Thread: [EB AAR] Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

Default [EB AAR] Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

~Rules of Engagement~
    1)No mercenaries unless I can somehow RP a character into hiring them
    2)Generals fight heavily in combat, they are Germanic Tribes, I think that the War chiefs would be among those to fight first...(correct me if I am wrong)
    3)Ungoverned settlements will be auto-governed if there is no character with the "Royal Eye" trait within two/one provinces away (debating number)
    4)Honour character traits, use them to RP the characters for good or bad (purposefully make mistakes)
    5)AAR is told from the point of view of one character.

This AAR is played with the EB modification as the Sweboz faction (Germanic Tribes) on H/H.

More to come once I set up photoshop.

I promise no historical accuracy... at all.
    Last edited by Dimcantina; July 03, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

sounds fun

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Well get on with it then!

This should be great as EB AARs usualy are great!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Kuningaz(King) Heruwulfaz
    The King of the Germanic Tribes is a very powerful man. Only surpassed by his younger brother, Ansuherjaz, Heruwulfaz is the focal point for Germanic expansion. Among the four brothers he has always been the leader in their endeavours, though never the thinker.

Athawulfuz

Renowned for no great talent during face-to-face battle, but instead for his victories behind bushes, within the trees, and even in tall grass. A true berserker in every right Athawulfz is the head of all ambush & hit-and-run campaigns. Amongst his kin he is a jovial man, a lover of jokes, pranks, and
    alcohol. To his brothers he has always been their spokesperson, rarely expressing his own ideas, but instead voicing his brothers.

Theudanaz(Prince) Ansuherjaz
    The 'golden child' of the four brothers is one of the most inspiring men in the Germanic tribes. A superb speaker (though not as outspoken as Athawulfuz), and an even better commander many look forward to his reign. Pride is Ansuherjaz's sin of choice, he knows how amazing he is and does little to be humble. Appointed the brains behind the Sweboz, however, Ansuherjaz sees less and less of the battlefield (much to his dismay) and more time coordinating the efforts of the growing nation.

Hrabnaz
    Living in the shadow of his elder brothers has made Hrabnaz a very bitter man. The supposed 'dark horse' of his family, in truth Hrabnaz is a man (barely) who has yet to come into his own. The protagonist of this AAR and the most interesting of the three brothers lives in a grey area among the Sweboz. With no clear role, nor goal, Hrabnaz has been left, mostly, up to his own whims.
    +++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=+++++=

The Germanic Tribes stand at a pivotal point in their history. Men of the fierce north and proud warriors they have withstood all that has been thrown against them. However, now their 'peace' is being threatened by outsiders. To the south-east, in Gaul, two twin tribes have risen and are warring with each other. Should one win, when one wins they will surely target the fertile lands east of the Rhine for plunder, even expansion.

To the far south, where the decadent 'civilised' fools reside a warmongering Republic, who call themselves the Romans, have united, or quelled, the latin tribes and now are looking to futher expand their territory. While their attention may be directed to the rest of the peninsula, soon their vision will focus on southern Gaul and possibly the Germanic tribes after that.

The tribes need to be united to face these threats and only time will tell if this will come to pass.

272 BC-Spring
    Spring came abruptly and without remorse for the soft whites and calming snowstroms Hrabnaz found enjoyable about winter. Spring meant thawing, of both the land and men. Spring meant campaigning.
    As Hrabnaz readied his men, a small contingent of 202 Frameharjoz, for a short journey to Swebotraustastamnoz, the only walled settlements around the region. He planned to rest up, maybe gather another hundred or so more men and then walk where the sun and moon guided him.
    He had consulted his second in command, a man named Saligastiz, about this plan and he too agreed that a good plunder or two could lift the men's spirits. "To hell with my brothers plans of unification right now... I think we need some gold in our pockets and women in our laps!" He told his men the night he announced the plan, and most agreed.

272 BC- Summer
    Hrabnaz hated summer. Hated it with a passion. As he marched with his men he could barely stand the oppressive heat. His armour helped little, but there had been rumours of brigands roaming southern Swebolandam. "So much for Ansuherjaz's plans for 'definite control over Swebolandam and the quelling of bandit activities!'"
    An envoy from Swebotraustastamnoz had reached him weeks prior, brining Ansuherjaz's "empty promises..."and a request for Hrabnaz to gather his men and bring them to the settlement.
    While it was not much of a problem for him to do so, it was his destination after all, what agitated Hrabnaz was that he was told to do so.

The message had also reported that Heruwulfaz and Athawulfaz, who are almost inseparable, had gathered many able-bodied men in northern Swebolandam, roughly 303 Frameharjoz, 153 Ridoharjoz, and 60 Bugimannoz.
    "Too many for a simple raid..." Hrabnaz told himself when he heard the numbers. "But enough to storm a medium sized settlement."

Indeed enough for a medium sized settlement, but very few settlements like that existed. Far north, and many miles east of our bitter protagonist stalked the german shadow, Wilagastiz. A rather young (and quite fetching) man employed by the Sweboz army to scout ahead of them.
    Lugouw, the province adjacent to Swebolandam, appeared to be Heruwulfaz's target. Wilagastiz was not sure, "Grunts do not need that kind of information" Heruwulfaz had told him when he asked for more information on the armies movements, and Wilagastiz questioned no more. After all he was getting paid, and unlike his brethren glory and honour was of little value to him.
    Wilagastiz found his target late into summer. Autumn was viably approaching, as the trees had begun their descent into an amalgamation of assorted reds and yellows, as Wilagastiz entered Lugouw's chief settlement, Carrowdunum.
    The Lugii were the dominating tribe of both the region and the settlement. Friendly people as far as Wilagastiz was concerned, he dealt with them little, as he only mapped out their territory, and soon after his entrance into the village he set up his contacts and was gone.

272 BC- Autumn
    Swebotraustastamnoz was just on the horizon now. Autumn was well on its way, most trees that Hrabnaz saw now were either clad in red or yellow. "If Athawulfuz were here he would be having one hell of a time painting himself to blend into the surroundings"Hrabnaz said to himself as he walked through the dense patch of forest the preceded Swebotraustastamnoz.
    Within a few more days he was in the settlement.
    Swebotrustastamnoz never felt like 'home' to Hrabnaz. He missed his fathers hearth, whose embers had long since died out.
    He hurried to meet Ansuherjaz, who was in his Wrakjoberja. "A needlessly imposing building that houses an equally useless man."Hrabnaz said to himself when he first saw the building some seasons ago, and he still kept to those words as he approached the stone warrior-house.

"Ah! Hello brother!" Ansuherjaz said when his brother entered the main hall. It was dimly lit and an odd, distasteful smell of burining leaves prevaded the room made Hrabnaz want to spit. Ansuherjaz turned and whispered a few hushed words to a grey-haired man, who was beginning to become bent with age, that stood by his desk. He hurried out.
    "Come then, lets talk," Ansuherjaz said in his special tone that left the listener in the dark if Ansuherjaz were being genuine or not, "How is my nephew?"
    "She is fine." Ansuherjaz was definately was not interested in Aluruno, only Antawulfaz and Heruwulfaz took kindly to her.
    "Your wife?"
    "Fine as well. Listen Ansuherjaz, you and I both know that pleasantries are not what you came to me for. What is it? I could be raiding some village to the south right now, or drinking ale with my men."
    Ansuherjaz laugh his deep, oddly charming laugh and moved towards where Hrabnaz stood and embraced him in a fierce huge.
    "Never the one for meaningless conversation were you, Hrabnaz."
    Ansuherjaz released him, allowing Hrabnaz to breath properly. Ansuherjaz was far stronger than him.
    "Well Heruwulfaz and Athawulfaz are planning to expand Sweboz territory, you know to flew our new muscles."
    This much Hrabnaz was sure of, he had heard rumours of their intentions from the townspeople.
    "And I want you to join them in this."
    "Why?"
    "It will be good for you. Some time with the others may make you less... dark."
    Only Ansuherjaz would be this forward.
    "Well sure... but all of that could have been issued through a report."
    "Yes, but I wanted to ask you something."
    "What?"
    "Keep an eye on those two. They are not stupid, but at times foolish, and Athawulfaz can goad Heruwulfaz into doing rash things. While I am here and you are out there watch them.
    "

272 BC- Winter
    "This is ridiculous..."
    "Well, be glad. Carrodunum is a long way away and we only have to march to an island not too far from Swebotraustastamnoz."
    The initial plans to claim Lugouw and subjugate the Lugii residing there had failed miserably. By late autumn no more was heard from Wilagastiz, who was supposed to guide the armies to Carrodunum, and winter had settled in.
    By time Hrabnaz had joined the main army they had already decided their new target; Gamjow-Rugoz.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Rugoz village situated north of Swebotraustastamnoz

Heruwulfaz had decided upon the target and turned their army around from the Swebolandam-Lugobouw boarder, meeting Hrabnaz and his men halfway.
    Now they stood outside of the village, no walls surrounded the small village so they could get a clear picture of the enemy. They outnumbered them, that much they were sure of. When Athawulfaz scouted the village on horseback he saw that most inhabitants had fled and only those who were going to fight remained. They were sure that come spring they would attack.
    The meeting between Hrabnaz and his brothers, however, left both sides unsure. After brief "Hellos" were exchanged an awkward silence descended on the brothers till Athawulfaz broke the silence.
    "So how is your daughter?"
    "Fine. You know that Ansuherjaz asked be the same question."
    "Did he really care?"
    "Not too sure, never can be with him."
    Heruwulfaz broke in. "Now, we cannot speak of our brother like that," He turned to Hrabnaz,
    "Of course he meant it, he is our brother and the uncle of Aluruno," Then he turned to Athawulfaz,
    "And to ask such a question of the future leader of our people is ill advised."
    "You know he told me to watch you guys."
    "Then be quiet and watch."

273 BC-Spring
    The start of the New Year, while snow still fell freely from the sky, brought the news that war with the Arverni, one of the warring Gaul Tribes, had been alleviated into neutrality by the diplomat Hagarabuz.

"The grey-haired man I saw with Ansuherjaz..."
    None the less, the relationship between the Sweboz and Adeui would soon follow suit.
    But Hrabnaz had little time to focus on diplomatics right now, his world would soon become engrossed by the battle that was soon to come.

Battle for Gamjow-Rugoz-273 BC-Spring
    Participants:
    Heruwulfaz
    Athawulfz
    Hrabnaz

Early in the Afternoon the Men Began Their March to the Outskirts of the Village

After a brief respite Heruwulfaz drew up his battle plan. He is well known for these on-the-spot tactics, and most of them are successful.

The battle plan has Hrabnaz attacking from the north end with 101 Framehowjoz and 51 Ridoharjoz. From the west Heruwulfaz will launch the main attack with 202 Framehowjoz, 51 Ridoharjoz, and 60 Bugimannoz. While from the south Athawulfaz is taking a smaller contingent comprised of 101 framehowjoz and 100 Sawinoz.

However, Heruwulfaz's plans go slightly awire. Before him and his men is only a small force of Framhowjoz, while Hrabnaz faces against the Rugoz skirmishers and a mercenry band of swordsmen.

Hrabnaz sends his Ridoharjoz to engage the Rugoz skirmishers.

Hrabnaz, however does not panic because of this. Instead this is an oppourtunity for glory and recognition. As his Ridoharjoz engage the skirmishers he rushes his men before the Frameharjoz, so he can attain first blood.
    They clash, but the swordsmen fall back and begin to throw javelins into the loyal bodyguards. One javelin just skims Hrabnaz's face, leaving a ragged cut. By this time the Frameharjoz have caught up with Hrabnaz's personal warriors and with a demoralizing cry the enter the throng.

Hrabnaz's Herthoz and Frameharjoz clash with the enemy swordsmen. While the Ridoharjoz attack the skirmishers in the background.

The enemy soon routes under the heavy pressure and flee inwards to the village centre.
    Meanwhile the battle fares well for both Heruwulfaz and Athawulfaz. Athawulfaz finds no resistance so he presses forth to the village centre till he is only yards away from the general. To his surprise the man leading them is not Germanic, not even from Gaul. Instead, atop a brown horse and clad in a beige cape sits a Greek!

Now the men draw nearer from all sides and only a small party of Rugoz horsemen still breath. With a final cry then men charge forth, one final charge, and begin the slaughter.

The Greek Goes Down!

I promise to never screw up the pictures this badly again.
    Last edited by Dimcantina; July 04, 2007 at 08:13 PM.

Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

asd21593's Avatar Tiro

"I promise to never screw up the pictures this badly again."

yeah, a little too much photoshop, otherwise good job, i love barbarian aars

http://twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=28706
    my profile ^^^
    MY AARS
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108089
    MASTERS OF THE EARTH --- Massive Multi-Game AAR FINISHED
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111310
    MASTERS OF THE EARTH 2 --- M2TW Byzantium Campaign FINISHED

I know... I was experimenting

Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Woah, where did you get the portraits like that, is it part of Europa Barbarorum? The portraits look cool like that, painted looking and such. Also, nice AAR, keep up the good work!

The same filter over and over again isn't good looking. That aside, the AAR is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    The same filter over and over again isn't good looking. That aside, the AAR is pretty good.
    Well I was going for a style but it failed miserably. No more filters yay!

Also next instalment should be out by the end of the weekend.

Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

asd21593's Avatar Tiro

try to keep the entries smaller (thats just me) its easier for people to absorb whats going on, me personally, i dont like long updates, you see the length and you say "meh, ill just look at the pics"

otherwise good aar

http://twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=28706
    my profile ^^^
    MY AARS
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108089
    MASTERS OF THE EARTH --- Massive Multi-Game AAR FINISHED
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111310
    MASTERS OF THE EARTH 2 --- M2TW Byzantium Campaign FINISHED

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

I don't mind the "filters." It makes it more stylized and distinct.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

you are better off making the image sharper, and low contrast, so it has a greyed out, yet distinct look.

Well, I don't even see the pictures so that isn't a problem. Nice AAR though.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

uhmm tis from july

Must be a long weekend..
    Watch my RTW commentaries here: http://www.youtube.com/MattofRome
    Quote Originally Posted by America
    Killing us just makes us stronger

haha nice one matt