Thread: Carthaginian marines gone

Icon4 Carthaginian marines gone

Recently I've noticed that the Carthaginian marines unit is absent from Carthage roster in custom battle

Is this some bug or an intended change?
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Carthaginian marines gone

Perhaps its because of the limitations of the custom battles. Too many units represented will crash the game. Which is why you wont see all of the 1500+ units which is present in DeI

Maybe we did remove them from the land battle roster when we did the naval overhaul? I'm not completely sure.

Damn...they were one of my favourite units in terms of armor variety.
    Would it be possible to add them back maybe? Should hurt
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Maybe we did remove them from the land battle roster when we did the naval overhaul? I'm not completely sure.
    Yeah no idea either We just got too many units....

I just checked the rosters for naval battles. All melee units on ships are the epibatoi, so I guess they have been removed from custom battle rosters for all factions indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Yeah no idea either We just got too many units....
    No, we need more units! We should add more until we can't fit them on the custom battle screen.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    With more unit descriptions too!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I mean, I've already edited the new Media Atropatene unit descriptions. Now just waiting on Ritter to make even more new units...

All marine units are now used as the actual units on our overhauled naval vessels and have different stats from land units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Marines are not available for any of the big "marine" factions (Athens, Egypt, Carthage) except as troops deployed from ships in the campaign. Archers and swordsmen have both been removed from the barracks for land armies. I understand the choice, but I do miss having an entire "marine" corps/stack that got sent overseas sometimes...