing rebel armies, thus I'll have to re-enable rebel spawning, and also, my computer doesn't like long travel distances, thus I'll have to do something about that too), but all in all, I like the sound of this!

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

OK. the good news 1st.
    Instaled BBBv2.0 but expanded text file and game works.
    So I got the coats of arms and so on from it.
    The combat i did was a real long 1!!!
    In fact is still going on (I play on another comp) as the moment I wrote!!!
    Now the not so good news, I entered a fight agst the Arlian hordes and the they got archers!!!
    And I also got horse archers from start as I play as Coveltian Hordes (6 units at start on capital).
    On the 2nd combat I got as enemies 4 units of Arlian barrage infantry (Archers, lol).
    I must say that visualy both combats where intense and really amazing, rockets rulez!
    And on the 4th turn I thought I'd loose, after being sieged by an Arlian army on my capital and defeated.
    But a full stack aperead coming from nowhere, leaded by a general and i can keep on going
    Now just hope You adapt this mod to Gundug's otherworld map.
    Ps. I noticerd that i dont have the speechs at the start of a combat, playing as Coveltian Hordes, is expected?
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; June 28, 2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: ..

Now the not so good news, I entered a fight agst the Arlian hordes and the they got archers!!!
    And I also got horse archers from start as I play as Coveltian Hordes (6 units at start on capital).
    On the 2nd combat I got as enemies 4 units of Arlian barrage infantry (Archers, lol).
    I must say that visualy both combats where intense and really amazing, rockets rulez!
    Well I didn't get rid of starting armies, so starting armies may still have missile units, you weren't able to recruit any though right?

thanks for the feedback!

K to everyone that might notice this: I did not edit the starting armies, so in the beginning of this mod you will notice that there is missile units, they will only be there til they die out, as you can not recruit missile units, so it is strictly in the beginning that you will see missile units, none will be added!

regards, ramtha
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; June 28, 2007 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtha View Post
    thanks! I like the more experimental approah to modding, where alot of people just get so sucked up in the thought of putting realism and accuracy into an inaccurate game...

I think we need more modders to try this approach and we'd have more creativity, and more unique mods.

One reason why I am such a fan of Gundug's otherworld mod, but ackwardly enough, few people know about that mod.
    Amen Brother

p.s. woo 100th post
    Watch my RTW commentaries here: http://www.youtube.com/MattofRome
    Quote Originally Posted by America
    Killing us just makes us stronger

Thanks for the prayer!

Could someone confirm that the new narrators and mongolian accents work for them?

Also, I forgot to remove priests and cardinals from the campaign map to start with.

So I may be releasing a patch for this soon.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

I know for sure that Mongolian accents work on the diplomacy screen.
    Ramtha, I've discovered in a Custom Battle you can actually recruit missile-type units (Peasant Archers, Pavise Crossbowmen and such). Is that intentional?

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

yes custom battle it's fine...

I only got rid of them in the campaign so they can't be recruited, as people may still like using them in a custom battle.

But do the new battle narrators work Drstvaan?

Decanus

wwwwwooo a mod that isn't obsessed with "does his helmet look realistic" or "this faction should have less of unit X" i think i will have to try this then and i get bored of the campaign so maybe this will bring the fun it sometimes needs into the game. but with unlimited movement could you technically complete a campaign in one turn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast