Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Introducing: La Guerre de Cent Ans - The Hundred Years War (OUT NOW: see Released Mods for new thread)

Default Introducing: La Guerre de Cent Ans - The Hundred Years War (OUT NOW: see Released Mods for new thread)

- La Guerre de Cent Ans -:- The Hundred Years War -

Teamleader: on a mountain
    The team: =NF= the Naked Fanatics
    The flying dutch pet: Stig

Features:
    - Completely New Map of England and France with 113 regions, made from scratch.
    - Six factions (to be expanded to a far greater number by new patches for the mod): The two main combatants (england and france) and four satellites (savoy, aragon, hre, and burgundy), allying themselves to one of the main parties while pursuing their own goals.
    - Starting date: 1337, ends (officially): 1453, 2 turns per year (winter/summer).

Navigatable rivers: four rivers (Rhine, Seine, Garonne, and Rhone) will be navigatable for fleets

Unruly provinces: Will the Welsh stay loyal to the english crown, or make an attempt at gaining their own freedom back?

Vast territories: this is a large map! The overall map is about 20% larger than the original M2, with considerably more landmass

In depth historic research: we have read our books. In french and in english. While the mod tries to keep as close as possible to reality, we are not realism-fanatics. The priority is fun, and if it can be close to historic facts, well, that's a bonus!

"I sentence you, in my capacity as steward of England, to be drawn to the gallows, hanged, beheaded and quartered."

John of Gaunt to the earl of Arundel,
    during Parliament proceedings September 1396

(to which the King Richard II added that due to rank the man need only be beheaded)

----------------------------------------------------

To come, in due time (when I have some time to completely finish the preview (and get all stupid spelling mistakes out)):
    A little preview for the Savoy Faction
    Last edited by theStig; November 22, 2008 at 04:35 AM.

Default Re: Introducing: La Guerre de Cent Ans - The Hundred Years War

nice stuff! any new units?

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good job!
    huge map, i like it...

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

The date and the lenght of 116 years is easy to remember.

it starts from the year L33t, or 1337

and ends in the same year as Constantinople was conquered by Mehmed II.
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Lyrondor's Avatar Libertus

Wow !

Formidable ! J'ai hâte de jouer à ce mod !

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Swee5t looking map. Love how the Alps were done, realy makes them look fierce
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Player44 View Post
    nice stuff! any new units?
    Depends on how you look at "new units"

Here are some I did for Savoy (it's more or less done, I just need time to make a nice post):

They are mainly modded units taken from other factions, names changed, stats changed etc.
    None of us has ever done proper modding before (I can make all factions playable ) and thus none of us can make new models etc.

(note: all those pics were taking while modding, by now things do look better)

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Yay! this forum is much more alive than the one in the ORG! good to see the hundred years war mod is now in twc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

looks good!
    I'm looking forward to this!

in later versions you could add flanders, so the Netherlands won't be that empty.

Great! I have been waiting for a hundred years war mod.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Yay! this forum is much more alive than the one in the ORG! good to see the hundred years war mod is now in twc!
    Hmm yes well... the org does have a rather lot of younger members... compared to how many older members there are. They tend to do less modding.

@ Mod:
    Map looks very professional. Interesting Mini campaign (I.E. covers a small area... could be just as fun and just as much hard work as a bigger one!).

Good to see navigatable rivers... hopefully many more innovative (well tbh that ideas not exactly original... however it is fun, historical and ignored by a lot of mods foolishly) ideas will feature in this mod.

Can any of you skin?

in later versions you could add flanders, so the Netherlands won't be that empty
    Aye, that's going to happen, they simply won't be in the first version because that would leave other area's open.

Can any of you skin?
    NONOpust can, but his monitor is broken

As you will have seen, I simply used the Polish skins and took out some Polish icons.

Looks great. Is a release planned any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post

Can any of you skin?
    I believe Gebeleisis (sorry if I spelt that wrong Geb ) can skin - he is very good with photoshop. Also we have Vasileios - who is also a demon with photoshop...

Basically we are going to be applying skins over old models, as none of us know how to use 3DS Max

ill make new models and skin them. but nothing more

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

No need mate, most of us prefer the original, nicely coloured MTW2 units. By just applying different skins from other factions and taking units from Kingdoms we can get loads of units. Enough to make over 15 units for each faction.

Just to give you guys an update:

I am at the moment preparing version 0.8 which will sort out many pathfinding details, religion (important, because we want some provinces to rebel, and we will use religion to achieve that), and city upgrades. Remember that we are starting during the high era, and thus want to start straight away with powerful units.
    Also it will include the new faction of Aragon. I am going to try and make it markedly different to Castille, so that at a later date we can include Castille as an additional faction.

And aside of that I will make a start with Burgundy next week, tho that will go slow, as I need to do them independent of the base-mod and make sure I can mod them in easely later on.

Did I say next week?
    Hell we've all been busy. OAM started studying again, NONO lost his monitor, Vas went missing and I had to drink beer.

Anyway work on this thing has started again. Currently OAM is doing religions and I'm doing the coding on Burgundy (first unit done yesterday). And NONO (mostlikely) and Vas (for sure) will be skinning the units and faction symbols.

With a bit of luck something gets released at about March (I hope). The mod we have now is playable, but lacks many things: Aragon and Burgundy need their units done, England, France and HRE need units taken out (it's High Era mostly) to start with.

Are you adding ethnicities(e.g. English Gascon, French, ect.) or religions? If you are adding religions what religions other then Catholicism and heretical are in?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast