Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arnor units & reskins sub mod (Update: Ardunaim reskin and Dwarven Overhual Mod merged File available)

Default Arnor units & reskins sub mod (Update: Ardunaim reskin and Dwarven Overhual Mod merged File available)

I have merged Ar Ardunaim reskin and Dwarven Overhaul mods together, I have tested all units and made a couple of fixes with a few stat changes to Ardunaim units to put them in line with the rest of Dac's unit stats

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/file/xhr2v5...unaimReskin.7z For DAC 2.2.

To install:Extract the file(File compressed with 7zip) Take the Data folder from "DwarvenOverhaul Merged With Ar ArdunaimReskin" file and Paste it into your Third age install directory.EXAMPLE "steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"

Credits:
    Taurion of Lindon and his Ar Ardunaim Reskin Submod.
    And also the Reforged team for there models and textures

Hummingbird and his Dwarven Overhaul.
    And also
    Celtic Magister for new banners,Black Goldfish for textures for Azaghal's Tomb Protectors and Dragonslayers,Firedragon for 'big' unit UIs and, Lord of Links for new Ered Luin unit descriptions

=================================================================================================================================================================

This is my own personnel submod that im planning on releasing in the near future, no idea when as im still very new to modding. But for now just some screens and text to look at. Most of this is just splicing units and using existing textures, only the Arnor Ar Arduaim reskins has any proper editing done on my part.

More to come soon.

Men-At-Arms (For both ND and Ar Ardunaim)
    Only ND gets the third upgrade level.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    https://imgur.com/a/Xcx1qlC
    https://i.imgur.com/sdLtAAS.png This is much closer to what will be the finished product for the ardunaim version of this unit
    https://i.imgur.com/mmGZvAr.png
    https://i.imgur.com/61CsVA5.png And the Northern Dunadan version

BladeMasters (For both ND and Ar Ardunaim) ((Yes the first pic has wrong plate textures))
    Only ND gets the third upgrade level.

TharbadPikes (For both ND and Ar Ardunaim)
    Only ND gets the second upgrade level.

MilitiaCaptains (For both ND and Ar Ardunaim)

MountedCaptains (For both ND and Ar Ardunaim)

ArnorSpears(DunadanWardens) (Only for ND)

ArnorCavalry(DunadanCavalry) (Only for ND)

SteelBows (Only for ND)

Current new unit cards its my first time making unit cards so there not as high quality as I would like

I have also added all the mid tier gondor units and citadel guard into the Ardunaim roster. Idea will be is you can choose to in either Dol Amroth, Gondor and Arnor territories to either build your own barracks or build a sort of "autonomy" building? that will come with some stats and of course the units native to the territory.
    Last edited by centurionA1; August 06, 2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Pretty stuff

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Arnor units & reskins sub mod (Will also merge with Ardunaim reskin and Drwarven overhaul Soon™)

What if you already had the Dwarves Overhaul submod will it make a difference in installation?

Default Re: Arnor units & reskins sub mod (Will also merge with Ardunaim reskin and Drwarven overhaul Soon™)

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    What if you already had the Dwarves Overhaul submod will it make a difference in installation?
    I dont think so itl just be the overhauls edited files with the additional models and textures. So itl just be a simple copy and paste.

How do I download this ?

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

I'm sorry but they now look all the same just with different weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Melvasul View Post
    I'm sorry but they now look all the same just with different weapon
    Then dont download the mod when its released, there are plenty of people who like uniformity.
    And I should also add.... the ND arnt exactly short of unit selection... And the Ardunaim wont be getting as many same looking units from them.
    Last edited by centurionA1; June 21, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

what to people think of this for Ardunaim Dol Amroth units https://i.imgur.com/Zsoiccv.png ? Its just some minor colour changes, Not sure if its to much red.
    Last edited by centurionA1; June 21, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

Yup, I find it to be too much red. It does look nice, but it's not easily distinguishable as DA.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by centurionA1 View Post
    I dont think so itl just be the overhauls edited files with the additional models and textures. So itl just be a simple copy and paste.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Yup, I find it to be too much red. It does look nice, but it's not easily distinguishable as DA.
    Lol Its Ardunaim red not Dol Amroth red but yeah I removed the red from the neck(Barmica) and it looks decent now.

I should be releasing the merged mod tomorrow. My own changes wont be released for at least 2 weeks Im still learning as I go atm, 30 mins ago I discovered how to add multiple weapons and shields etc to a model.

Edit: More shields
    https://i.imgur.com/MPcO3Xy.png
    Last edited by centurionA1; June 21, 2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Pretty stuff

Just keep the original marines for Ar Ardunaim because to me they look better (if you agree ofcourse) on original but everyrhing else amazing job.
    Last edited by iceman1946; June 22, 2018 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    Just keep the original marines for Ar Ardunaim because to me they look better (if you agree ofcourse) on original but everyrhing else amazing job.
    Sorry but I wont be changing anything in the mods, until of course I release my own submod.
    Last edited by centurionA1; June 22, 2018 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: Arnor units & reskins sub mod (Update: Ardunaim reskin and Dwarven Overhual Mod merged File available)

I have changed the Men-At-Arms up a little and iv decided they are near finished, Iv also decided to make this version of the unit the default texture/model rather than the first upgrade, so the men at arms will have 2 instead of 3 armor upgrades this will most likley apply to the Blade Masters/DunadanCav as well.

The actual picture.
    https://i.imgur.com/sdLtAAS.png

Edit: And can somebody tell me if the merged submod actually works?
    Last edited by centurionA1; June 22, 2018 at 08:10 PM.

Default Re: Arnor units & reskins sub mod (Update: Ardunaim reskin and Dwarven Overhual Mod merged File available)

So it reskins the Arnor units to that black and red color scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    So it reskins the Arnor units to that black and red color scheme?
    No it will add Armor upgrades for Northern Dunadan units, some of which will have a version for the Ar Ardunaim. When released I plan to add the ability to build for the Ardunaim ,Northern dunadan barracks in there territories gondor's in there's and dol amroth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by centurionA1 View Post
    No it will add Armor upgrades for Northern Dunadan units, some of which will have a version for the Ar Ardunaim. When released I plan to add the ability to build for the Ardunaim ,Northern dunadan barracks in there territories gondor's in there's and dol amroth as well.
    Ah, I see. Like, the Ardunaim used to be the Black Numenorians, so if you sail up to Eriador and take those lands you get the "evil" versions of the Arnor units then? Sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    Ah, I see. Like, the Ardunaim used to be the Black Numenorians, so if you sail up to Eriador and take those lands you get the "evil" versions of the Arnor units then? Sounds interesting
    Hehe Yeah was exactly what I had in mind when I decided to start the painful learning, trial and error to get this stuff working

i don´t see any change in the steelbows and tharbad pikemen, i mean there´s no ar-adunaim textures, i don´t see any change.... it could be me.... i will keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by marcofar View Post
    i don´t see any change in the steelbows and tharbad pikemen, i mean there´s no ar-adunaim textures, i don´t see any change.... it could be me.... i will keep trying
    ? I havnt released the mod, iv only released a merged submod of the Ar Ardunaim reskin and Dwarven overhaul submods.......
    Last edited by centurionA1; June 23, 2018 at 06:41 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast